Author Topic: Ex-Trump Adviser Tells Black Fox News Guest He's Out Of His 'Cotton-Picking Mind'  (Read 2036 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
President Trump’s former deputy campaign manager, David Bossie, told a black Democratic strategist appearing on “Fox & Friends” on Sunday that he’s out of his "cotton-picking mind.”

Bossie and strategist Joel Payne got into a heated exchange about the rhetoric used in debating immigration and other issues during a discussion moderated by Fox News host Ed Henry.

The men were discussing former CIA Director Michael Hayden posting a photo of Auschwitz in reference to the Trump administration’s since-ended policy of separating immigrant families at the border when Bossie made the comment.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/393841-ex-trump-adviser-tells-black-fox-news-guest-hes-out-of-his-cotton-picking-mind
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:50:57 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Womp womp.

Offline RoosGirl

Pfft, like someone from Boston knows anything about picking cotton.

Offline endicom

That's a common term having nothing to do with race. Hayden was worse than offensive.

Oceander

That's a common term having nothing to do with race. Hayden was worse than offensive.

Exactly.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Check out who he said it too, Payne, he's on the Democrat plantation, is that another such reference?  And he was accusing others of being racist. Tough.

Offline edpc

I wonder if the controversy makes Bossie feel like he's been sold down the river?

Offline dfwgator

So like I'm supposed to be outraged by this?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This is a reach and all the posters making outraged comments know it.  It has no racist significance to any sane person.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It should be clear, that Hayden is/was very much part of the "Permanent Deep State" consisting of cereer bureaucrats, appointees, officers,, etc.

Hayden, Brennan, GHW Bush, McCain, Clinton, Obama, and c***less others.

How Dare, an Outsider like Trump attempt to enter Our Power Structure?

Only We Know What is Best for America"

And we have the means, and will Use "Any and All Means Necessary," to Keep Control
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 09:17:26 pm by MOD3 »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

This is a reach and all the posters making outraged comments know it.  It has no racist significance to any sane person.

Can you even read?  What posters have made outraged comments?  Not even one.  Next you'll be accusing people of supporting child abuse like @TomSea

Offline edpc

Hayden, Brennan, GHW Bush, McCain, Clinton, Obama, and c***less others.

I figured you meant Bill for this to be accurate, but I remembered the spy magazine cover.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 09:17:44 pm by MOD3 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It should be clear, that Hayden is/was very much part of the "Permanent Deep State" consisting of cereer bureaucrats, appointees, officers,, etc.

Hayden, Brennan, GHW Bush, McCain, Clinton, Obama, and cuntless others.

How Dare, an Outsider like Trump attempt to enter Our Power Structure?

Only We Know What is Best for America"

And we have the means, and will Use "Any and All Means Necessary," to Keep Control

goopo

Oceander

What posters would those be?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Can you even read?  What posters have made outraged comments?  Not even one.  Next you'll be accusing people of supporting child abuse like @TomSea

I can even read.  I learned that skill early.  When I see a bunch of posts in a row by predictable people that I have on ignore, I assumed that they were delighted to assume racism.  Maybe I was wrong.  I'll go back and read the posts ... because reading is part of my skill set.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What posters would those be?

Wow!!!  I should have learned from Bad News Bears not to assume.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

@RoosGirl

Sorry, for the vile things said here about people who hold the same views as Ted Cruz, those defending what Peter Fonda said or talking about age, seemed to be doing it. Grow up!

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl

Sorry, for the vile things said here about people who hold the same views as Ted Cruz, those defending what Peter Fonda said or talking about age, seemed to be doing it. Grow up!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

What's the meaning of the phrase 'Cotton-picking'?
A general term of disapproval, of something that is troublesome or a nuisance.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/cotton-picking.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@RoosGirl

Who the hell here is defending what Peter Fonda said?  @TomSea

Offline endicom

Exactly.

I searched for 'pea-picking' and came up with this:

Out of your cotton picking mind
Posted by ESC on September 26, 2005

In Reply to: Out of your cotton picking mind posted by Francis Vassallo on September 26, 2005

: Are you out of your cotton picking mind? I have heard the phrase before. The meaning is not in question, just it's origin. My son thought it was a racially sensitive phrase. I never thought of it that way, though I understand how it can be. It would be helpful to understand it's origin.

Both whites and blacks picked cotton in the South. But I probably wouldn't say it to a black person. Here's some information from a previous discussion:

COTTON-PICKING - as an adjective cotton-picking "is widespread as a term of disparagement. Damned, darned." From the "Dictionary of American Regional English," Volume 1 by Frederic G. Cassidy (1985, Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Mass., and London, England).

: : Actually, I think it's more light-hearted/ teasing than disparaging. "Keep your cotton-picking hands off my sandwich."

A similar phrase -- "Bless your little pea-picking heart." A phrase used by country singer/entertainer Tennessee Ernie Ford.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/43/messages/460.html

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Well he was out of his watermelon, fried chicken, greens eating mind then.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

Payne offered a truce and invited Bossie to 'Cracker' Barrel after the show.

Online roamer_1

Pfft, like someone from Boston knows anything about picking cotton.

What's funny is how prevalent that phrase (cotton-pickin') is in my daily vernacular. My initial reaction was 'The guy's probably a redneck...'

If he were, it wouldn't mean a damn thing... And none of the blacks I know would be offended either, btw. Heck, they are as prone to use the term as I am.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The origin is not racist nor a reference to slavery.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/cotton-picking.html