Author Topic: Your Guide to the Ever-Expanding Frozen Dessert Aisle  (Read 527 times)

rangerrebew

Your Guide to the Ever-Expanding Frozen Dessert Aisle
« on: June 24, 2018, 03:05:57 pm »
Your Guide to the Ever-Expanding Frozen Dessert Aisle

Halo Top, GoodPop and My/Mo are among the newer options.
By Toby Amidor, Contributor June 22, 2018, at 11:21 a.m.

U.S. News & World Report

I'm crazy for ice cream and frozen treats. So when I walk down the frozen dessert aisle at my local market, I can't help but stick my head in the freezer to check out all the latest goodies to hit store shelves. Regular ice cream, frozen fruit bars and kid-friendly frozen goodies are still there, but low-calorie ice creams, non-dairy choices and fruit-only bars have started taking over. Which ones are right for you? Here's a nutritional rundown of the newest options to help you decide:

Pops and Bars

The ice pop aisle has been expanding, specifically targeting consumers who are looking for fruit bars with less or no added sugar, or for allergy-friendly choices. Here are four that you'll find on the market; I recommend them all:

https://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/articles/2018-06-22/your-guide-to-the-ever-expanding-frozen-dessert-aisle

Offline Applewood

Re: Your Guide to the Ever-Expanding Frozen Dessert Aisle
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 02:51:32 pm »
Personally, I'm happy that there are now non-dairy ice cream alternatives since the real thing causes me tummy upset.  I do believe, though, that many of these alternatives have more sugar than the already  overly sweetened real ice cream.   If on a sugar/carb-controlled diet, you just can't eat a lot of these non-dairy treats.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 03:00:12 pm »
I started buying frozen cherries and just eating them frozen, sometimes putting yogurt over them, which subsequently freezes it and makes it like eating ice cream.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 07:01:17 pm »
crappy fudgesicles.
Not the 6-to-a-box for $7 ones...
the 18-pack for $2.50.