Author Topic: Sixty Hours of GOP Dysfunction on Spending  (Read 303 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Sixty Hours of GOP Dysfunction on Spending
« on: June 23, 2018, 11:25:47 pm »
This is the unified government that conservatives spent a decade working towards?
By Brian Riedl
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/republican-spending-dysfunction-promised-trillions-in-cuts/

Here is the portrait of a dysfunctional party: On Tuesday, the House Republicans unveiled a budget that set a goal of spending cuts totaling $6,454 billion. On Wednesday, Senate Republicans defeated legislation to cut spending by $1 billion. On Thursday, House Republicans voted to renew $20 billion per year in farm subsidies.

The 2018 GOP talks like Barry Goldwater and spends like Lyndon Johnson . . .

. . . A party that brags about theoretically supporting $6,454,000 million in spending cuts balks at actually cutting $16 million. Earlier this year, the same party replaced its hard-fought discretionary-spending caps with a spending blowout that will likely cost $1.5 trillion over the decade. And then on Thursday, House Republicans voted to continue spending $20 billion annually on welfare for large agribusinesses. No net cuts at all.

It is no wonder that conservative voters are cynical. This is the unified Republican control of government they spent a decade working towards.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Sixty Hours of GOP Dysfunction on Spending
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 11:41:59 pm »
I've been a certified cynic since Reagan caved to the Dems on spending and illegal immigration.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: