Author Topic: CBS Poll: Guess What Two Weeks Of Immigration Debate Did To Dem’s Generic Ballot Advantage?  (Read 484 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: HOTAIR

URL: https://hotair.com/archives/2018/06/25/cbs-poll-guess-two-weeks-immigration-debate-dems-generic-ballot-advantage/

by Ed Morrissey

It’s been three weeks since the last CBS/YouGov poll, and an eventful three weeks at that. During that period of time, the media and Democrats have covered almost nothing except the family-separation issue in border enforcement, with both having at times to admit that the same outcomes took place in the Obama administration, although not on the same scale. For the past fortnight, the American electorate has had a ringside seat to this overwhelming firestorm. With the midterms just four months out, the political impact of this has to have been massive. Right?

Maybe not. Three weeks ago, the previous CBS/YouGov poll showed Democrats leading Republicans by five. This weekend, their latest poll shows Democrats leading by … four?

The question was asked differently in the previous poll — “If the 2018 election for U.S. House of Representatives were held today, whom would you vote for in the district where you live?” That’s not too much different, however, and the latest poll question more precisely mirrors the generic-ballot questions in other polls. With a margin of error of ±2.6%, not only is their no significant difference, the latest poll results comes close to a dead heat in the generic ballot.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Offline Suppressed

According to the poll, "nothing".
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
According to the poll, "nothing".

Finally a poll that admits they know nothing.

The Schlutz Poll.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."