Author Topic: Trump: Only Workable Immigration Solution Is To ‘Detain, Prosecute, and Promptly Remove’ Anyone Who  (Read 5263 times)

Online corbe

Press 1 for Spanish.

Si desea el debido proceso, siga el proceso.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Trump: Only Workable Immigration Solution Is To ‘Detain, Prosecute, and Promptly Remove’ Anyone Who Crosses Border"

In full agreement.
How much more need be said?

Except, perhaps...
Isn't it refreshing to have a president who actually takes his oath of office (to protect America and its Constitution) seriously...?

Online roamer_1

I think it's a fair point that if they don't come thru an official point of entry, they just get thrown back over the border without question. If you want due process, follow the process.

Right. Except I live right close to the Northern border, and have, upon occasion, drifted into Alberta by mistake. I didn't know I was in Alberta, and nothing showed that I crossed any line... But the Mounties showed up to see what I was doing.

That has happened to me personally, and on more than one occasion.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Right. Except I live right close to the Northern border, and have, upon occasion, drifted into Alberta by mistake. I didn't know I was in Alberta, and nothing showed that I crossed any line... But the Mounties showed up to see what I was doing.

Are you suggesting we let everyone run the border because you got lost?  Or are you suggesting something else?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

It's a little different, no a lot different, on the southern border.

Online roamer_1

Are you suggesting we let everyone run the border because you got lost?  Or are you suggesting something else?

No @Right_in_Virginia , what is on point is the idea of no due process. With no due process I would not be able to get back home, or at least not without a helluva lot more trouble. All for nothing.

Online roamer_1

It's a little different, no a lot different, on the southern border.

That's right. I get it. It's busted. But it isn't fixed by removing due process.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's right. I get it. It's busted. But it isn't fixed by removing due process.

No, I meant you can tell very easily where the border is. 

Online roamer_1

Oh, Ok... Not so up here, or at least, not so twenty/thirty years ago...  :shrug:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Oh, Ok... Not so up here, or at least, not so twenty/thirty years ago...  :shrug:

Roam's   Have you ever mistakenly crossed over the boarder?  Not on purpose.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.

@Sanguine  Actually in the desert in southern New Mexico, west of Santa Teresa, it isn't easy to "see" a border.  It's just Desert all around; my sister got stopped by La Migra and the DEA many times, wondering why she was hiking around out there, zigzagging over the border and back..  It reminds me of @roamer_1's description of his northern side.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online roamer_1

Roam's   Have you ever mistakenly crossed over the boarder?  Not on purpose.

Yes. A handful of times...

Offline LauraTXNM

Les Quebecers?  Or the normal Canucks.

@Wingnut, these are the normies who don't like Trump and are hypocrites about immigration.  I feel mean for complaining, but three weeks unplanned is a long time for in-laws to visit.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Wingnut, these are the normies who don't like Trump and are hypocrites about immigration.  I feel mean for complaining, but three weeks unplanned is a long time for in-laws to visit.

Staying in your home?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

No @Right_in_Virginia , what is on point is the idea of no due process. With no due process I would not be able to get back home, or at least not without a helluva lot more trouble. All for nothing.

Please explain this @roamer_1

Online roamer_1

Please explain this @roamer_1

@Right_in_Virginia
Well, if I figger out I am up in Alberta, and turn around to go back, and I am intercepted by the US Border Patrol, without papers or ID (which is usually the case in the bush)... Interdiction without due process means they just kick me back to Canada regardless of whether I claim US citizenship or not. I cannot get home without a passport at that point... and I am illegally in Canada, and subject to prosecution.

Due process means they accept my declaration, and at worst, hold me at the nearest Border Patrol shack until my ID is pounded out... Or turn me over to an American county sheriff for processing. Either of which is capable of accessing my driver's license and such  (I have a sheet, so the US system can find me pretty easily), proving my declaration, and leaving me be.

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia
Well, if I figger out I am up in Alberta, and turn around to go back, and I am intercepted by the US Border Patrol, without papers or ID (which is usually the case in the bush)... Interdiction without due process means they just kick me back to Canada regardless of whether I claim US citizenship or not. I cannot get home without a passport at that point... and I am illegally in Canada, and subject to prosecution.

Due process means they accept my declaration, and at worst, hold me at the nearest Border Patrol shack until my ID is pounded out... Or turn me over to an American county sheriff for processing. Either of which is capable of accessing my driver's license and such  (I have a sheet, so the US system can find me pretty easily), proving my declaration, and leaving me be.

I'm glad you had a happy ending .... but your situation is not equivalent to what's happening on the Southern border.

Besides, if worse had come to worse, one short visit, email or call to the US embassy in Canada ... and you're home.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 02:28:41 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm glad you had a happy ending .... but your situation is not equivalent to what's happening on the Southern border.

Besides, if worse had come to worse, one short visit, email or call to the US embassy in Canada ... and you're home.

That's the difference between Canada and Mexico right there.  That short call to the State Department will get you thrown into the deepest, darkest cell in the Mexican Prison because every bureaucrat from top to bottom will use "the American" prisoner to prove their machismo.  Experts who deal with Mexico on a regular basis tell people, "Dont get the State Department involved."

It's the surest way to turn a minor infraction into a year-long (or more) stay.

Bottom line:  Canada and Canadians may not like us much, but they're first-world.  Mexico on south is one giant third-world shithole, with a justice system to match.  I used to travel to the border towns, and cruise the Mexican Riviera, but those days are gone for good.  If the cartels don't get you, the Federales will.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Right_in_Virginia

@roamer_1

If you are up there with a horse and guns,they can confiscate both,and even put you in prison for a handgun.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

HOME??? Who wants to be home? That's 100 miles of rough road from my pickup, and another 30 miles walking to get back to my base camp to get my gear back. That ain't no happy ending.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

If you are up there with a horse and guns,they can confiscate both,and even put you in prison for a handgun.

@sneakypete
Yeah... But it's Alberta.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
HOME??? Who wants to be home? That's 100 miles of rough road from my pickup, and another 30 miles walking to get back to my base camp to get my gear back. That ain't no happy ending.

@roamer_1

No sweat. Call a uber and screw a millennial. "Just a mile or two further,and the road is paved. HONEST!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

No sweat. Call a uber and screw a millennial. "Just a mile or two further,and the road is paved. HONEST!"

LOL! Uber... You're a funny guy. There ain't no uber...

Offline LauraTXNM

Staying in your home?

@Cyber Liberty  Yes, I'm a bad dil ;(.  They were expected for my son's 8th grade graduation, came a bit early bc my uncle-in-law in Tacoma was suddenly dying of cancer ;(.  But after graduation on June 13 they decided to stay with us until June 29 to go to the uncle's memorial service in Tacoma.  And our landlady has been redoing our main bathroom, so we've had one bath for five people.  And my mil is a Canadian convert (from the US), so she's more anti-American than any native Canadian.  BTW, did you know The Weekend is from Canada?  They love to name all the famous crypto-Canadians living in the US ;). 

See -- first world problems ;)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Sure, that's going to happen from time to time, but that's no reason to stop hundreds of thousands who do stream over the border illegally.
The Republic is lost.