Author Topic: Billionaire Koch Brothers Network Unveils Phase One Of Multimillion-Dollar Ad Campaign Against Trump  (Read 511 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The political network funded by billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch are unveiling their first phase of a multimillion-dollar ad campaign against President Donald Trump's tariffs.

Freedom Partners, an organization that's part of the influential Koch network, is launching a six-figure television and radio ad campaign that will target the import tariffs being implemented by the Trump administration. The ads will also call on Congress to embrace free trade and not follow the course of the current White House trade policies.

"To keep growing, we must keep trading," the ad says. "Tariffs are not the answer. Tell Washington: Support Freedom. Oppose Tariffs."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/koch-brothers-unveil-first-ads-from-campaign-against-trumps-tariffs.html?recirc=taboolainternal
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:27:07 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

And the difference between the Kochs and Soros is?

Offline edpc

Who gets their money, I suppose.  They're also running a similar campaign against the Trump immigration stance.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:30:15 pm by edpc »

Offline andy58-in-nh

The Kochs create valuable products and services and employ tens of thousands of people.

Soros manipulates stock markets, funds anarchists, and destroys currencies.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline edpc

Here’s a roundup of Wall Street sentiment on the Trump trade war from the last few days:

“A trade war coupled with a confidence shock could push the US to the brink of recession.” – Bank of America Merrill Lynch

“The bumpy road ahead suggests uncertainty will remain high and will continue to have an adverse impact on sentiment and activity.” – Citibank

“Equities continue to be stuck in their ‘fat and flat’ range after renewed concerns on trade conflict drove a global risk-off.” – Goldman Sachs

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/week-trumponomics-trump-trade-war-starts-hurt-161250141.html

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Here’s a roundup of Wall Street sentiment on the Trump trade war from the last few days:

“A trade war coupled with a confidence shock could push the US to the brink of recession.” – Bank of America Merrill Lynch

“The bumpy road ahead suggests uncertainty will remain high and will continue to have an adverse impact on sentiment and activity.” – Citibank

“Equities continue to be stuck in their ‘fat and flat’ range after renewed concerns on trade conflict drove a global risk-off.” – Goldman Sachs

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/week-trumponomics-trump-trade-war-starts-hurt-161250141.html

Chicken little talk.  Nothing but the rantings of fatcats trying to scare the masses.   It ain't working.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

It depends on how long they stay in place.  Most of the retaliatory efforts will kick in early July.  If a farm bill has to be passed to subsidize farmers hurt by an action created by the admin, it won’t go over well.