Author Topic: Sessions: 'We never really intended' to separate families  (Read 732 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sessions: 'We never really intended' to separate families
By Morgan Gstalter - 06/21/18 04:32 PM EDT

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said on Thursday that the Trump administration "never really intended" to separate migrant children from their parents when he issued its aggressive crackdown on immigration prosecutions.

In an interview with CBN News released Thursday, Sessions said he had not anticipated the massive public backlash from the administration's “zero tolerance” immigration policy that he announced in April.

“It hasn’t been good and the American people don’t like the idea that we are separating families,” Sessions told CBN's David Brody. “We never really intended to do that. What we intended to do, was to make sure that adults who bring children into the country are charged with the crime they have committed.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/393541-sessions-we-never-really-intended-to-separate-families
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Sessions: 'We never really intended' to separate families
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 03:31:01 am »
More lies.  What it is about is his Methodist church bringing church charges against him.  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the cave had something to do with Sessions church.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/06/20/were-ministers-in-jeff-sessionss-church-his-immigration-stance-defies-our-values/?utm_term=.5316bcc0eeac
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 03:37:53 am »
'I Don't Think It Was an Extreme Position I Took': Jeff Sessions on the Bible, Immigration and His Critics
Jenna Browder

EXCLUSIVE

WASHINGTON – Attorney General Jeff Sessions addressed some of the criticism he and the White House have received in recent weeks regarding the administration's immigration policy in an exclusive interview Thursday with CBN News.

Sessions was personally criticized when he quoted scripture to justify separating families at the southern border, something CBN's David Brody asked him about.

"I don't think it was an extreme position that I took," said Sessions. "I directed it not to say that religion requires these laws on immigration. I just simply said to my Christian friends, 'You know, the United States has laws and I believe that Paul was clear in Romans that we should try to follow the laws of government of which we are a part.'"

Article: http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/2018/june/i-dont-think-it-was-an-extreme-position-i-took-jeff-sessions-on-the-bible-immigration-and-his-critics

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 03:41:53 am »
Would not need to worry about separating them if you immediately deported all illegal invading aliens!

Time to stiffen illegal invasion to a felony and mandatory deportation.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 04:06:26 am »
Would not need to worry about separating them if you immediately deported all illegal invading aliens!

Time to stiffen illegal invasion to a felony and mandatory deportation.

Did I say welcome to TBR?  Welcome to TBR, and I agree.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 04:35:08 am »
I heard an encouraging word today.  I read an article posted on Bookface that Sessions (who?) is suggesting we DNA test these "parents" and children to find out if they are really parents.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 04:40:43 am »
I heard an encouraging word today.  I read an article posted on Bookface that Sessions (who?) is suggesting we DNA test these "parents" and children to find out if they are really parents.

When he said that did he start singing "Home on The Range"  where the buffalo roam,
Where the deer and the antelope play,
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 04:50:21 am »
When he said that did he start singing "Home on The Range"  where the buffalo roam,
Where the deer and the antelope play,

I dunno, buy I think he might have been in blackface.  Jeff has been known to bee a wild and crazy guy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 05:05:19 am »
I dunno, buy I think he might have been in blackface.  Jeff has been known to bee a wild and crazy guy.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 08:35:35 am »
“It hasn’t been good and the American people don’t like the idea that we are separating families,” Sessions told CBN's David Brody. “We never really intended to do that. What we intended to do, was to make sure that adults who bring children into the country are charged with the crime they have committed.”

“I have put in place a ‘zero tolerance’ policy for illegal entry on our Southwest border. If you cross this border unlawfully, then we will prosecute you. It’s that simple. If you smuggle illegal aliens across our border, then we will prosecute you. If you are smuggling a child, then we will prosecute you and that child will be separated from you as required by law.” (Speech in San Diego, California, May 7, 2018) - Jeff Sessions

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/trump-says-separation-isn-t-his-policy-here-are-all-n884616

You have to marvel at the imperiousness of the lies.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 10:35:20 am »

“I have put in place a ‘zero tolerance’ policy for illegal entry on our Southwest border. If you cross this border unlawfully, then we will prosecute you. It’s that simple. If you smuggle illegal aliens across our border, then we will prosecute you. If you are smuggling a child, then we will prosecute you and that child will be separated from you as required by law.” (Speech in San Diego, California, May 7, 2018) - Jeff Sessions

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/trump-says-separation-isn-t-his-policy-here-are-all-n884616

You have to marvel at the imperiousness of the lies.
@edpc
It's actually not that impressive when you know the intended audience is begging to be lied to, deep down they know they deserve to be lied to, and the lie is preferable than facing the fact that everybody else is disturbed by their fanaticism.