Author Topic: Sources: East Pittsburgh Officer Accused Of Killing Antwon Rose Sworn In Hours Before Fatal Shooting  (Read 3706 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, I was wrong, as usual. 

https://www.cnn.com/2015/04/10/us/south-carolina-case-police-deadly-force/index.html

Regardless of what the law is, the officer has already been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion, fueled by the media. Meanwhile, the young kid was buried today and if you watched TV here locally, all you heard about was what a good kid he was.  Enough to make me hurl.

Meanwhile, protests resume tomorrow.  I guess this will last all summer.  Thank God I'm retired and no longer work in Pittsburgh. You couldn't pay me to go there now.

@Applewood

Not entirely wrong if you accept as fact that his best and highest contribution to society was as a pop-up target.

I don't have much sympathy for drive-by murderers.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

BREAKING:
East Pittsburgh officer Michael Rosfeld charged with homicide in killing of Antwon Rose

Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 7:57 a.m.

Updated 7 minutes ago

East Pittsburgh officer Michael Rosfeld was arrested Wednesday morning on one count of homicide, court records show.

The charge comes in response to the shooting death of 17-year-old Antwon Rose when he ran from police last week.

The District Attorney's Office will hold a press conference at 11 a.m.  ...

The shooting happened about 8:40 p.m. June 19 when East Pittsburgh police pulled over a vehicle near Grandview Avenue and Howard Street that matched the description of one involved in an earlier shooting in North Braddock shooting.

As police ordered the 20-year-old driver to the ground, Rose and another passenger ran from the car. Rosfeld opened fire, hitting Rose three times.

The driver told police he had been working as a jitney driver and was released after questioning. Police found two guns in his car. Rose, who was unarmed when he was shot but had an empty handgun magazine in one of his pockets, was pronounced dead a short time later at UPMC McKeesport.   ...  Pittsburgh Tribune Review

@Applewood
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 01:02:17 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

As expected.  But he has already been tried and convicted by the media and those idiots who are protesting every day. 

Offline mountaineer

DA details homicide charges against Officer Michael Rosfeld in Antwon Rose killing

Megan Guza | Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 10:57 a.m.
Updated 56 minutes ago

Investigators have enough evidence to try an East Pittsburgh police officer for third-degree murder, but Allegheny County's top prosecutor won't out rule pressing for first-degree murder in the police shooting of Antwon Rose.

"I find that (Officer Michael) Rosfeld's actions were intentional," said District Attorney Stephen A. Zappala Jr. "It certainly brought about the result he was looking to accomplish. He was not acting to prevent death or severe bodily injury."
    "Mr. Rose never did anything in furtherance of any crime," Zappala said.
    — Megan Guza (@meganguzaTrib) June 27, 2018
Zappala said that Rose did not fire a weapon in the North Braddock shooting that preceded the felony traffic stop during which Rose was shot by Rosfeld, which is backed up by surveillance footage that shows the shooter firing out of the rear window while wearing a dark-colored shirt.

Rose was found to be wearing a white T-shirt and was sitting in the front passenger seat. Surveillance footage shows that the front passenger window never came down during the shooting.   ...

"According to witnesses, Rose shows his hands, turns, and runs," Zappala said. "He is not in possession of a weapon."

He said he did not feel pressured to file charges by the multiple nights and days of protesting in the streets.  (BS)

"The people own the criminal justice system," he said. "If they have issues with it, I think they have the right to express that." ...
More at Tribune Review

I'm not sure how the officer was supposed to have known - at the time of the traffic stop - the finer points of what Rose and the shooter were wearing when the shooting took place.

Offline Applewood

This is a political witch hunt.  Of  course, DA Zappala is under pressure to prosecute Roseneld using any half-assed excuse he can think of.  Also, Zappala is a politician from a family of politicians.  It's all about the votes. 

The so-called "activists" are up in arms because the judge released Rosenfeld on bond.  They thought he should have been remanded.  Uh...Rosenfeld has retained a lawyer, showed up on time for the hearing and is not a flight risk.  He is  staying for the fight.  Not going anywhere.    There is no reason to keep him in jail till trial. 

Not that it matters to the loudmouths who are all over the airwaves and protesting in the streets.

Offline Applewood

I don't know if this is related to the Rose shooting, but because the radicals are encouraging terrorist actions against the police, it might be worth noting:

Search on after shots fired at police in Penn Hills

Penn Hills police are looking for a man who was breaking into cars on Hebron Drive early Thursday and shot at a police officer who approached him, according to the Tribune-Review's news partner WPXI.

The suspect shot at least twice at a Penn Hills police officer, according to Penn Hills Police Chief Howard Burton in a statement to the news station.

The officer was not hit and the suspect fled into the woods, according to Burton.

…

More at:

https://triblive.com/local/allegheny/13811483-74/police-activity-and-reported-gunfire-closes-some-penn-hills-roads

Offline mountaineer

I heard they went to the cop's home in Verona  last night and protested. The neighbors must have welcomed this intrusion.

Offline Applewood

I heard they went to the cop's home in Verona  last night and protested. The neighbors must have welcomed this intrusion.

Yes.  and when an official was asked why are these protesters allowed to demonstrate without the requisite permit, block traffic and harass people, the answer was, well, we have to respect their rights to free speech. 

Horse puckies.  They are conducting illegal demonstrations that create potentially dangerous situations for others as well as themselves.  What about the rights of non-participants to go about their daily lives safely and without any hassle? 

I guess rights exist for some "special people" but not for others.

Offline mountaineer

They're all running scared of the radical left, it seems.  **nononono*

Offline Applewood

They're all running scared of the radical left, it seems.  **nononono*

Because they support the radicals. It's all about the votes. 

Offline mountaineer

Pittsburgh's communist #BLM mayor gets involved.
Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto asks county judge to alter Officer Michael Rosfeld's bond
Joe Napsha | Friday, June 29, 2018, 9:09 p.m.
Tribune Review

Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto wants Allegheny County Judge Jeffrey Manning to reconsider bond conditions set for the East Pittsburgh police officer accused of shooting to death an unarmed teen last week.

Peduto wrote the judge Friday in reaction to Michael Rosfeld being released on a $250,000 unsecured bond after he was charged Wednesday with homicide in Antwon Rose's death June 19.

The mayor said he was pleased that Manning ordered Rosfeld on electronic home monitoring, but “I do not think that went far enough,” Peduto wrote.

From Peduto's perspective, “it is unheard of in Pennsylvania for someone charged with murder to be released without paying any money or spending any time in jail.”

Peduto had promised protesters this week he would send the letter, even though the incident did not happen in Pittsburgh.

Peduto claimed that Rosfeld's release sends the wrong message to Pittsburgh residents concerned that Rosfeld was receiving special treatment.  ...
Butt out, nitwit. Try dealing with the crime in your own city.

And in conclusion, I'm an idiot.

Offline Applewood

@mountaineer

One of my liberal friends lives in Pittsburgh.  Even she can't stand Peduto. When he ran for re-election recently (unopposed), my friend wrote in her cat's name.   As she said, her cat would make a better mayor.  LOL

Manning is a tough guy.  I hope he tells Peduto to shove it.

Offline mountaineer

her cat would make a better mayor. 
No doubt.