Author Topic: Sources: East Pittsburgh Officer Accused Of Killing Antwon Rose Sworn In Hours Before Fatal Shooting  (Read 3710 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Video May Show Teen Firing Gun In Drive-By Just Before Cop Shot Him

Police said the shooter fired nine .40-caliber rounds at the victim from a car, and the victim returned fire, striking the shooter’s vehicle multiple times, KDKA reported. ...

@mountaineer

The latest news is there were two guns found in the car,and the bullet thief/choir boy/credit to his race/good student was found to have an empty 9 mm "clip" (magazine) in his pocket. I suspect that "clip" may end up being for a 40 caliber weapon instead of a 9 mm (.357) weapon once the dust settles.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Was there a riot? I follow a riot channel on YouTube and when I tuned in it was a bunch of dudes in handkerchiefs milling around. Fell asleep.

Online mountaineer

Allegheny County Police now saying there is no video of the deceased boy firing the gun in the drive-by shooting that led to cops stopping the vehicle.
... “According to Lieutenant Andrew Schurman of the Allegheny County Police Department's Homicide Unit, both reports are false. While ACPD does have a video showing the North Braddock incident, that video does NOT show Antwon Rose firing a gun. The information about gunshot residue is also false. Crime Lab reports are still pending and have not yet been issued.”   ...
Trib Live

Of course, that doesn't mean he wasn't involved in the drive-by. He certainly was, at least, a passenger in the car containing the shooter. And he was carrying a magazine for a semi-automatic handgun for some reason!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 12:43:18 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

Was there a riot? I follow a riot channel on YouTube and when I tuned in it was a bunch of dudes in handkerchiefs milling around. Fell asleep.

It was a "peaceful protest."  4 people were arrested.   LOL

Actually, yesterday, there were multiple protests, one downtown, one by PNC Park after the Pirates baseball game and one on a bridge near a shopping center in Homestead, PA.  At the protest near PNC Park, there is a report of a car plowing through the protesters.  No injuries and the police are looking for the driver. 

Online mountaineer

Black Extremist Calls For Killing Cops In Pittsburgh, Had Ties To Dallas Sniper
by SandyMalone
8 hrs

A radical black nationalist who goes by "Minister Mauricelm X" posted a call for people of color to kill police.

Washington, DC – The same man who called for the killing of police officers in the wake of the Alton Sterling shooting in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, has now called for the murders of Pittsburgh cops after a 17 year old was killed in an officer-involved shooting on June 19.

"Dispatch To Pittsburgh Is Written In Blood and No Less!” Mauricelm-Lei Millere wrote on his Facebook page on Saturday evening.

“We are on our way to Pittsburgh to apply the laws of an eye for an eye, in self-defense of our younger black brother, who was murdered [hours] earlier! We have no alternative! We must kill the police, that are killing our black children & Families In Self-defense!” he wrote.   ...

He called for killing officers in a vitriolic Facebook post just 36 hours before one of his followers murdered five police officers who were working at a Black Lives Matter march in Dallas on July 7, 2016.

Micah Johnson, the sniper who fatally shot five officers and wounded another nine, was found to have been one of only 170 members of a black nationalist group called the African American Defense League (AADL), The Daily Beast reported.

AADL was founded by Millere and the former head of the New Black Panther Party, Malik Zulu Shabazz. ... BlueLivesMatter

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Black Extremist Calls For Killing Cops In Pittsburgh, Had Ties To Dallas Sniper
by SandyMalone
8 hrs

A radical black nationalist who goes by "Minister Mauricelm X" posted a call for people of color to kill police.

Washington, DC – The same man who called for the killing of police officers in the wake of the Alton Sterling shooting in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, has now called for the murders of Pittsburgh cops after a 17 year old was killed in an officer-involved shooting on June 19.

"Dispatch To Pittsburgh Is Written In Blood and No Less!” Mauricelm-Lei Millere wrote on his Facebook page on Saturday evening.

“We are on our way to Pittsburgh to apply the laws of an eye for an eye, in self-defense of our younger black brother, who was murdered [hours] earlier! We have no alternative! We must kill the police, that are killing our black children & Families In Self-defense!” he wrote.   ...

He called for killing officers in a vitriolic Facebook post just 36 hours before one of his followers murdered five police officers who were working at a Black Lives Matter march in Dallas on July 7, 2016.

Micah Johnson, the sniper who fatally shot five officers and wounded another nine, was found to have been one of only 170 members of a black nationalist group called the African American Defense League (AADL), The Daily Beast reported.

AADL was founded by Millere and the former head of the New Black Panther Party, Malik Zulu Shabazz. ... BlueLivesMatter

But everybody needs to remember,it is the blacks who are the vic-tums,and de white debbils what bees de racists,n shit.

Online goatprairie

But everybody needs to remember,it is the blacks who are the vic-tums,and de white debbils what bees de racists,n shit.
They now have a situation in Minneapolis where this last Saturday the police confronted a black male shooting a gun on a street in north Minneapolis. The police asked him to put the gun down with no results. Then they tazed him. He kept resisting. He wouldn't put the gun down and fired some shots running away. The police then shot and killed him.
Now the protesters and so-called witnesses are out doing their thing claiming he wasn't a danger. Some are claiming he didn't have a gun.  The police are sticking by their story.
I should add from reading the Twin City news every day, north Minneapolis is the scene of most shootings (and killings) in the area.  And not by the police.

Online mountaineer

Now the protesters and so-called witnesses are out doing their thing claiming he wasn't a danger. Some are claiming he didn't have a gun.  The police are sticking by their story.
That's the way these things go. The facts are completely irrelevant to the BLM crowd. The kid in Pittsburgh was unarmed - true - but only because he left the $*%! gun in the car when he jumped out and ran (while the driver was being cuffed). He never put his hands up, he never complied with the officers' orders. But it's still, "Hands up, don't shoot!" from the morons in the streets. Facts don't matter when it's time for "burn, baby, burn."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's the way these things go. The facts are completely irrelevant to the BLM crowd. The kid in Pittsburgh was unarmed - true - but only because he left the $*%! gun in the car when he jumped out and ran (while the driver was being cuffed). He never put his hands up, he never complied with the officers' orders. But it's still, "Hands up, don't shoot!" from the morons in the streets. Facts don't matter when it's time for "burn, baby, burn."

@mountaineer

Sometimes I think the best,and maybe the only,solution to the ghetto problem is to give every male hood rat older than 10 a Uzi,and 100 rounds of ammo,and pull the police out of the area. Resupply with ammo as necessary.

The problem should pretty much be over within 30 days.

Online goatprairie

@mountaineer

Sometimes I think the best,and maybe the only,solution to the ghetto problem is to give every male hood rat older than 10 a Uzi,and 100 rounds of ammo,and pull the police out of the area. Resupply with ammo as necessary.

The problem should pretty much be over within 30 days.
As we, the informed, know 90-95% of these shootings involve young, black males.  When Giuliani installed the stop and frisk laws for blacks and Hispanics in NYC, the homicide rate went way down. Critics of the policy said it was unconstitutional, racist, and that crime was going down anyway.
As we have seen the killings in many cities only increased after the police backed off.
Would it be unconstitutional for the police to stop and frisk all people in certain specified areas with high rates of violence and shootings? The usual suspects would still holler, but I don't think it would be unconstitutional.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As we, the informed, know 90-95% of these shootings involve young, black males.  When Giuliani installed the stop and frisk laws for blacks and Hispanics in NYC, the homicide rate went way down. Critics of the policy said it was unconstitutional, racist, and that crime was going down anyway.
As we have seen the killings in many cities only increased after the police backed off.
Would it be unconstitutional for the police to stop and frisk all people in certain specified areas with high rates of violence and shootings? The usual suspects would still holler, but I don't think it would be unconstitutional.

@goatprairie

Which is why the po-pos need to be pulled from the hoods,and the hood rats armed with full-auto 9mm's,so they can do their OWN policing. There can be no question this would work,and the crime rate would plummet quickly after the first 30 days,

Offline dfwgator

@goatprairie

Which is why the po-pos need to be pulled from the hoods,and the hood rats armed with full-auto 9mm's,so they can do their OWN policing. There can be no question this would work,and the crime rate would plummet quickly after the first 30 days,

The Muzzies would love nothing more than to turn the inner-cities into No-Go Sharia Zones.

Online mountaineer

The Muzzies would love nothing more than to turn the inner-cities into No-Go Sharia Zones.
Like large sections of London and Paris.  **nononono*

Offline RedHead

Can we agree that the police shot an unarmed, fleeing suspect who posed no direct threat to their safety or the safety of bystanders?  If so, then where is the justification for shooting him?

Offline Applewood

Can we agree that the police shot an unarmed, fleeing suspect who posed no direct threat to their safety or the safety of bystanders?  If so, then where is the justification for shooting him?

At this point, the investigation is still ongoing, so I'm not willing to agree definitively to anything about what transpired. 

This is what's wrong with the whole mess.  People are getting their exercise jumping to conclusions, pointing fingers and hurling accusations before all the facts are in.

Offline dfwgator

At this point, the investigation is still ongoing, so I'm not willing to agree definitively to anything about what transpired. 

This is what's wrong with the whole mess.  People are getting their exercise jumping to conclusions, pointing fingers and hurling accusations before all the facts are in.

Offline thackney

Can we agree that the police shot an unarmed, fleeing suspect who posed no direct threat to their safety or the safety of bystanders?

No.

The shooter fired nine .40-caliber founds at the victim from a vehicle. The victim returned fire and struck the vehicle with multiple rounds.

Callers reported that a car was spotted fleeing the scene.

Police spotted what they believed was the same car on Grandview Avenue in East Pittsburgh a short time later. The car had bullet holes in the rear windows.

While an East Pittsburgh police officer was detaining the driver, two passengers ran from the car, including Rose. The officer opened fire and Rose was struck by multiple rounds.

I see that the police had good reason to believe he was a danger to others at that moment.

If so, then where is the justification for shooting him?

Deadly force can be used when force is necessary to prevent an escape and (1) the person to be arrested has committed a forcible felony, or (2) he’s attempting to escape and possesses a deadly weapon, or (3) he will endanger others if not arrested right away.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@dfwgator

You mean they aren't no-go zones already?

BTW,Blacks talk a bunch of that Muslim crap because they think it guarantees them 15 white ho's,but let Abdul come into da hood and start trying to cut out the drug trade and watch him get killed and eaten.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Can we agree that the police shot an unarmed, fleeing suspect who posed no direct threat to their safety or the safety of bystanders?

@RedHead

No,"We" can't agree on that. When a 17 year old homie is already pulling drive-by shootings,he will be a threat to everyone until someone finally pops a cap in HIS ass,or when he is locked away for life without parole after gunning down some innocent children. Or "chil-runs" if you want to be ghetto-kerict.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Applewood

Here is what we KNOW to be a fact.

1: He was running away from a vehicle whose passengers had just committed a drive-by shooting only moments ago.

2: Innocent people rarely run away from the cops.

3: There were two firearms found in the car that had been fired recently.

4: He  had an empty magazine from a 9mm semi-auto handgun in his pocket when his body was searched. Or at least the news identified it as being from a 9 mm magazine. It could have been from a 40 caliber handgun.  9 mm bullets are .357 in diameter,and 40 caliber bullets are .40 in diameter. Not much difference in size,and the typical reporter is doing good to tell the difference between an AK magazine and one from a 22 pistol.

Inspector Clouseau could solve that one.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:39:45 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Applewood

@thackney

It's true that there are specific laws permitting police to use deadly force, but I think the problem here might be that Rose allegedly was shot as he was fleeing. I don't know the law, but I believe shooting a person in the back is forbidden. 

Offline thackney

@thackney

It's true that there are specific laws permitting police to use deadly force, but I think the problem here might be that Rose allegedly was shot as he was fleeing. I don't know the law, but I believe shooting a person in the back is forbidden.

So any murder suspect just has too run and gets an automatic free pass?  We get him next time?

Gee, I wonder how many would start running with that in effect?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mountaineer

@thackney

No, apparently the Supreme Court has ruled that it's permissible under the circumstances thackney described.

Online goatprairie

@thackney

That can't be right. If a police officer is engaging in a shootout with a suspect, and the suspect gets up and starts running, the officer is perfectly within his rights and duty to shoot him...in the back if necessary.

Offline Applewood

Well, I was wrong, as usual. 

https://www.cnn.com/2015/04/10/us/south-carolina-case-police-deadly-force/index.html

Regardless of what the law is, the officer has already been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion, fueled by the media. Meanwhile, the young kid was buried today and if you watched TV here locally, all you heard about was what a good kid he was.  Enough to make me hurl.

Meanwhile, protests resume tomorrow.  I guess this will last all summer.  Thank God I'm retired and no longer work in Pittsburgh. You couldn't pay me to go there now.