Author Topic: Homeland Security Drafts Order to End Family Separations -Trump to Sign  (Read 3547 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen has drafted an executive action for President Donald Trump that would direct her department to keep families together after they are detained crossing the border illegally. She was at the White House where Trump told reporters he would be “signing something” shortly....

https://apnews.com/1dafadd6fee4447cadd4a0179553026e

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:23:16 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's clear "soccer mom" types of Americans are vulnerable to the emotional appeal going on right now.  That so, though many Americans see through the guise, it may not be playing well in Peoria.

Offline raml

I am not happy about this if your illegal and get separated from your children tough you are the one that entered our country illegally why are we so worried about them and not all the children separated from their folks due to them being in the military or those that are in prison for non violent drug charges. Sorry I was a sports mother to my four but I do not feel any sympathy at all for these illegals who are breaking are laws of our country and coming here to steal our taxpayer money. I am ashamed Trump gave into this horse malarky.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
So much for all the blind faith the easily beguiled put into Trump to do what is necessary on the Illegals front.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
This should shut the harpies up.

Oh wait, who am I kidding. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

So much for all the blind faith the easily beguiled put into Trump to do what is necessary on the Illegals front.

Well maybe if the Repukelickins had Trump's back for once.

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: FOX NEWS

URL: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/20/white-house-considering-executive-action-to-prevent-family-separations-at-border.html

By John Roberts, Andrew O'Reilly

President Trump is planning to sign an executive order to allow children to stay with parents caught crossing the border illegally -- a step that could avoid the family separations that have triggered a national outcry and political crisis for Republicans.

The action under consideration would allow children to stay in detention with parents for an extended period of time, Fox News has learned. This comes as congressional Republicans scramble to draft legislation to address the same issue, but face challenges mustering the votes.

Trump previewed the new measure, while holding out hope for legislation, during remarks to reporters during a meeting Wednesday with lawmakers.

"I’ll be signing something in a little while [to keep families together]," he said, calling the move "somewhat preemptive" and stressing it would "be matched by legislation." He also said he's canceling the upcoming congressional picnic, adding: "It didn't feel exactly right to me."

Shorty afterward, he clarified that he will sign an executive order before leaving for Minnesota late Wednesday afternoon.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
SOURCE: FOX NEWS

URL: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/20/white-house-considering-executive-action-to-prevent-family-separations-at-border.html

By John Roberts, Andrew O'Reilly

President Trump is planning to sign an executive order to allow children to stay with parents caught crossing the border illegally -- a step that could avoid the family separations that have triggered a national outcry and political crisis for Republicans.

The action under consideration would allow children to stay in detention with parents for an extended period of time, Fox News has learned. This comes as congressional Republicans scramble to draft legislation to address the same issue, but face challenges mustering the votes.

Trump previewed the new measure, while holding out hope for legislation, during remarks to reporters during a meeting Wednesday with lawmakers.

"I’ll be signing something in a little while [to keep families together]," he said, calling the move "somewhat preemptive" and stressing it would "be matched by legislation." He also said he's canceling the upcoming congressional picnic, adding: "It didn't feel exactly right to me."

Shorty afterward, he clarified that he will sign an executive order before leaving for Minnesota late Wednesday afternoon.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

This is 4 dimensional chess....

Notice that Trump isn't letting the parents out of detention -- his order would permit children to stay with them in detention.  Of course, this violated a 2015 consent order, which means that Trump's order not to separate children from their parents will be struck down by a leftist court and leftist activists.  Making them the villains, and shifting the debate to whether or not it is okay to detain people who came here illegally rather than the separation issue itself.

Nice move.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Well maybe if the Repukelickins had Trump's back for once.

It has been demonstrated that Trump has no ability to negotiate deals for the American people from within his own party, so the pretend attribute everyone insisted he has, was pretty much bullshit from the beginning.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

This should shut the harpies up.

Oh wait, who am I kidding.

They're already giddy at the prospect of painting Trump as 'backing down'.

I have more regard for dog squeeze than I have for them.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he will sign executive order to end family separations
By Jordan Fabian - 06/20/18 11:52 AM EDT

President Trump on Wednesday said he will sign an “executive order” intended to end his administration's controversial practice of separating children from their parents who illegally cross the southern border.

“We want to keep families together. It’s very important. I’ll be signing something in a little while that’s going to do that,” Trump told reporters during a meeting with Republican lawmakers at the White House.

Details about the order remain unknown, but Trump said he would be signing the document before leaving for a Wednesday night campaign rally in Duluth, Minn.

The move would be a major reversal for Trump and comes after the president and his top aides insisted for days that only Congress could halt family separations at the border, despite members of both parties saying Trump could unilaterally change the policy.

Trump said during a speech on Tuesday that congressional action is the “only solution to the border crisis.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/393238-dhs-chief-heads-to-white-house-as-trump-reportedly-weighs-order-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This story is not what it appears.  The real issue is not the separation of children, but the detention of their parents.  That's what the left really wants to stop.  This action by Trump is intended to highlight that.

The Executive Order described in the article would permit children to be kept with their parents while their parents are being detained.  But that's not what the left really wants.
What the article doesn't mention is that detaining children with their parents is against the terms of a Consent Order entered into by the Feds in 2015.   In other words, the proposed Executive Order is unlawful.   I suspect most ordinary people don't know that.  This places the lefties in an awkward position, where they have one of two choices:

1) Allow this Executive Order to stand, thereby uniting parents with their children, but keeping the parents in detention, or;

2) Challenge the Executive Order as violating the Consent Order, thus preventing children from staying with their parents in detention

They don't really want the former, and are outraged about the latter.  It's heads I win, tails you lose by the Administration.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:41:47 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline dfwgator

This story is not what it appears.  The real issue is not the separation of children, but the detention of their parents.

"Greg, Look at My Thumb!"
! No longer available

Offline Mod1

threads merged

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Left isn't going to stop there. They are just going to pivot into amnesty.
The Republic is lost.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The Left isn't going to stop there. They are just going to pivot into amnesty.

The ACLU is already hinting at a lawsuit.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

He caved.

Offline WingNot

He caved.

What can you do.   :shrug:

I know one thing he could do. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He caved.

You expected anything different?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Mod1

Another thread merge. Please check before posting.

Offline dfwgator

You expected anything different?

Once Cruz plunged the knife into Trump's back, it was fait accompli.

Offline WingNot

Once Cruz plunged the knife into Trump's back, it was fait accompli.

A fat what?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/trump-steps-in-the-president-will-sign-executive-order-to-keep-families-together/
“I’ll be signing something in a little while [to keep families together],” he said, calling the move “somewhat preemptive” and stressing it would “be matched by legislation.”

“The separations stem from the administration’s ‘zero tolerance’ immigration policy, which aims to prosecute all illegal border crossers. But because of a 1997 order and related decisions, children cannot be detained for longer than 20 days with the adults,” writes Fox News.

But I thought the democrats caused this???

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Now they will complain that he is jailing children
Countdown to Resignation