Author Topic: Lewandowski on Girl With Down Syndrome Separated From Mother: ‘Womp Womp’  (Read 5254 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lewandowski-on-girl-with-down-syndrome-separated-from-mother-womp-womp

Former Trump campaign chief Corey Lewandowski dismissed the story of a disabled girl separated from her mother as a result of the Trump administration’s family-separation policy at the souther border. “Womp womp,” Lewandowski said on Fox News in response to Democratic strategist Zac Petkanas mentioned that a 10-year-old girl with Down Syndrome was taken from her mother. “How dare you. How absolutely dare you, sir,” Petkanas said in response. Lewandowski justified the policy by saying it was the necessary result of illegal border crossings.

! No longer available

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The dem was hysterical

Way overplaying
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The dem was hysterical

Way overplaying

Well let's find out.  My question is why is this guy not the Chief of Staff?  He echo's Trump's disdain for "sub-humans" perfectly.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:44:03 am by Once-Ler »

Offline driftdiver

Well let's find out.  My question is why is this guy not the Chief of Staff?  He echo's Trump's disdain for "sub-humans" perfectly.
@Once-Ler
Yes you must stay on message to the dem talking points.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Yes you must stay on message to the dem talking points.

It was a particularly dumb thing to say/do on national TV, when you have the legal argument in hand and are fighting the narrative the people in and associated with the admin are insensitive or cruel.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

It was a particularly dumb thing to say/do on national TV, when you have the legal argument in hand and are fighting the narrative the people in and associated with the admin are insensitive or cruel.

Yep we finally have evidence of the corruption in the FBI and DOJ so we must focus elsewhere

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

On the other hand you have Maddow going all Glenn Beck.

I think there is hyperbole all around on this. Of course, Corey was always little more than a troll, which is part of why Trump fired him early on.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

Yep we finally have evidence of the corruption in the FBI and DOJ so we must focus elsewhere.

Then people probably shouldn't cause spectacles to make people look away by self-immolating on TV.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 11:28:09 am by edpc »

Offline driftdiver

Then people probably shouldn't cause spectacles to make people look away by self-immolating on TV.

Yes that dem operative was a real kook.  Even fox had to call him on his lies

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The Virtue Signaling was strong on that one.

I shut up a liberal friend on FB on this narrative by asking for data. She was completely silenced. When I brought up Obama doing it, she was all "We need to quit blaming and finger-pointing". Wrong answer considering she was blaming and finger-pointing at Trump and that was noted by several people. Busted.
They are losing the narrative because people are slowly calming down and starting to think.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline RoosGirl

Man, I pretty much agree wiith the sentiment, but the delivery was (another) unforced error.

Offline edpc

Yes that dem operative was a real kook.  Even fox had to call him on his lies

Even Fox?  Yeah, that's some real Tiananmen Square bravery.

Offline edpc

Man, I pretty much agree wiith the sentiment, but the delivery was (another) unforced error.

That's nothing.  When football season begins and the anthem kneeling issue comes back, Lewandowski plans to counter the opposition by singing 'Swing Low, Sweet Chariot' in blackface.

Offline RoosGirl

That's nothing.  When football season begins and the anthem kneeling issue comes back, Lewandowski plans to counter the opposition by singing 'Swing Low, Sweet Chariot' in blackface.

Awesome. I always say if you're going to offend people at least be entertaining about it.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The dem was hysterical

Way overplaying

He did his job..he did what he was sent out to do and he was good at it.....Lewandowski on the other hand looked like a heartless son of a bitch.....Repubs are not handling this problem well
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
He did his job..he did what he was sent out to do and he was good at it.....Lewandowski on the other hand looked like a heartless son of a bitch.....Repubs are not handling this problem well

Disagree. He got the liberal to melt down. People are becoming wise to the hysteria surrounding this narrative. It's starting to look forced.
If you separate the kids, it is cruel.
If you keep the kids with the parent in jail, it is cruel.
If you set them free and don't give them free government welfare money, it is cruel.
If you send them back home, it is cruel.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:09:37 pm by Restored »
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yeah, that was idiotic.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The dem was hysterical

Way overplaying

At first this story seemed outrageous and I was upset.  I think it was a very unprofessional and cold, ugly thing to say.  What upsets me even more is that the story came from Mexican official.  The girl and her twin brother were separated from the mother the official said.  He also said the father was a legal resident in the US just 60 miles from the border.  Our government said they were still looking into the father.

Our government was doing the right thing.  It is unclear to me why a mother would take a special need child on a dangerous journey when the father is a legal resident.   It seems they should have been able to go through legal channels to get the family together.  I think there is more to the story.

Secondly this resulted in the Mexican official condemning US policy and El Salvador also picked up on it and issued statements of inhumane treatment.  Neither one should talk if their countries are so dangerous that people must leave them. 

In addition based on Mexico's immigration laws they have no room to criticize

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/3/mexicos-illegals-laws-tougher-than-arizonas/

So this is liberal hog wash. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline driftdiver

I just dont buy that the dems  give a crap about the children.  They are willing to walk over the bodies of dead children to further their agenda 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Lewandowski was the wrong guy to ask on this. He is a heartless son of a bitch. Anyone who saw him during the primaries knows this. He was the one who oversaw the Cruz affairs story, the JFK assassination nonsense, etc.

This is a classic appeal to emotion, especially to women. Throw some audio of a few crying babies, show some indoor fencing that vaguely looks "cagey," and presto. It's like those Humane Society commercials with the dogs in the kennels. All that's missing is the Sarah McLachlan.

People are being manipulated. Truth is being distorted.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Meh... idiocy on both sides. "Womp womp" = red meat for the Trump base, "How dare you sir" = manufactured outrage for the libs.

Cable TV news continues to be the longest running, most extensive drama on television. Can't wait for season two.

Offline RoosGirl

I just dont buy that the dems  give a crap about the children.  They are willing to walk over the bodies of dead children to further their agenda

Agreed, and people that think like we do agree also, but you don't win the debate with Corey's responses.

Offline musiclady

Meh... idiocy on both sides. "Womp womp" = red meat for the Trump base, "How dare you sir" = manufactured outrage for the libs.

Cable TV news continues to be the longest running, most extensive drama on television. Can't wait for season two.

The problem is that when the average American hears what is "red meat" for the Trump base, they react in horror and start to believe that Republicans truly are evil and heartless.

It's so stupid to lose the battle for the country just to make a small minority of it happy with nasty rhetoric.  *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The problem is that when the average American hears what is "red meat" for the Trump base, they react in horror and start to believe that Republicans truly are evil and heartless.

It's so stupid to lose the battle for the country just to make a small minority of it happy with nasty rhetoric.  *****rollingeyes*****

:shrug:

I don't average Americans are paying all that much attention, nor are people all that inclined to believe the "HOW DARE YOU SIR" manufactured outrage of the MSM.

I've been barely paying attention to this story and I haven't heard any chatter out amongst the "normies" either about it.

Believing that average Americans care about this is just "bubble thinking" IMO.

Offline skeeter

At first this story seemed outrageous and I was upset.  I think it was a very unprofessional and cold, ugly thing to say.  What upsets me even more is that the story came from Mexican official.  The girl and her twin brother were separated from the mother the official said.  He also said the father was a legal resident in the US just 60 miles from the border.  Our government said they were still looking into the father.

Our government was doing the right thing.  It is unclear to me why a mother would take a special need child on a dangerous journey when the father is a legal resident.   It seems they should have been able to go through legal channels to get the family together.  I think there is more to the story.

Secondly this resulted in the Mexican official condemning US policy and El Salvador also picked up on it and issued statements of inhumane treatment.  Neither one should talk if their countries are so dangerous that people must leave them. 

In addition based on Mexico's immigration laws they have no room to criticize

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/3/mexicos-illegals-laws-tougher-than-arizonas/

So this is liberal hog wash.

Whipping out these antidotes is much like calling opponents Nazis - the left means to stifle the debate and they've been successful for way too long. Further they're insincere and cynical - they don't give a rip about any kid they can't use to advance their agenda.

So the callous response is totally understandable.

There's gotta be some way to respond between bowing one's head in silence and woop woop though.