Author Topic: Ted Cruz introduces legislation to keep immigrant families together after they cross the border  (Read 13855 times)

Offline RoosGirl

'Goy" away

On the other hand, if you're heading for one of your regularly scheduled meltdowns then I say let's get it on!

Offline Frank Cannon

On the other hand, if you're heading for one of your regularly scheduled meltdowns then I say let's get it on!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Cork your malbec.  You are out of line.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

Cork your malbec.  You are out of line.

Not sure I'm the one who needs the cork.

Offline WingNot

Not sure I'm the one who needs the cork.

[That's enough].
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:03:39 pm by Mod1 »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Cruz you're a idiot on this issue right here and right now. I pride myself on giving Trump heck when it is due, well never let it said I don't do the same for Ted.

Bonehead move Cruz and it does not smell any better on you than it would any other politician.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Frank Cannon

Malbec? Christ. Now we have a couple wine snobs going at it.

Offline RoosGirl

You need a

You got a couple loose, can I borrow one?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:03:52 pm by Mod1 »

Offline WingNot

Malbec? Christ. Now we have a couple wine snobs going at it.

We cant afford a bourbon fueled rosacea.   Roos and I like Wine.

Offline Frank Cannon

You misspelled whine.

Offline RoosGirl

I really don't like wine, but I like grape jelly.  Does that count?

Offline WingNot

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Frank Cannon

I really don't like wine, but I like grape jelly.  Does that count?

Jelly? You rube....

! No longer available

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Someone say wine?

I like wine too!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Or, a True Conservative acting responsibly as a legislator, public servant and leader.   

Kudos, Mr. Cruz.

@Jazzhead

Then again,you probably consider the Kennedy Klan to be conservative.

I just witnessed a bunch of teebee talking heads,most black,whining about how unfair this is on ABC. Some were highlighting a 6 year old girl separated from her mother who had "fled the violence in San Salvador to come to America to be safe". Somebody correct me if I'm wrong,but didn't the CHILDREN THAT STARTED MS-13 come to America to escape poverty and violence according to the talking heads at the time?

Also,NONE of those millionaire talking heads have any worries over these new invaders taking THEIR jobs. In fact,they are probably looking forward to  hiring them cheap to provide cheap child care,maid service,and groundskeeping for them.

Anyone else remember Kamala Harris,Hillary's Clinton's bestie in college,and maid of honor at her wedding? Bubba nominated her to head up the alleged Justice Dept because she is allegedly black and female. Then it was discovered she had a illegal alien housekeeper she was keeping as a virtual slave in her DC mansion,and paying her less than minimum wage.

Hey! So a few  hundred thousand blue collar workers lose their jobs and go on welfare. Big deal! That's a cheap price to pay to insure the wealthy left have an adequate supply of cheap slave labor.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I know,  I know,  urging politicians to act responsibly is so rare nowadays it seems indistinguishable from intoxication.   Better to keep picking at the scabs of the base.

@Jazzhead

Acting responsibly would be protecting America and American citizens,NOT turning America into the northernmost outpost of the 3rd world.

Not that you give a squat as you pat yourself on the back and sing a few verses of "Weeze iz da wurld,weeze iz da peep-pills" to remind yourself of what a SWELL guy you really are.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:39:03 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:04:23 pm by Mod1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You have a roll.  Bring it.

@Wingnut

Are you looking to butter her rolls?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

Anyone else remember Kamala Harris,Hillary's Clinton's bestie in college,and maid of honor at her wedding? Bubba nominated her to head up the alleged Justice Dept because she is allegedly black and female. Then it was discovered she had a illegal alien housekeeper she was keeping as a virtual slave in her DC mansion,and paying her less than minimum wage.

That wasn't Kamala Harris. That was Kimba Wood
Countdown to Resignation

Offline jpsb

Someone say wine?

I like wine too!

Franzia SUCKS, try Peter Vella a much better box of wine.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That wasn't Kamala Harris. That was Kimba Wood

@Restored

Thanks for the correction. Kamala/Kimba,I knew it was some sort of <<Nope>> name.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:24:30 pm by Mod5 »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead

Acting responsibly would be protecting America and American citizens,NOT turning America into the northernmost outpost of the 3rd world.

@sneakypete

I give you credit for being more honest than most - you acknowledge that the problem you have with immigration is that the faces are brown.   

America needs immigrants to grow and to keep the economy humming.   (In a story posted on the board this morning, whites in America are dying faster then they're being born.)

Of course I'm advocating increased legal immigration, not the illegal kind.   As for enforcing the law,  let's drill down and understand that the solutions depend on the kind of "illegals" we're talking about.   "Illegals" fall into three broad categories:

1.  Those who come here to work and for the opportunity represented by America;

2.  Those who come here to engage in criminal mischief;  and

3.  Those fleeing desperate situations who are seeking asylum.   

The second category we can all agree upon - throw the bums out, as quickly and expeditiously as possible.   MS-13 cannot be tolerated - and their greatest menace is to our immigrant communities. 

The first category I tend to defend, not because I don't recognize they've broken the law,  but because they have done so for benign reasons, at the behest of employers who value their productivity,  and so many of them have contributed meaningfully to American life.   For these, I support a path to normalcy rather than retribution and "zero tolerance".   I think most Americans agree with me. 

The third category is the one that's at the heart of the current crisis, because the Trump administration wants to treat asylum seekers as criminals,  holding them in custody and (because the law requires it) separating parents from children.    This is a situation the optics of which are catastrophic for the Republican party.   

But cutting to the chase, why do so many "conservatives" refuse to recognize the humanity of folks from South and Central America -  Catholics, not Muslims -  fleeing chaos and oppression and risking everything to get to America?   I'm not suggesting an open door, but the attitude of so many here toward migrants is unremittingly hostile,  as if we cannot afford in this rich and prosperous country to cut at least some of these courageous folks a break.   By the very fact they have risked their lives and fortunes to get to America, they have demonstrated the sort of character that strikes me as good for America - the kind of drive and ambition that spurred our own ancestors (my grandparents, in my case) to leave their shithole countries and start new lives.  Lives that, especially when the first generation becomes the second and third,  produce good, solid American citizens.       
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:04:03 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
"But cutting to the chase, why do so many "conservatives" refuse to recognize the humanity of folks from South and Central America -"

We recognize their humanity. Why don't they recognize our laws? They aren't coming here for safety. They can get that in Mexico. They are coming here for money.
Legal immigration exists and they should take advantage of it.
Countdown to Resignation