Author Topic: The commander who was fired over a lost machine gun and grenades has a new job in the Air Force  (Read 573 times)

rangerrebew

The commander who was fired over a lost machine gun and grenades has a new job in the Air Force
By: Stephen Losey  

Col. Jason Beers, who last month was relieved of command of the 91st Security Forces Group at Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota over the loss of weapons and ammunition, is moving to a new leadership position at Air Force Special Operations Command.

This summer, Beers will become the chief of AFSOC’s installations division, AFSOC spokeswoman Capt. Amanda Farr said in an email Friday.

Beers was fired after the high-profile losses of a case of grenade launcher ammunition and a machine gun earlier this year.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/06/15/the-commander-who-was-fired-over-lost-grenades-and-machine-gun-has-a-new-job-in-the-air-force/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Put him in charge of nukes
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
What the Hell!?!?!?

When I was in the Army, this would have been a career ending action.

Offline RoosGirl

It's only a machine gun and grenades, everyone makes mistakes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Put him in charge of nukes

@driftdiver

They might. After all,a transfer to Special Operations is usually given the "golden boys" with connections and considered to be a move to promote. "Putting check marks" beside your promotion schedule."

You have to wonder who he is blowing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Well to be fair he wasn't the one that actually lost them.    They fell off the back of a truck.

Its shocking that whoever found em didn't just turn em in.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.