Author Topic: Laura Bush: Separating children from their parents at the border ‘breaks my heart’  (Read 19807 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So you really are just a complete open borders liberal.   Thanks for coming out of the closet on that.

Your welcome.  This is the 1,785th time I outed myself. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
nobody is perfect.

And, what does that have to do with presenting a deliberately fallacious argument?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

THEY FIGHT!!! /sarc

I'd submit that the illegals sneaking in would not allowed to legally enter, so why wouldn't they sneak in?
Why?

Because it is ILLEGAL.

You may say the law is wrong, but we Americans mostly believe the law to be correct.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

I wouldn't prevent them from entering for several reasons. 
1 we have plenty of room.
2 we have jobs they can fill.
3 I have sympathy for their plight.
Open up your own house and let them live there.

I choose not to do so.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

And, what does that have to do with presenting a deliberately fallacious argument?
I again am unsure what you're talking about.  I said the law is wrong.  It should be changed.  You say it's not the law.  I disagree.  I did not present a deliberately fallacious argument.

Why?

Because it is ILLEGAL.

You may say the law is wrong, but we Americans mostly believe the law to be correct.

Thanx for explaining that America

Open up your own house and let them live there.

I choose not to do so.

I'm fine with you keeping your home.  They can be your neighbors if that helps

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

That is staggeringly clueless.  Wow. 

You can quit replying to me now.  We're done.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:58:54 pm by Sanguine »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Not any more so than when an American kills an American, or a human kills another human.

I reject the silly notion that being killed by an illegal is somehow more horrendous than being killed in Chicago by an American hood.

Now this the part where you start babbling about how they're ILLEGAL...as if that term somehow changes the immigrant of today from the immigrants of the past.

And this is the part where I say "do something about it if you don't like it", but if your big issue is crime I suggest you stop focusing your efforts on excluding janitors, crop pickers, and other workers from the US because that is the vast majority of illegals

I feel sorry for you and the pathetic nature of that statement.  You clearly feel very small.  I think many Trump fans feel that way about themselves.

Stay on topic please.  + really crappy psychoanalysis.

Hog wash.  They are already here.  Arresting, prosecuting and deporting them will cost more than illegals self identifying for amnesty...See DACA.

There is not much left of your argument so have a nice day @TomSea .

@Once-Ler

Perhaps, next time, your kind toss out the bigot card, it's time for a good look in the mirror. We've got it, foreigners first.

Offline TomSea

Offline aligncare

Why should those who sneak in illegally be given preferences that those who are coming legally don't get?

Seems then that US policy is anybody within walking distance qualifies for citizenship.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Seems then that US policy is anybody within walking distance qualifies for citizenship.

The illegals shouldn't become citizens ... they would automatically fall to the bottom of the swamp.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Nice assumption that people here live in Section 8 housing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Repeat: you are indeed the problem with America.

We citizens will protect our homeland from despicable people like you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I don't think imported workers cost tax payers.

"Imported workers" from Mexico and South America by and large have what family they have here stateside on welfare - a burden on taxpayers - while they send a whole lot of cash back home to relatives.

No.  We have no room for third world refuse that no one wants whom are sneaking in here for freebies or hostile intentions.  A majority have zero to little skill sets and whom have no intentions of assimilating into a distinct American culture, learn our language or BECOME an American. 

First of all, we're BROKE.  We cannot afford to pay for them to be here and to support them, which is why they are coming here.

Second of all, without insisting that an American culture be adopted and adhered to, we are being forced into adopting foreign culture that is anathema to our foundations and a danger to Constitutional liberty.

Well, the cheap labor without bennies aside, no.   Unless they came in the front door with the proper paperwork, they are by law, prohibited from working here in this country.

By all means, there is nothing stopping you from using your own money, wealth, time and property to provide for such people out of your own resources.

Your sympathy becomes tyranny when you expect the rest of us to share your sympathy and demand our tax money and efforts go towards assuaging your feelings to make provisions for foreigners.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

Are you really from Madison? If so, what in the sam hell do you know about the illegal immigration problem in the US? Your town is 78% white.

Offline TomSea

Respectfully, @Once-Ler 's  position seems so extreme, it's like the people wanting to legalize heroin or prostitution and does not appear to be worthy of debate.

Offline Axeslinger

By all means, there is nothing stopping you from using your own money, wealth, time and property to provide for such people out of your own resources.

Your sympathy becomes tyranny when you expect the rest of us to share your sympathy and demand our tax money and efforts go towards assuaging your feelings to make provisions for foreigners.

^^^THIS!!!
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline TomSea

Birthplace of Republican party, Ripon Wisconsin.
https://www.loc.gov/item/90705492/

Madison I thought was thought to be at the forefront of pioneering liberalism in the US, I thought I heard that or somewhere in Wisconsin.

Whatever. There's not much reason to get steamed with such a position, I doubt one can change one's mind.... per free immigration, absolute forgiving of criminal wrongdoing, no borders, no rules.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Respectfully, @Once-Ler 's  position seems so extreme, it's like the people wanting to legalize heroin or prostitution and does not appear to be worthy of debate.

Tom, it's one of those days when the stars and planets align and you and I agree.  :beer:

Offline skeeter

Birthplace of Republican party, Ripon Wisconsin.
https://www.loc.gov/item/90705492/

Madison I thought was thought to be at the forefront of pioneering liberalism in the US, I thought I heard that or somewhere in Wisconsin.

Whatever. There's not much reason to get steamed with such a position, I doubt one can change one's mind.... per free immigration, absolute forgiving of criminal wrongdoing, no borders, no rules.

It goes to credibility. I just wanna know how seriously to take his opinion.

Offline TomSea

Birth of labor movement, Wisconsin;
http://www.projectwisconsin.com/the-birth-of-the-labor-movement/

On the other hand, Governor Scott Walker is one of the best governors in the nation, Evangelical but I don't think initially at least, he understood the immigration issue. We are all wired differently. He's been a public servant too, so I think a busy man, not fully formulated on his views.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
In fact, just 2 days ago in Texas, there was that car crash that killed? 4 or 5 illegal alien types, so someone doesn't even have to search these stories out, I think they were in a car chase from law enforcement, those stories are so common, I didn't read about it in full,  3 weeks ago, that truck was found near that Walmart in San Antonio that had people in it in inhumane conditions. All this compassion does is just help out the most unscrupulous criminals smuggle people, criminals that would smuggle people in trucks often with little air to breathe. To those people, we must appear like the dumbest people on earth and the trafficking industry surely has billions in profits made yearly. That is what is inhumane.

If one wants to solve that problem, one would really have to overhaul the immigration system drastically.  The libertarians, as in libertarian party, were for open borders until terrorism showed up, so now, they want some checks on it.

Opiates and other drugs are coming through our borders and waterways, more costs and more human suffering.

At least, we have some who are trying to effectively tackle this problem.

I am calling this the post of the day.  Why?  Because it is the truth and truth is hard to come by these days.  I saw the story about the chase.  I also have seen stories about semi's filled with illegals boiling to death inside.  Is that humane?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
And here I was thinking I'd dodged the jabberwocky by exercising my IGNORE button, only to have so many others give it Bill Board status by quoting it and feeding it the spotlight.

Pssst. If you just ignore it, eventually it will go away.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

That is staggeringly clueless.  Wow. 

You can quit replying to me now.  We're done.
@Sanguine
I accept your surrender.  Great insult.  Wow.

You are responding to my response to @IsailedawayfromFR so you can quit replying to me first.  You're done.  I'll keep posting.