Author Topic: Flake Confirms He’s Stalling Trump’s Judicial Nominees Over Tariffs  (Read 907 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Flake Confirms He’s Stalling Trump’s Judicial Nominees Over Tariffs
Roll Call, Jun 25, 2018

Sen. Jeff Flake has gone public with his threat to stall judicial nominations seeking action to rebuff President Donald Trump on tariffs.

It comes more than a week after the Arizona Republican first held up the nomination of Britt Grant to be a judge on the Atlanta-based 11th Circuit Court of Appeals at the Judiciary Committee.

“We’ve approved a number of judges. That is important,” Flake said Sunday. “But, Article I — the Congress, Article II — the executive, are important as well.”

“I do think that unless we can actually do something other than just approving the president’s executive calendar, his nominees, judges, that we have no reason to be there,” Flake said. “So, I think myself and a number of senators, at least a few of us will stand up and say let’s not move any more judges until we get a vote for example on tariffs.”

Flake was asked about his procedural maneuvering  during an interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC, during which he was more direct than he was with reporters last week. The senator had been particularly vague about the nature of his objections.

Likewise, his Senate office opted not to respond to media queries about Flake’s actions at the Judiciary Committee.

More:  https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/flake-confirms-hes-stalling-trumps-judicial-nominees-trade

Offline Fantom

It is said that Arizona is going blue this cycle... I say...what would be the difference?.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

It is said that Arizona is going blue this cycle... I say...what would be the difference?.

The new senators would OPENLY be democrats.  That's a big deal.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Somebody needs to tell Flake he's the last guy worthy to offer criticism of Trump. This guy's ego is the equivalent of Hitler and lebensraum. The only bigger fop is McCain, ironically they are both from AZ.
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I know Flake is on the way out but it still shows how even Republicans can not be unified, to stop Obamacare (effectively gutted) or build the wall. Yeah, thanks for those hard cases too good to vote GOP.  :silly:

Online rustynail

Boy thinks a lot of himself.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Boy thinks a lot of himself.

When you blow the foam off a glass of goat piss you still have a glass of flake to drink.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fantom

The new senators would OPENLY be democrats.  That's a big deal.

Not to me.

To quote Patton....

“I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me.”

― George S. Patton Jr.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Not to me.

To quote Patton....

“I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me.”

― George S. Patton Jr.

@Fantom

I fully agree with you.  My only point was that they would openly be enemy instead of enemy posing as friends.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

@Fantom

I fully agree with you.  My only point was that they would openly be enemy instead of enemy posing as friends.

I know, never doubted our alignment. We are like peas in a pod.

I get you, sometimes the fake R's vote with us. Seldom on the big stuff though. Having said that...Gorsuch.... so there is that.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. This dipshit is such a pitiful loser he has to call the press to let them know what he is doing because otherwise no one would notice or care.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Jeff "Wilkinson" Flake:  Throwing Judges out of filthy restaurants.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Jeff "Wilkinson" Flake:  Throwing Judges out of filthy restaurants.

You are late to the Party.  Did you have to work today Brother?

:laugh:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You are late to the Party.  Did you have to work today Brother?

:laugh:

Busy day in the lab.  Gotta earn that tax money so we can pay Flake his sinecure. 9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: