Author Topic: White House faces growing outcry over migrant family policies  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: White House faces growing outcry over migrant family policies
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2018, 04:25:52 pm »
The border patriot mantra for so many years has been "enforce the law."  Now that the law is being enforced with zero tolerance the mantra is "change the law."

This is what you wanted.  Enjoy it.

I think you missed the point.

Trump is enforcing the law so that he has leverage on the Democrats to make an overall deal on immigration that he likes.  He's not going to give anything away without getting what he wants in return.

That's exactly what he should be doing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2018, 04:27:26 pm »

Trump is enforcing the law so that he has leverage on the Democrats to make an overall deal on immigration that he likes.  He's not going to give anything away without getting what he wants in return.

You see, that's what I thought.  I only get confused when the Establishment Games start to be played.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2018, 04:27:27 pm »
Once-ler is Undocumented?  A dreamer.  Or just a BHL

He/she's whatever the story calls for.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2018, 04:29:09 pm »
He/she's whatever the story calls for.

Oh a flip-flopping contrarian. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2018, 04:35:29 pm »
Oh a flip-flopping contrarian.

Paraphrasing the old saw, to @Once-Ler every problem looks like a hammer to beat Trump with.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2018, 04:37:50 pm »

As long as he gets a winning deal like in North Korea all will be well.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2018, 04:40:14 pm »
As long as he gets a winning deal like in North Korea all will be well.

Try to stay on topic.   Please.   

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2018, 04:42:38 pm »
Paraphrasing the old saw, to @Once-Ler every problem looks like a hammer to beat Trump with.
@skeeter
I am heartened that you see a problem too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2018, 04:45:07 pm »
@skeeter
I am heartened that you see a problem too.

There certainly is a problem here. I suspect we differ on the solution though.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2018, 04:46:08 pm »
There certainly is a problem here. I suspect we differ on the solution though.

The solution is to impeach Trump out of office.

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2018, 05:02:38 pm »
Try to stay on topic.   Please.
I was trying to make the point that Trump is too stupid to negotiate a solution.  Trump can try to point the finger at rats but nobody will buy it except Trump fans.  When Trump says "gimmie the money for a wall or the kid gets it" it only plays to his base.  Others find it sickening.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2018, 05:07:58 pm »
I was trying to make the point that Trump is too stupid to negotiate a solution.  Trump can try to point the finger at rats but nobody will buy it except Trump fans.  When Trump says "gimmie the money for a wall or the kid gets it" it only plays to his base.  Others find it sickening.

Democrats don't find it sickening.  They see themselves in the catbird seat on this issue, that's why they have been amping up their rhetoric on it.  Don't you think it's deelightful Flake and Collins agree with the Rats on this?

What's sickening to me is watching the Pubbie Establishment wading in on the side of the Rats because it's an opportunity to sabotage the hated Trump.

I'm sounding like a broken record when I say, "I don't care much for Trump, personally, but I find the actions of his Party even more revolting."  This is one of those times.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2018, 05:57:41 pm »
I'm sounding like a broken record when I say, "I don't care much for Trump, personally, but I find the actions of his Party even more revolting."  This is one of those times.

Fair enough.  However, one thing we’ve been hearing for most of my adult lifetime is ‘just enforce the laws on the books.’  Trump campaigned on being the ‘law and order president.’  Now that he’s enforcing the law, it suddenly becomes ‘Democrat law,’ when there’s pushback.  If the NICS background checks were properly enforced and we started heading off unbalanced people with mass shooting intentions, would he crow about enforcing that Democrat Brady Bill?  Somehow, I doubt it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2018, 06:07:51 pm »

Fair enough.  However, one thing we’ve been hearing for most of my adult lifetime is ‘just enforce the laws on the books.’  Trump campaigned on being the ‘law and order president.’  Now that he’s enforcing the law, it suddenly becomes ‘Democrat law,’ when there’s pushback.  If the NICS background checks were properly enforced and we started heading off unbalanced people with mass shooting intentions, would he crow about enforcing that Democrat Brady Bill?  Somehow, I doubt it.

Maybe that’s cause it’s the Democrats pushing back. Duh.

Personally I’m fine with trump enforcing this democrat law.

Offline edpc

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2018, 06:20:44 pm »
Maybe that’s cause it’s the Democrats pushing back. Duh.

Personally I’m fine with trump enforcing this democrat law.

Perhaps you missed he part where CL mentioned the actions of the president’s own party?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2018, 06:30:19 pm »
Only in the drug-addled minds of the MSM.

The silent majority are just fine with it.

@dfwgator  I think the majority are fine with it, also.  More than fine.  Most people want strong immigration policies and, hello, they have to be enforced.

Unfortunately, this has been a well-orchestrated and way too successful issue that is perfect for bleeding hearts everywhere.  Somehow an innocent girl killed by an illegal just doesn't do it for them, but oh, the children.

Nothing is happening to the children, except they get to spend time in a far nicer place than they have ever been, are fed well and treated well.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2018, 06:33:03 pm »
Democrats don't find it sickening.  They see themselves in the catbird seat on this issue, that's why they have been amping up their rhetoric on it.  Don't you think it's deelightful Flake and Collins agree with the Rats on this?

What's sickening to me is watching the Pubbie Establishment wading in on the side of the Rats because it's an opportunity to sabotage the hated Trump.

@Cyber Liberty   I used to do that broken record thing myself, but I've stopped.  I no longer care whether or not I'm perceived as a Trump worshipper by some here.  I no longer feel I have to justify myself when I support Trump because he is mostly doing well by the country.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2018, 06:52:55 pm »

I think he's kind of forced to point out it's law originally written and passed by Democrats because they're the ones screeching the loudest (even louder than the Republicans who are only seeking a way to damage somebody they wish wasn't in the Party). 

The Dems are being hypocrites, and I'm not sure there's a better way of pointing that out.  I suppose he could let the Dems off the hook for their hypocrisy by ignoring it and taking all the heat himself.  I think that was the Bush way of doing things. 

Personally, I think that's a failed strategy, and I'm happy Trump is willing to pin the blame where it belongs.  It's a refreshing change from the old way of doing things.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2018, 06:55:02 pm »
I no longer care whether or not I'm perceived as a Trump worshipper by some here.  I no longer feel I have to justify myself when I support Trump because he is mostly doing well by the country.

! No longer available

You go ahead and make that stand, Cameron!

Offline corbe

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2018, 08:03:53 pm »
    I must be caught in an @Emjay warp, sure she made more sense when she was a NT'er but she still resides on the side of sanity, for a Hawaiian chick with Texas roots.  IMHO
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2018, 08:06:51 pm »
What is unchristian is leaving the border unsecured, it's been obvious for quite awhile,  organized crime, coyotes in the sense of smugglers, benefit from this.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2018, 08:07:45 pm »
    I must be caught in an @Emjay warp, sure she made more sense when she was a NT'er but she still resides on the side of sanity, for a Hawaiian chick with Texas roots.  IMHO

Well, you know, Cruz said he supported and campaigned for Trump in 2016 and would support him in 2020. So, I guess, if one agrees with Cruz, one goes along with that.

@corbe
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 08:17:45 pm by TomSea »

Offline WingNot

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2018, 08:13:33 pm »
    I must be caught in an @Emjay warp,

It's just a jump to the left.  And then a step to the right.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2018, 08:21:57 pm »
Democrats don't find it sickening.  They see themselves in the catbird seat on this issue, that's why they have been amping up their rhetoric on it. ...

They're in the middle of overplaying their hand ... as always.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2018, 08:30:33 pm »

You clearly think of yourself as brilliant beyond mere mortals, so why not lead the way.  Tell us what a negotiated policy for these kids would look like with you at the head of the table.