Author Topic: Missing 3-year-old girl found in Missouri cornfield with dog by her side  (Read 712 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

A 3-year-old girl was found safe on Friday after spending the night in a rural Missouri cornfield with her faithful Yorkshire terrier by her side.

Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. Clark Parrott told the Associated Press a search began that included an airplane, but the girl was not found overnight.

Volunteers joined police to search a cornfield Friday morning and eventually came across the girl after 8 a.m., when search dogs began barking — and a tiny dog voice started yapping in response...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/17/missing-3-year-old-girl-found-in-missouri-cornfield-with-dog-by-her-side.html

Awwww...

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

They came over from Iowa to search.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

Dogs are the best.

Offline Suppressed

Well done, good and faithful servant . . .
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Dogs are the best.

QFT

Brave little Yorkie.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 04:11:32 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
QFT.

Brave little Yorkie.

"Fat Heath"? 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
"Fat Heath"?

What a name for the pup!

"She said she wasn’t scared because Fat Heath was there. If he wasn’t I think she would’ve been terrified."

Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
There's a good chance, that without the dog, she wouldn't have been found.  If you've ever been in one of those cornfields, you know you can get lost and not see anything but corn ten feet into the field.  And, a little bitty thing like a three-year old?  If she did not make noise, they would have had to stumble on her to find her.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
There's a good chance, that without the dog, she wouldn't have been found.  If you've ever been in one of those cornfields, you know you can get lost and not see anything but corn ten feet into the field.  And, a little bitty thing like a three-year old?  If she did not make noise, they would have had to stumble on her to find her.

They can make you feel very claustrophobic.  The newer techniques with drilling make it even worse because the corn plants are so close together
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.