Author Topic: More Stars on the Flag? California Split Vote Has Implications for Entire Country  (Read 998 times)

rangerrebew

More Stars on the Flag? California Split Vote Has Implications for Entire Country

Evie Fordham / June 15, 2018 / 13 Comments

Californians will vote this fall about dividing the state into three new states.

The plan, called Cal 3, has implications for the entire country. It would bump the U.S. Senate up to 104 members as well as throw off the balance of the Electoral College. California currently has 55 electoral votes, but if voters OK the plan, the three new states would share 59 Electoral College votes.

The plan is the brainchild of venture capital investor Tim Draper, who has gathered more than 400,000 valid signatures for his Cal 3 proposition, according to the Los Angeles Times.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/06/15/more-stars-on-the-flag-california-split-vote-has-implications-for-entire-country/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CapitolBell&

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

How is it remotely possible for California unilaterally split into three states without the other states say-so?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

How is it remotely possible for California unilaterally split into three states without the other states say-so?

Oklahoma should consider splitting into three states, too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Simple:  They can't.  They can pass this all they want, and the US Congress gets final approval.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
skeeter wrote:
"Oklahoma should consider splitting into three states, too."

How about Texas splitting into 5 or 6?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Simple:  They can't.  They can pass this all they want, and the US Congress gets final approval.

OK. We supposedly have the top hand in both Houses right now. Get it approved.

With All the crooked Dem crap attending the last election, and they couldn't pull that one off, this can only make it that much More difficult for them to steal any More Elections.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline endicom

You know, this could mean four more Dem senators within a decade.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
OK. We supposedly have the top hand in both Houses right now. Get it approved.

No.

I don't want four more Senators from CA.  Just no.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
If Cali splits into 3  the flag will remain the same with 50 stars.  In the bottom corner, one star with have 2 very small moons.  Much like the moons orbiting Uranus.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Oceander

If Cali splits into 3  the flag will remain the same with 50 stars.  In the bottom corner, one star with have 2 very small moons.  Much like the moons orbiting Uranus.

In which case we could call them hemorrhoids instead of states.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I already call CA that... :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

A coloproctologist would approve.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
No.

I don't want four more Senators from CA.  Just no.

I understand. But having lived there I see it as creating 4 more Pubbie Senators to counter the 2 Rats we always get stuck with.

But more importantly, it would OBLITERATE California's block of 55 electoral votes always winding up in the Rat's bag.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I understand. But having lived there I see it as creating 4 more Pubbie Senators to counter the 2 Rats we always get stuck with.

But more importantly, it would OBLITERATE California's block of 55 electoral votes always winding up in the Rat's bag.

I see your point.  The representatives would not change for the regular votes in the House, but it would certainly have an effect on the Electoral College.  I remain somewhat unconvinced on the Senators,, though I don't live there.  The proposed map being voted on puts San Francisco and LA in different states, right?  The urban centers would then carry the day in two of the three states, and that would make new mix 2 GOP to 4 Rat, compared to the present 2 Rats. 

Net gain, 2 Senate seats for the Rats, a better balance for GOP in the Presidential Electoral college, and no change in the House of Representatives.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 02:43:18 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@Wingnut
That seems fair, after all we have two Moonbats at the helm of the state now with a plethora of ASSteroids in sub orbit around them! And I won't talk about Uranus if you don't talk about mine! :nono: