Author Topic: Report: Netflix Bans Employees from Looking at Each Other for More Than Five Seconds  (Read 931 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Report: Netflix Bans Employees from Looking at Each Other for More Than Five Seconds
National Review, Jun 14, 2018, Katherine Timpf

Netflix has reportedly banned workers from looking at each other for more than five seconds as part of its new anti-harassment rules.

The new policy also bans the company’s film crews from asking their colleagues for their phone numbers, according to an article in the Sun.

“Senior staff went to a harassment meeting to learn what is and isn’t appropriate,” an on-set runner told the Sun. “Looking at anyone longer than five seconds is considered creepy.”

“You mustn’t ask for someone’s number unless they have given permission for it to be distributed,” the source continued. “And if you see any unwanted behaviour, report it immediately.”

Other new rules include: “Don’t give lingering hugs or touch anyone for a lengthy period of time,” “Don’t ask out a colleague more than once if they have said no,” “Steer clear of a colleague once they have said they are not interested in you,” and “Don’t flirt.” The rules also encourage employees to “Shout ‘Stop, don’t do that again!’ if a colleague has been inappropriate.”

The on-set runner told the Sun that employees are already poking fun at the new rules: “It has sparked jokes, with people looking at each other, counting to five, then diverting their eyes.”

Netflix hasn’t confirmed or denied the new rules, but did release a statement to the Independent, saying: “We’re proud of the anti-harassment training we offer to our productions. We want every Netflix production to be a safe and respectful working environment. We believe the resources we offer empower people on our sets to speak up, and shouldn’t be trivialized.”

Read more:  https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/netflix-five-second-staring-rule/

Online corbe

You just got terminated!

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

And if you turn down a date offer from somebody of the same sex, you will be terminated for being a homophobe.

Offline goodwithagun

Are they counting by Mississippies or one thousands?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Wray is considering this for the training program.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just wait until the ugly ones start complaining to HR that someone is deliberately avoiding looking at them and they are offended.

Offline mountaineer

I hereby vow not to watch Netflix for more than five seconds. I'm feeling more virtuous already!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

So it'll be an office full of autistics and engineers.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So it'll be an office full of autistics and engineers.
In some cases that would be the same thing, it certainly was with my brother in law.

Oceander

Offline Frank Cannon

Liberals being Liberals and this is news? I have no problem with this. Let them choke on their own bullshit.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Liberals don't know this yet because Liberals cannot comprehend the concept of unintended consequences, but what they have done is to set up an environment of total chaos. If you want to get promoted, just say your boss 'hit' on you. You don't like a coworker, same thing. Basically they have given every employee the power to fire every other employee in the company. That is fission chaos.

In a month they will only have two employees who are married to each other working there. I don't have NetFlix so I don't care.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The Netflix managers, are the same type of rich progressives,that run Google and Uber.

They believ their business-financial success proves they are equipped to orchestrate behavior. Their numbers include high IQs, little common sense and less overall management results.

Throughout human history the function was handled by the women themselves, their fathers, bothers and other women.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline darroll

The ugly ones will carry stop watches.