Author Topic: Trump, in Fox News interview, says of Kim Jong Un: 'We understand each other'  (Read 12519 times)

Offline Fantom

@txradioguy

How many of our children are you willing to sacrifice?

If the war ends and NK opens up to trade and social transfer the human rights abuses will stop.  They'll have to.

Already today SK is doing cultural exchanges, essentially concerts in NK.  First time in a long time those have happened.

It is actually looking like the Wall coming down... on a lessor scale, but amazing still.

That is the vibe I am getting.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Already today SK is doing cultural exchanges, essentially concerts in NK.  First time in a long time those have happened.

No it's not actually anything new.

Those things have been going on for a couple decades. It's nothing new.

There are joint projects with north and south inside the DMZ and into the North that have been going on for decades as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Fantom

That you think it's false is delusional.

That you have not answered my question, says you know better than you are posting.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Coming from you that tells me I'm right in my assertion.

I'll leave you to your self-delusion.

Good day.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It is actually looking like the Wall coming down... on a lessor scale, but amazing still.

That is the vibe I am getting.

Wall coming down?  Seriously?

Kim hasn't done one damn thing towards denuclearization improving human rights or anything that smells like compromise and you're ready to compare it to Berlin in 1991?

Get back to me when he's destroyed a couple or 20 missiles..then I'll consider seriously your pie in the sky premise.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That you have not answered my question, says you know better than you are posting.

What's the point in taking someone serious who wants to compare a photo op to what happened in Berlin in 1991?

You're delusional.

Offline Fantom

Wall coming down?  Seriously?

Kim hasn't done one damn thing towards denuclearization improving human rights or anything that smells like compromise and you're ready to compare it to Berlin in 1991?

Get back to me when he's destroyed a couple or 20 missiles..then I'll consider seriously your pie in the sky premise.

Once again, I pose you my question.

Would you rather go back to when Kim was testing nukes, flying East Coast range missiles, threatening nuclear war.... and Our People in Hawaii actually so afraid, they did the "Duck and Cover".

Or would you rather be where we are today.  You can Thank Trump for that.

And yes, I do hope for a smaller scale repeat of the Wall coming down.  Seriously, that hope is better than stomping a flower before it can bloom....because what......TRRRUUUMMMMPPPPP

Get a grip.

Just sayin.

Frederick Douglass

Online DCPatriot

My theory du jour:

After watching a new episode of Ancient Aliens, it was divulged that we have rods orbiting the earth that are designed to destroy deep bunkers.

...and North Korean mountains.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
No it's not actually anything new.

Those things have been going on for a couple decades. It's nothing new.

There are joint projects with north and south inside the DMZ and into the North that have been going on for decades as well.

@txradioguy

Uh no.  They have a factory in the north.   It's only the 3rd time they've had concerts.

None of which answers how many American kids are you willing to sacrafice?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

My theory du jour:

After watching a new episode of Ancient Aliens, it was divulged that we have rods orbiting the earth that are designed to destroy deep bunkers.

...and North Korean mountains.   :whistle:

Many of the NK installations are deep in mountains.  Not all will be vulnerable

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon Fine, care about it.  Care deeply

What are you going to do about it?   Arrest him?   He rarely leaves the country nevermind that its probably not him in full control of the camps or even the govt.   His sister is even worse than he's supposed to be.  Then there is his aunt who will kill for the slightest reason, a truly evil woman.  She's the one the father and grandfather were afraid of.

So it comes down to, how do you bring down a regime full of crazy evil people who just happen to have nukes and the worst chemical and biological weapons known to mankind?   How do you do that and not start a war.

You going to condemn him and tell him you're gonna prosecute him for crimes against humanity?   Yeah, then he'll push the button to take as many of us out with him.  Or do you send our military over right next to China and try to hit all those weapons before he responds and kills tens of millions.  How many of our sons and daughters are you willing to condemn to death just so you can feel righteous about making him pay for the crimes his country has committed?

Good grief.

@driftdiver

After all of that you're missing the point completely.  You're demanding I come up with a plan to neutralize NK when my issue is the president's mouth.  All I want is for him to avoid making cretinous freaking remarks. 

Offline corbe

Gee you NT'ers are all the same
   You might as well fess up @txradioguy as to how many kids you're willing to sacrifice, @Invar just admitted yesterday he's willing to give up 2 NUKED medium sized American Cities to prove Trump's approach WRONG!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

Actually my life doesn't revolve around whether or not someone replies to any certain comment on here.

The fact that..as you claim no one has commented on it... except you...pretty much tells me it's on the mark and that no further comment from anyone was necessary.

You and the ones using the moral equivalency card certainly didn't want to say anything more than what you had up to that point for fear of further illustrating the point I was getting at.

But since you decided to come out from behind DD's skirt to  :tongue2: my direction about my comment I guess it must have hit kinda close to home.

Not go back to pulling wings off of flies.

@txradioguy

You see what they're doing, right?  They know Trump's remark was incredibly stupid.  They're demanding we come up with a foreign policy plan to try and put us on the defensive, lol.

Online DCPatriot

Many of the NK installations are deep in mountains.  Not all will be vulnerable

Don't want to derail the thread....especially when we've got a live one on the ropes.    ^-^

Just figured that the government is always a decade or two ahead of public consumption or need-to-know.

I don't believe it was a NORK accident that caused the death and destruction/collapse.

It could also explain the size of President Trump's cajones, too...in the manner in which he's dealing with him.

Loved @Maj. Bill Martin 's quote of General Mattis today on another thread.

'I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f##k with me, I'll kill you all.'

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

You see what they're doing, right?  They know Trump's remark was incredibly stupid.  They're demanding we come up with a foreign policy plan to try and put us on the defensive, lol.

@CatherineofAragon I have a plan that is or oven to work.

Peace through strength.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

I read this at lunchtime today.
I'd say I was shocked, but it seems par for the course anymore.
"Newsflash: Trump says weird things".
Not so much news, nowadays.

Yet this:

"My People?"

C'mon, man!

@GrouchoTex

It's indefensible.  Look around the thread at the agitation.  Everybody knows it.

Offline driftdiver

Just a short time ago you all were saying NK couldn't build nukes.  Then you said he couldn't build a rocket.  Then you said he couldnt build a icbm.

They've done all that and you all are still suggesting appeasement works.

Silver Pines

I missed this comment...

that has to be a joke, right?  There is no way...

...oh never mind...

@AbaraXas

Well, I mean, families forced to beat their own members, pregnant women forced to carry rocks until they miscarry....all pretty attention-getting, I guess.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
   You might as well fess up @txradioguy as to how many kids you're willing to sacrifice, @INVAR just admitted yesterday he's willing to give up 2 NUKED medium sized American Cities to prove Trump's approach WRONG!

What I want is the same approach that caused people to rise up against the brutal dictators of Eastern Europe in the it's and early 90's.

The kind of change that left Ceausescu twisting at the end of a rope.

Silver Pines

I thought I was god damn clear. Let me boil this down some more for you. We are down to two moves with Kim. War or peace. All this other ancillary shit about how people are treated in his country is meaningless. He has/had nuclear capabilities. I don't want him to use them on the civilized world. If that takes the President giving this guy a french kiss, I don't care. I also don't care about his own people because as I brought up earlier, he has/had nuclear capabilities that trump all this Amnesty International bullshit. Let the Japan, China and South Korea work on that. They have a dog in this fight too. The US should only focus on solving the nuclear problem and we can all hope for the best with the internment camps, but not focus on it.

@Frank Cannon

Nah, it was mixed-up as hell, because you didn't get it and you still don't.

I have a problem with Trump's remark.  Period.  You know damn well it was out of line, too, which is why you're having a fit.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Just a short time ago you all were saying NK couldn't build nukes.  Then you said he couldn't build a rocket.  Then you said he couldnt build a icbm.

They've done all that and you all are still suggesting appeasement works.

There you go again putting words into our mouths that we never said to justify your defense of Trump playing footsie with a brutal dictator.

Online DCPatriot

You might as well fess up @txradioguy as to how many kids you're willing to sacrifice, @INVAR just admitted yesterday he's willing to give up 2 NUKED medium sized American Cities to prove Trump's approach WRONG!

! No longer available

The Bird, The Cow and the Cat.

Offline driftdiver

What I want is the same approach that caused people to rise up against the brutal dictators of Eastern Europe in the it's and early 90's.

The kind of change that left Ceausescu twisting at the end of a rope.

Wow.  You lose that's a Godwin reference

Silver Pines

Donald Trump doesn’t just say weird things, he says weird things differently. He speaks a sorta short hand in a regional speech pattern. That’s been apparent since he first entered the race when he announced Mexicans were rapists and drug dealers – or so the media said he said.

He’s just not a liberal arts kind of guy, that’s all. He went straight to business college. I doubt he cared much about elocution. Ever hear how the financial guys on Wall Street talk? They could make construction workers blush. On top of that, factor in the media putting their own negative spin into every headline and around every Trump quote. Most folks read “my people” without hearing horns dramatically punctuate them: dunt-dunt-daaah!

Remember Trump’s a blunt instrument, try listening to him without parsing everything. You might gain a new perspective of the man.

@aligncare

Oh, just stop it with the Trumpsplaining voodoo.  It has nothing to do with any of that and you know it.  Seriously, stop embarrassing yourself.

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver

After all of that you're missing the point completely.  You're demanding I come up with a plan to neutralize NK when my issue is the president's mouth.  All I want is for him to avoid making cretinous freaking remarks.

@CatherineofAragon

And I could give a crap what he says.  It's what he does that's important.  Hes what we have to work with.