Author Topic: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD  (Read 34640 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD
« Reply #325 on: June 12, 2018, 08:04:40 pm »
Like any of us did so during Obama's reign.

I've always referenced the guy in the Oval Orifice by their last name, with the exception of LBJ who only deserves 3 letters of my time, Clinton who I also referenced as Slick, or Obama whom I also referenced as His Heinous.  Carter was Carter, Bush was Bush, Reagan was Reagan.

It's ridiculous if you think we're gonna start playing protocols to your satisfaction simply because your idol is the prez.

I didn't write the damn protocols.   I'm simply quoting them.  The critical protocol is:  the first time the man is referred to, he is addressed as "President" Invar.  (Good God forbid)

My God man, if you won't go outside and mingle with real, live people ... at least open a window for some fresh air.  You're starting to sound a little disconnected from the world......   I'll keep you in my prayers.   

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:24:00 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #326 on: June 12, 2018, 08:05:44 pm »
My point was that @Lando Lincoln chooses his words carefully.

It's deliberate.

So if we go back through your posting history and find you referring to the President as simply "Trump"...is that a deliberate slight to the man as well?

Or is this just your inelegant way of trolling @Lando Lincoln and not giving him credit for making a positive post about the President?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:07:23 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #327 on: June 12, 2018, 08:05:47 pm »

It's deliberate.

No it's not...

I suggest all of you complaining that *President* is not in front of Trump go and clean up your own house...I just looked at several members here past posting after Trump was elected using just Trump...

So you all do it!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #328 on: June 12, 2018, 08:07:10 pm »
"President" Invar.  (Good God forbid)

At least we know the campaign posters would be good.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2018, 08:07:31 pm »

There’s an expression about wishing in one hand that fits your dilemma.

Yeah!  I'm aware of that expression and all your nattering is accomplishing much the same thing while pissing off nearly everyone else here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2018, 08:08:04 pm »
No it's not...

I suggest all of you complaining that *President* is not in front of Trump go and clean up your own house...I just looked at several members here past posting after Trump was elected using just Trump...

So you all do it!

Can we talk about Melanias fashions now.  We need more pictures of pretty women and cleavage.  There was a good cleavage pic from the G7.   that spruced up the place
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #331 on: June 12, 2018, 08:13:09 pm »
No it's not...

So you all do it!

The hell it isn't.

And the use of 'TRUMP' by itself, is normally one of disdain.   See: Obama.

Furthermore....this isn't about the use of 'Trump' by itself.   Everybody is 'guilty' of typing that simply out of efficiency.

Typing "Mr. Trump"....twice...never referring to his title is a tell. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #332 on: June 12, 2018, 08:15:42 pm »
Everybody is 'guilty' of typing that simply out of efficiency.

That's exactly what it is..nothing more nothing less..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #333 on: June 12, 2018, 08:15:59 pm »
It is Uncle Donny and he prefers the toilet seat down.

Funny...he told me it's "Donnie", and that only Carolin Gallego is allowed to call him Donny.   
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #334 on: June 12, 2018, 08:17:13 pm »
Yeah!  I'm aware of that expression and all your nattering is accomplishing much the same thing while pissing off nearly everyone else here.

I hope there’s enough room for all of you.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #335 on: June 12, 2018, 08:17:30 pm »

The hell it isn't.

Furthermore....this isn't about the use of 'Trump' by itself.   Everybody is 'guilty' of typing that simply out of efficiency.

So you're clairvoyant now? 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #336 on: June 12, 2018, 08:18:17 pm »
That's exactly what it is..nothing more nothing less..

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #337 on: June 12, 2018, 08:18:48 pm »
The argument over whether "Trump" is sufficiently respectful is just someone looking for a fight.

My pet peeve is when people use their own cute nicknames for people because they think it is clever/funny, like "Obummer" or "McStain", etc..  Just call the dude (or dudette) by their name.  Honorific optional.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #338 on: June 12, 2018, 08:19:20 pm »

I hope there’s enough room for all of you.

Did you know that  Donald Trump is still President of the United States  despite all your nattering?   It's true!  Like it or not.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #339 on: June 12, 2018, 08:21:14 pm »
The argument over whether "Trump" is sufficiently respectful is just someone looking for a fight.

Exactly.

My pet peeve is when people use their own cute nicknames for people because they think it is clever/funny, like "Obummer" or "McStain", etc.. 

Or Rocket Man...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:21:55 pm by txradioguy »

Online corbe

« Reply #340 on: June 12, 2018, 08:21:54 pm »
   Ask and ye shall receive @driftdiver

For the Ladies:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #341 on: June 12, 2018, 08:22:10 pm »

It's deliberate.

@DCPatriot

I choose my words carefully, too.  Often, I try hard to remember to remove "Mr." from names (to fit in more with this informal setting), but it's a difficult habit, as I was formerly a newspaper editor and I know my history..."Mr." was considered even more honorific than titles like "President" back in the day.

For example, here's a post where I use "Mr. Trump" back in July 2016... I'm sure I should have genuflected and used "President Trump" even before he was elected, right? http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,215473.msg962409.html#msg962409

You see, some of us are well educated, and it looks like @Lando Lincoln is.  So rather than looking for trouble, how about focusing on the topic at hand.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #342 on: June 12, 2018, 08:23:06 pm »
No it's not...

So you all do it!

Oh, crap, I wanted to stay out this ... but.... @mystery-ak   The point is, as I see it, @Lando Lincoln carefully chose to call the POTUS "Mr. Trump".  Had LL simply posted "Trump" he would not have faced the question.  But @Lando Lincoln specifically chose not to call Donald Trump "President" Trump.

Here's why this matters:  Look at LL's posting history ... which is very unique.  He is the only Briefer who is able to drive on the dividing line of a two way highway without even denting his car.  He can do this precisely because every syllable he posts is done with great care and balance --- to prevent knocking himself into oncoming traffic.  LL has a gift .... of sorts.

Point being:  LL chose "Mr" over "President" -- a subtle diss at the POTUS.  But this time he got clipped by oncoming traffic.   ^-^

@DCPatriot

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:26:40 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #343 on: June 12, 2018, 08:23:08 pm »

My pet peeve is when people use their own cute nicknames for people because they think it is clever/funny, like "Obummer" or "McStain", etc..  Just call the dude (or dudette) by their name.  Honorific optional.

I do it for Mclame on purpose, to show a lack of respect.  because he's burned that bridge

As for obummer, I reserve the right to disrespect traitors

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #344 on: June 12, 2018, 08:23:09 pm »

888high58888
+++++++++

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #345 on: June 12, 2018, 08:23:09 pm »

The hell it isn't.

Even if all of this were true, and I don't believe it is, so what?  It doesn't affect one single thing, anywhere, ever, except you getting torqued off about it.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #346 on: June 12, 2018, 08:24:35 pm »
   Ask and ye shall receive @driftdiver

For the Ladies:

OK I forgive you for some of the things youve done, thank you

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #347 on: June 12, 2018, 08:25:33 pm »
@DCPatriot

I choose my words carefully, too.  Often, I try hard to remember to remove "Mr." from names (to fit in more with this informal setting), but it's a difficult habit, as I was formerly a newspaper editor and I know my history..."Mr." was considered even more honorific than titles like "President" back in the day.

For example, here's a post where I use "Mr. Trump" back in July 2016... I'm sure I should have genuflected and used "President Trump" even before he was elected, right? http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,215473.msg962409.html#msg962409

You see, some of us are well educated, and it looks like @Lando Lincoln is.  So rather than looking for trouble, how about focusing on the topic at hand.

Ahhh yes the AP Style Guide.  The Bible of print writers everywhere.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #348 on: June 12, 2018, 08:28:02 pm »

Ahhh yes the AP Style Guide.  The Bible of print writers everywhere.

Yes, though I created my own style guide for the papers I ran.  I abhor their timidity with an Oxford comma!  It's too easy to miss when you need it, and then you get someone welcoming the United States and its territories, Canada and Mexico!
+++++++++

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #349 on: June 12, 2018, 08:29:04 pm »
Oh, crap, I wanted to stay out this ... but.... @mystery-ak   The point is, as I see it, @Lando Lincoln carefully chose to call the POTUS "Mr. Trump".  Had LL simply posted "Trump" he would not have faced the question.  But @Lando Lincoln specifically chose not to call Donald Trump "President" Trump.

Here's why this matters:  Look at LL's posting history ... which is very unique.  He is the only Briefer who is able to drive on the dividing line of a two way highway without even denting his car.  He can do this precisely because every syllable he posts is done with great care and balance --- to prevent knocking himself into oncoming traffic.  LL has a gift .... of sorts.

Point being:  LL chose "Mr" over "President" -- a subtle diss at the POTUS.  But this time he got clipped by oncoming traffic.   ^-^

You're GD right, @Right_in_Virginia

Spot on!

Disappears for months....we all have lives and what comes with it....and here it is again.   Riding that GD fence again.  Playing the Sage.

We who've been together for decades know these things.....it's not clairvoyance.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:29:52 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald