Author Topic: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD  (Read 34689 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD
« Reply #300 on: June 12, 2018, 07:25:33 pm »

I wish I could say I love the fact schadenfreude is the highlight of your life, but it’s actually quite sad.

Don't panic dude......there's help.....

Oceander

« Reply #301 on: June 12, 2018, 07:25:47 pm »
But ... didn't you promise no negative gibes on this thread?  Or was that another NTer?

True, but it was conditioned on there being substance, not photo op crap or fluff hagiography.  Conditions precedent weren’t fulfilled. 

Oceander

« Reply #302 on: June 12, 2018, 07:26:38 pm »
@Emjay
Careful or he'll put his mod hat on again and make snide remarks.

:bigsilly:

You think I’m a mod?  You are delusional. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #303 on: June 12, 2018, 07:29:35 pm »
Curious....what will it take for you to address him as 'President' Trump and not "Mr. Trump"?    *****rollingeyes*****
@Lando Lincoln  @DCPatriot

It's funny.  It used to be considered polite and showing honor to use "Mr."    Now, people get offended.

I think some people didn't pay attention in high-school English class, nor have read newspapers.  It was perfectly fine and considered respectful to say, "Mr. Carter," "Mr. Reagan," "Mr. Bush," "Mr. Clinton," "Mr. Bush," and "Mr. Obama"....but heaven forbid anyone says that with The Special Boy.  He has to be different.

*****rollingeyes*****

Mr. Trump's hand has been forced, to engage with Kim, by the nuclear program being allowed to progress.  But let's remember that previous presidents could have met one-on-one with Kim -- Trump has done nothing special by arranging that.  Evidently, Trump was unable to get a multilateral meeting, or else he didn't want attention taken away from himself.  But, regardless, I hope we get a good deal out of it (note, I said "we" not "he", as they aren't necessarily aligned).
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #304 on: June 12, 2018, 07:30:26 pm »
I thought I read where you put corbe on ignore?

I would never put @corbe on ignore.  We have a very warm and loving relationship.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #305 on: June 12, 2018, 07:32:59 pm »
   For weeks I've stated I will reserve opinion until we have something concrete besides the rhetoric and optics for I am a student of history.  I can clearly see that those among us that have a similar attitude are again attacked as NTer's and haters. 
   This doesn't bother me because I haven't lost sight of the most important fact ~ This is an Internet Political Forum and incidentally one of the best I've encountered due to the spectrum of intelligence and patience here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #306 on: June 12, 2018, 07:34:59 pm »
And we likely can not make concrete judgements on this for awhile, maybe years.

Perhaps, other meetings are to come as well.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #307 on: June 12, 2018, 07:39:28 pm »
Don't panic dude......there's help.....

Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Since Trump himself is deranged, doesn't that make it a double negative?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #308 on: June 12, 2018, 07:41:02 pm »
@Lando Lincoln  @DCPatriot

It's funny.  It used to be considered polite and showing honor to use "Mr."    Now, people get offended.

I think some people didn't pay attention in high-school English class, nor have read newspapers.  It was perfectly fine and considered respectful to say, "Mr. Carter," "Mr. Reagan," "Mr. Bush," "Mr. Clinton," "Mr. Bush," and "Mr. Obama"....but heaven forbid anyone says that with The Special Boy.  He has to be different.   

The protocol for reporting--whether written or verbal--on the POTUS has always been to first refer to the man as "President" Trump, ("President" Bush, "President" Obama).... etc.  All subsequent referrals may be "Mr." Trump, ("Mr." Bush, "Mr." Obama).

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #309 on: June 12, 2018, 07:43:41 pm »
I think they want us to refer him as "his most wonderful and royal highness".  Anything less would be disrespectful.   :whistle:

Yeah, that's the same vibe I tend to get from those who are all aflutter when we do not address Trump with the respect they expect.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #310 on: June 12, 2018, 07:46:24 pm »
I use the "Style Book" for use of the Honorific.  At first mention, it's "President Trump."  After that, it's just "Trump."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #311 on: June 12, 2018, 07:46:28 pm »
Just taking a moment to try to catch up. Have we offered to stop training with South Korea and give Lil'Kim glorious Trump Golf resorts yet?

Offline corbe

« Reply #312 on: June 12, 2018, 07:47:01 pm »
   @Right_in_Virginia is this dressing down about the 'Mister' crap due to respect for the Office of the President or the Man occupying said office, I ask because I never even spelt obummer's name right nor capitalized it?

When I saw @DCPatriot's critique of @Lando Lincoln's excellent post even I figured he was just trolling, Shirley, he wasn't serious?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

« Reply #313 on: June 12, 2018, 07:48:45 pm »
Just taking a moment to try to catch up. Have we offered to stop training with South Korea and give Lil'Kim glorious Trump Golf resorts yet?

We did offer to stop doing military exercises with SK.

Oceander

« Reply #314 on: June 12, 2018, 07:50:23 pm »
The protocol for reporting--whether written or verbal--on the POTUS has always been to first refer to the man as "President" Trump, ("President" Bush, "President" Obama).... etc.  All subsequent referrals may be "Mr." Trump, ("Mr." Bush, "Mr." Obama).

Who? Obastard?  I don’t recall you being quite so wound up about the style book niceties when Obastard was in office. But now that orange is the new black, well .....

Offline corbe

« Reply #315 on: June 12, 2018, 07:50:32 pm »

Tomorrow Ivanka will have 27 Trademark protections approved on dresses made out of dirt and straw, though.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #316 on: June 12, 2018, 07:50:51 pm »

He called me right after he was elected and said I could still use Donny.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #317 on: June 12, 2018, 07:50:52 pm »
We did offer to stop doing military exercises with SK.

Thanks. Looks like they got beach resorts instead of golf courses. What a rip off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5834437/They-great-beaches-Trump-showed-Kim-iPad-video-North-Koreas-future.html

« Reply #318 on: June 12, 2018, 07:51:33 pm »

Nah, you weren't catching up.  Methinks it took you this long to post something you think is clever.   :smokin:   

You shouldn't have rushed it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #319 on: June 12, 2018, 07:52:03 pm »

Like any of us did so during Obama's reign.

I've always referenced the guy in the Oval Orifice by their last name, with the exception of LBJ who only deserves 3 letters of my time, Clinton who I also referenced as Slick, or Obama whom I also referenced as His Heinous.  Carter was Carter, Bush was Bush, Reagan was Reagan.

It's ridiculous if you think we're gonna start playing protocols to your satisfaction simply because your idol is the prez.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

« Reply #320 on: June 12, 2018, 07:52:35 pm »

And "God" ... don't forget "God".   :laugh:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #321 on: June 12, 2018, 07:53:05 pm »

No golf courses...yet.  But without warning the ROK Government the President did agree to suspend joint training with our allies on the Peninsula.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #322 on: June 12, 2018, 07:55:48 pm »
When it comes to the difference between using Mr. Trump or President Trump, I be like: you say potatoes, I say patahtoes.

Besides, beats the more commonly used form, “that idiot in the White House.”

My point was that @Lando Lincoln chooses his words carefully.

It's deliberate.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #323 on: June 12, 2018, 07:59:38 pm »
Thanks. Looks like they got beach resorts instead of golf courses. What a rip off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5834437/They-great-beaches-Trump-showed-Kim-iPad-video-North-Koreas-future.html

We had a beach when I was there.  It was pretty nice actually.   Well except for the spy boats offshore, landmines, and weapons emplacements that surrounded it.  Oh and it was kinda rocky and the water was colder then hades.

Some good fishing, great shellfish, and awesome pearl diving.   Swimming, eh not so much.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #324 on: June 12, 2018, 08:04:12 pm »

It is Uncle Donny and he prefers the toilet seat down.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck