Author Topic: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD  (Read 34593 times)

Online corbe

Re: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD
« Reply #225 on: June 12, 2018, 05:16:53 pm »
   PM Chamberlain was also a Tariff Loving Conservative /JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2018, 05:17:07 pm »
The only ones criticizing this summit at this point is the American and international Left. I hope NeverTrumpers mull that over.

No not really.  Some of us are still living in reality and realize that other than a photo op this was a big nothing burger.  It didn't live up to the breathless hype the Trump cult built it up to be.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #227 on: June 12, 2018, 05:24:51 pm »
The only ones criticizing this summit at this point is the American and international Left. I hope NeverTrumpers mull that over.

The only ones buying into this sudden Kim Jong Un epiphany are ignoring seven decades of North Korean double dealing, treachery, and lying under a Kim family dynasty.  I hope they mull that over.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #228 on: June 12, 2018, 05:25:40 pm »
No not really.  Some of us are still living in reality and realize that other than a photo op this was a big nothing burger.  It didn't live up to the breathless hype the Trump cult built it up to be.

Well I disagree..I think it was a historic moment...now we go into the Trust but Verify mode
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #229 on: June 12, 2018, 05:30:45 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Concerned

« Reply #230 on: June 12, 2018, 05:34:43 pm »
Well I disagree..I think it was a historic moment...now we go into the Trust but Verify mode

But there's nothing in the joint statement agreed to by Trump and Kim that allow us to "verify". 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline thackney

« Reply #231 on: June 12, 2018, 05:36:26 pm »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2018, 05:38:08 pm »

:amen:  We cannot know what will come of this in the end but it's definitely NOT  a nothing burger!  Not by any stretch!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #233 on: June 12, 2018, 05:40:18 pm »
Pompeo, #1 West Point grad, so take that experience.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #234 on: June 12, 2018, 05:42:31 pm »
But there's nothing in the joint statement agreed to by Trump and Kim that allow us to "verify".

We will have to wait and see what comes next..this was only the initial meeting with more to follow.
Support the USO

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #235 on: June 12, 2018, 05:42:43 pm »

Historic in the fact we actually got the little despot to the table.  But that's as far as it goes.  This isn't Reagan at the Reykjavík Summit or Nixon going to China.

It's actually a propaganda and a tactical win for the NORKS.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #236 on: June 12, 2018, 05:43:19 pm »

Bingo.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #237 on: June 12, 2018, 05:46:30 pm »
Your self admitted limited knowledge of the situation is glaring in that statement.

The "drawback" is there was nothing important that came out of this talk for the U.S. or our ROK allies...but plenty of propaganda for the NORKS.  There's no details...no substance...just a lot of fluff and hot air.

And for anyone who knows anything about the Korean peninsula and the unstable nature of the leaders in the North...Lil Kim could very easily get back to Pyongyang and order his generals to implement the attack plan to reunite the two Koreas.

@txradioguy
Well anyone who knows anything about the Korean peninsula knows that if the North attacks the South any hope of reunification will evaporate.   He can kill a lot of people but he won't unite the people through force.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #238 on: June 12, 2018, 05:47:40 pm »
Historic in the fact we actually got the little despot to the table.  But that's as far as it goes.  This isn't Reagan at the Reykjavík Summit or Nixon going to China.

Can't you guys just leave it at 'its a nuthingburger'?

Do you have to take it that ludicrous extra step and call it a catastrophe?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 05:48:50 pm by skeeter »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2018, 05:47:48 pm »

@txradioguy
The tactical situation has not changed.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2018, 05:51:53 pm »
We will have to wait and see what comes next..this was only the initial meeting with more to follow.

My suspicions are that this entire deal was crafty marketing and illusion for public consumption by BOTH egomaniacs representing their nations.

Both guys get to bask in the illusion of legitimacy, with only North Korea benefitting the most from the photo-ops, while Trump does what he does best: craft reality TV and marketing his image. 

Those are my suspicions about this entire "event".  When and if Lil' Kim allows UN inspectors into his country to verify that he has indeed de-nuclearized, will be the only evidence that Trump accomplished what he is selling and marketing.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2018, 05:52:13 pm »
Pompeo, #1 West Point grad, so take that experience.

West Point is a fine institution...and the Long Gray Line has produced some of the finest military leaders the world has ever seen.  But just because you graduate from there doesn't give you the experience needed to be a politician or hold a cabinet position.  Very rarely have military officers made good politicians.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2018, 05:53:27 pm »
My suspicions are that this entire deal was crafty marketing and illusion for public consumption by BOTH egomaniacs representing their nations.

Both guys get to bask in the illusion of legitimacy, with only North Korea benefitting the most from the photo-ops, while Trump does what he does best: craft reality TV and marketing his image. 

Those are my suspicions about this entire "event".  When and if Lil' Kim allows UN inspectors into his country to verify that he has indeed de-nuclearized, will be the only evidence that Trump accomplished what he is selling and marketing.

Trump has a plan.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2018, 05:54:12 pm »
@txradioguy
The tactical situation has not changed.

That remains to be seen.  I know USFK has said they haven't been notified of any changes to the joint training schedule...but that won't stop Kim from saying otherwise and using any joint exercise...to include EIB or EFMB competitions as an excuse to say the U.S. violated its promise in Singapore.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2018, 05:54:40 pm »
I don't have any children, but I think even suggesting killing children is reprehensible.  Have a good day.   :seeya:

Nice punt on your point that a great dealmaker should be able to get anyone to agree to anything.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #245 on: June 12, 2018, 05:54:50 pm »

Can't you guys just leave it at 'its a nuthingburger'?

Do you have to take it that ludicrous extra step and call it a catastrophe?

Ummm I didn't say that it was a catastrophe.

Offline thackney

« Reply #246 on: June 12, 2018, 05:55:06 pm »

So, what was the result of the first day of that visit?  Verifiable agreements or just a beginning of the work yet to come?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline endicom

« Reply #247 on: June 12, 2018, 05:57:36 pm »
   @TomSea and @Maj. Bill Martin bring up a very salient point, we just can't possibly know what just transpired in Singapore, other than optics for awhile. 
   Sure didn't take this guy long to be shown the complete idiot that he was.

Kim now has Sudetenland? Damn!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #248 on: June 12, 2018, 05:58:40 pm »
West Point is a fine institution...and the Long Gray Line has produced some of the finest military leaders the world has ever seen.  But just because you graduate from there doesn't give you the experience needed to be a politician or hold a cabinet position.  Very rarely have military officers made good politicians.

Exactly.  The Class of 1915 included Bradley and Eisenhower.  The valedictorian was William Covell.  Who knows who he is without looking him up?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #249 on: June 12, 2018, 05:59:51 pm »
That remains to be seen.  I know USFK has said they haven't been notified of any changes to the joint training schedule...but that won't stop Kim from saying otherwise and using any joint exercise...to include EIB or EFMB competitions as an excuse to say the U.S. violated its promise in Singapore.

Which means jack squat related to the tactical situation.   Our troops there still have squadrons of F-16s ready to take off on short notice.  Many bombs are on base, probably some tactical nuclear since they were moved back recently.   We also have the troops in Japan.

SK military is always ready and they take it quite seriously.   So there is no increased risk of Kim trying to surprise us with a military attack.