Author Topic: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD  (Read 34624 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2018, 04:23:45 pm »
Agreed.   Trump has shown his willingness to dispense with convention and conventional thinking,  and drill down to the heart of a problem.   We have North Korea at the bargaining table having signed a statement agreeing in principle to de-nuclearisation.  We have the most powerful man in Saudi Arabia suggesting Israel has the right to exist.    We have the makings of a true alliance against Iran.   We have the NATO countries spending more on defense than before.   We have provided arms to Ukraine, and kept our word in Syria regarding red lines.   We even have Russia saying it welcomes a reset in relations, noting that Trump can be expected to "keep his campaign promises".

No one was more critical than I was about Trump, prior to the election.   But especially when it comes to foreign policy, the man's a breath of fresh air.   

Well @Jazzhead, you and I don't often agree, but when you are right you are right. That was a
brilliant analysis. Great post.   

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2018, 04:25:39 pm »
Because Trumpalos cannot assuage that bitter taint of insecurity they have unless all around them are worshipping Trump as fervently as they.

@Oceander
Nothing but troll behavior from you today.  You have no argument and cannot stand that something good is coming from Trump so you go to your standard insult.   Doing nothing but insulting and seeking to inflame.

really pathetic
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2018, 04:27:18 pm »
@Oceander
Nothing but troll behavior from you today.  You have no argument and cannot stand that something good is coming from Trump so you go to your standard insult.   Doing nothing but insulting and seeking to inflame.

really pathetic

Why don’t you go read some of my other posts, where i respond to negative comments being made about the meeting.  Stop being a Trumpalo and go back to being a human being. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2018, 04:31:26 pm »
I think North Korea dictators have been seeking legitimacy for decades.  Meeting with the US President certainly provides them that and a huge propaganda win at home......at least IMO.  As noted in the OpEd posted by TomSea above:

“Unimaginable success” sure sounds like a win to me.

@Concerned
NK is bankrupt, yes they've obtained some income from Iran, Kuwait and of course China but the sanctions are having a huge effect.

How?  Less access to oil, gas, coal which directly impacts the ruling class.   Fewer luxuries, which directly impacts the ruling class.   

NK cannot afford to keep developing their rockets and nukes and while they have been helping our enemies I think there's a chance of stopping that connection.   Threat of war will not change their minds but access to the kind of world South Korea has, that just might end the war end the human suffering.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2018, 04:32:14 pm »
Why don’t you go read some of my other posts, where i respond to negative comments being made about the meeting.  Stop being a Trumpalo and go back to being a human being.

@Oceander
When you stop with the personal attacks then perhaps I will think of something else besides pathetic.

Offline MOD8

« Reply #205 on: June 12, 2018, 04:33:32 pm »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #206 on: June 12, 2018, 04:43:12 pm »
Well @Jazzhead, you and I don't often agree, but when you are right you are right. That was a

Thanks, @jpsb - I appreciate it.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #207 on: June 12, 2018, 04:43:48 pm »
@WalshFreedom

He makes a propaganda video for North Korea, he stops our joint military exercises with South Korea, he puts the North Korean Flag up there right next to ours, and he says Kim Jong Un is a great man who loves his own people.

Uh...Trump is a tough guy?

No wonder Kim is smiling.

@kevindavis and on top of that he blamed his own country for Kim not keeping previous agreements.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Concerned

« Reply #208 on: June 12, 2018, 04:44:57 pm »
@Concerned
NK is bankrupt, yes they've obtained some income from Iran, Kuwait and of course China but the sanctions are having a huge effect.

How?  Less access to oil, gas, coal which directly impacts the ruling class.   Fewer luxuries, which directly impacts the ruling class.   

NK cannot afford to keep developing their rockets and nukes and while they have been helping our enemies I think there's a chance of stopping that connection.   Threat of war will not change their minds but access to the kind of world South Korea has, that just might end the war end the human suffering.

@driftdiver

I'm not sure what whether North Korea is bankrupt or not has to do with my post.  The point I was trying to make was that Kim got something that his father and this grandfather couldn't get:  legitimacy.  He got that by meeting with the US President.  He also got Trump to suspend the "provocative"  "war games", and it doesn't appear as though we got anything in return.  One of the first rules of negotiation I learned was:  don't give up something without getting something in return.   It doesn't appear to me that we got anything (of substance) in return even though we gave North Korea a couple of things that they clearly value (whether we see value in them is immaterial).

I agree the sanctions are having effect, and I'm happy Trump isn't lifting them (as of now).  It appears that North Korea doesn't need "to keep developing their rockets and nukes".  They've already got them:

Kim Jong Un has dozens of nuclear warheads and the missiles to deliver them — one expert estimated it could take 15 years to destroy it all......."The high U.S. estimate is 60 warheads total, adding 12 each year," Lewis told NBC News. "The low estimate is around 30 warheads."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/north-korea-s-many-nuclear-weapons-how-rid-world-them-n882061
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:45:42 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #209 on: June 12, 2018, 04:45:08 pm »
Trust But Verify

"While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape." - I Thessalonians 5:3

“For from the least of them to the greatest, all are greedy for gain. From prophet to priest, all practice deceit. They have treated My people's brokenness superficially, saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ when there is no peace at all.  Were they ashamed of the abominations they committed? No, they were not at all ashamed. They did not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; when I punish them, they will collapse,” says the LORD - Jeremiah 6:13-15

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline thackney

« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2018, 04:45:49 pm »

@Jazzhead

+1
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2018, 04:47:54 pm »
   @TomSea and @Maj. Bill Martin bring up a very salient point, we just can't possibly know what just transpired in Singapore, other than optics for awhile. 
   Sure didn't take this guy long to be shown the complete idiot that he was.

Legitimate concern.

Neville Chamberlain probably didn't have a Bolton or Pompeo.

@corbe

One can say that anytime we are dealing with a foreign power I would suppose, an un-trusty one, it be Putin, Xi of China and so on.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2018, 04:50:24 pm »
I can't speak for anyone else, my knowledge of the deal is limited. So, we cancel the military exercises, that seems important to Kim.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2018, 04:53:24 pm »
Legitimate concern.

@corbe

One can say that anytime we are dealing with a foreign power I would suppose, an un-trusty one, it be Putin, Xi of China and so on.

You can have "only the best people" working for you...but that doesn't mean squat if the other side says one thing to your face and does something totally different when they get back home.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2018, 04:54:19 pm »
Legitimate concern.

England only had that lightweight Churchill, who was warning everyone Hitler was not to be trusted.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2018, 04:56:05 pm »
I can't speak for anyone else, my knowledge of the deal is limited. So, we cancel the military exercises, that seems important to Kim.

They have been bitching about our joint exercises for decades.,  Usually every time there is some kind of RIMPAC summit or something involving the ROK and U.S. making agreements.  It's an excuse passed from grandpa to son to grandson in the current NORK Dynasty to not be a good actor on the world stage.

Up until now we recognized them for the grandstanding tantrum they are/were.

Trump's been the only one in recent memory to give in.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #216 on: June 12, 2018, 04:58:16 pm »
They have been bitching about our joint exercises for decades.,  Usually every time there is some kind of RIMPAC summit or something involving the ROK and U.S. making agreements.  It's an excuse passed from grandpa to son to grandson in the current NORK Dynasty to not be a good actor on the world stage.

Up until now we recognized them for the grandstanding tantrum they are/were.

Trump's been the only one in recent memory to give in.

Most of us already knew that.

For peace, it's not a big drawback.  Only for those looking for a drawback, I guess, we can fear a North Korean invasion now.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2018, 04:59:21 pm »

England only had that lightweight Churchill, who was warning everyone Hitler was not to be trusted.

Not sure if Churchill was an advisor to Chamberlain. Bolton and Pompeo are in that capacity for Trump.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2018, 05:06:26 pm »
Chamberlain knew war was coming,  but also that Britain wasn't ready for it in 1938.   He signed knowing all it did was to buy time.   

Immediately afterwards,  Britain pretty much went on a war footing. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2018, 05:06:36 pm »

For peace, it's not a big drawback.  Only for those looking for a drawback, I guess, we can fear a North Korean invasion now.

Your self admitted limited knowledge of the situation is glaring in that statement.

The "drawback" is there was nothing important that came out of this talk for the U.S. or our ROK allies...but plenty of propaganda for the NORKS.  There's no details...no substance...just a lot of fluff and hot air.

And for anyone who knows anything about the Korean peninsula and the unstable nature of the leaders in the North...Lil Kim could very easily get back to Pyongyang and order his generals to implement the attack plan to reunite the two Koreas.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2018, 05:08:39 pm »
Not sure if Churchill was an advisor to Chamberlain. Bolton and Pompeo are in that capacity for Trump.

No the advisors to Chamberlain were just the Pompeo and Bolton of their day. They figured Germany just wanted to rebuild, become respectful again, and rejoin the European family.  Just let him have the Sudetenland – they are mostly Germans anyway – and everything will be just fine.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2018, 05:11:59 pm »
Your self admitted limited knowledge of the situation is glaring in that statement.

The "drawback" is there was nothing important that came out of this talk for the U.S. or our ROK allies...but plenty of propaganda for the NORKS.  There's no details...no substance...just a lot of fluff and hot air.

And for anyone who knows anything about the Korean peninsula and the unstable nature of the leaders in the North...Lil Kim could very easily get back to Pyongyang and order his generals to implement the attack plan to reunite the two Koreas.

We'll see.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2018, 05:12:03 pm »
The only ones criticizing this summit at this point is the American and international Left. I hope NeverTrumpers mull that over.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 05:14:23 pm by aligncare »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2018, 05:12:20 pm »

No the advisors to Chamberlain were just the Pompeo and Bolton of their day. They figured Germany just wanted to rebuild, become respectful again, and rejoin the European family.  Just let him have the Sudetenland – they are mostly Germans anyway – and everything will be just fine.

Maybe, maybe not.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2018, 05:15:58 pm »

Churchill was the canary in the cave trying to warn the world about Hitler...Chamberlain resented the fact that Winston was...in Neville's mind...undermining his efforts to placate Hitler.

So to try and shut him up Chamberlain made Churchill part of his cabinet as the  First Lord of the Admiralty.