Author Topic: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD  (Read 34612 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2018, 02:19:01 am »
The daddy Kim Jong Il was the bad one and probably the one before that. It kind of seems like Little Kim is just caught up in carrying out the tradition of tyrants.  In Switzerland where he grew up some at least, it called him a punk like a punk rocker type or something.
4. Kim Jong-il is Blamed for a “Devastating Famine” that Killed an Estimated 3 Million People & His Brother Was Executed for Treason
https://heavy.com/news/2018/06/kim-jong-un-wife-family/

Still, Little Kim has killed, unforgivable.  Well, we'll see, human rights organizations have been speaking up too in the past few days about NK.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2018, 02:20:25 am »
Anyone who isn't doing exactly that  has a screw, or several,  loose!

QFT

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2018, 02:23:47 am »
I can't help but think of Otto's parents tonight.. 8888crybaby
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2018, 02:27:37 am »
Rodman, who is wearing a Make America Great Again cap, said Donald Trump had reached out to him.

Donald Trump reached out, he called his secretary, she called me and said, ‘Donald Trump is so proud of you, he likes you a lot.’ And that means a lot. I don’t want to take any credit, we can all take credit and I’m just so glad this is happening.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/jun/12/trump-kim-summit-meeting-singapore-us-president-north-korea-kim-jong-un-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2018, 02:32:25 am »

Yes, indeed. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE TRHEAD
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2018, 02:40:52 am »
I like the visuals. A picture is worth a thousand words, someone once said.

"Every Picture Tells a Story" R. Stewart.
Reagan with Gorby, the Berlin Wall being ttoppled by young Germans.

Today is notable, at least to Cold War folks who spent their youthful years in fear of nuclear war.

Trump needs to do nothing beyond point to the Japanese, Germans and So. Koreans as examples of the prosperity coming from being at peace and even allied with the USA.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2018, 02:43:34 am »
Commentary:

Kyle Orton
‏Verified account @KyleWOrton
38m38 minutes ago

Trump said he had an "excellent relationship" with Kim Jong-un after their meeting.

This is the kind of excess Nixon showed in China and Carter with Tito.

Kim is a murderer presiding over a slave colony. Coming to an accord to avoid war is one thing. Should be restraint in it.

Kyle Orton
‏Verified account @KyleWOrton

Kyle Orton Retweeted Noah Rothman

This is revolting. The Wilsonian temptation has to be avoided, but it doesn't do to pretend #DPRK is just one dictatorship among many. It really is in a class with few others. Added to its relative weakness, this symbolism of equality is stomach churning.

https://twitter.com/KyleWOrton/status/1006362159281070082

True but what do we do? Wipe them off the face of the earth?

I see Japan's President Abe too, said he's working to keep his country at the forefront of discussions.  On the radar.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2018, 02:45:04 am »

Today is notable, at least to Cold War folks who spent their youthful years in fear of nuclear war.

Trump needs to do nothing beyond point to the Japanese, Germans and So. Koreans as examples of the prosperity coming from being at peace and even allied with the USA.

@truth_seeker

It's very good to see you posting again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2018, 02:59:55 am »
Bolton is there, closest on the right, almost out of the picture.

And General Kelly.

https://twitter.com/michaelcrowley
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 03:03:23 am by TomSea »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2018, 03:21:11 am »
I do hope and pray for a successful outcome.
@Lando Lincoln

:amen:

Sometimes a true leader needs to play a game of sorts and let the tyrant believe they're still in charge.  It costs nothing to give up "visuals" if in the end, an accord is reached.  It's long past time for NK to join the rest of the world in this 21st century and move on past a failed ideology.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2018, 03:51:36 am »
Sometimes a true leader needs to play a game of sorts and let the tyrant believe they're still in charge.  It costs nothing to give up "visuals" if in the end, an accord is reached.  It's long past time for NK to join the rest of the world in this 21st century and move on past a failed ideology.

Boy, this sure sounds familiar.

October 24, 2000

Only a few months ago, communist North Korea's missile programme and alleged nuclear weapons ambitions were being cited as the prime justification for the US embarking on a hugely expensive and controversial anti-missile defence system.

Now, Mr Albright is clinking glasses with Kim Jong-il and applauding a mass performance of synchronised praise for the Dear Leader, as he is officially called.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/988725.stm

At least we still have the great visuals.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 03:54:30 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2018, 03:59:29 am »
US Delegation greets North Korean Delegation and watch POTUS and Leader Kim Jong Un meet for first time.

This is a pretty amazing sight ..

I'll say. Where the hell did those NORK's find a Today's Man to get so many ill fitting suits? Jesus Christ they are a shambles.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2018, 04:11:19 am »
I'll say. Where the hell did those NORK's find a Today's Man to get so many ill fitting suits? Jesus Christ they are a shambles.

Shhh....do NOT tell anyone I said this, but I think Ted Cruz may have donated some of his suits from the 2016 campaign.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2018, 04:14:13 am »
Shhh....do NOT tell anyone I said this, but I think Ted Cruz may have donated some of his suits from the 2016 campaign.

Ah shit. You said the "C" word. Now that poster, who's name escapes me right now, will spin this thread off the rails.

BTW yes. Ted does dress like he hits funeral homes and grabs suits off of the corpses after the services.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2018, 04:15:33 am »
Ah shit. You said the "C" word. Now that poster, who's name escapes me right now, will spin this thread off the rails.

BTW yes. Ted does dress like he hits funeral homes and grabs suits off of the corpses after the services.

No way, I never say the "C" word.  It's bleeped out.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2018, 04:19:26 am »
No way, I never say the "C" word.  It's bleeped out.

That's not true. I use Ted Bleep name all the time here without any censoring.

Offline edpc

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2018, 04:39:26 am »
This is a pretty amazing sight ..

Yeah, when I was walking the Saddle Pass Trail through the Badlands last week, I thought that was pretty amazing until I saw this entourage of yes men to a despot, with one wearing a Jiffy Pop hat.  Can't beat that.      *****rollingeyes*****

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2018, 11:15:50 am »
Sounds like Trump screw our allies and helped. 🇨🇳 And 🇷🇺 with this deal.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2018, 11:18:45 am »

Glad you're back posting, @truth_seeker !    888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2018, 11:23:00 am »

Fox @ Friends, this morning, just spent a segment including a video of Pres. Trump, where he says that Otto Warmbier's death was the impetus to get where we are today with North Korea.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2018, 11:31:26 am »
Glad you're back posting, @truth_seeker !    888high58888

I’ll second that. There should always be at least one person around here with a broad enough perspective to seek truth. @DCPatriot @truth_seeker

Oceander

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2018, 11:49:51 am »
So, did anything actually happen, or is this whole thread fluff?

Offline thackney

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2018, 12:01:46 pm »

President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un signed a document on Tuesday stating that Pyongyang would work toward "complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula"— a historic concession, which was one of the requirements the U.S. sought at the summit in Singapore.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/12/trump-kim-jong-un-sign-comprehensive-document-vague-on-specific-details.html
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2018, 12:04:08 pm »

They signed an agreement that says little and means less.

Despite the optimism Trump and Kim expressed at their meeting, the agreement they signed contained few specifics of how the pair would move toward peace. There was no description of which programs North Korea would have to cease to be considered denuclearized — or how its cooperation would be monitored. North Korea and the U.S. do not have formal diplomatic relations. While the statement promised that there would be “new” relations between the two countries, it did not say at what level or provide any information about any potential withdrawal of the stiff sanctions the U.S. has imposed on North Korea.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-kim-sign-joint-statement-promising-complete-denuclearization-korean-peninsula-075453594.html

Offline thackney

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2018, 12:05:11 pm »

North Korea summit: Trump-Kim deal criticized for lack of nuclear detail
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-kim-sign-document-to-wrap-up-korean-summit-2018-06-12

...After hours of unprecedented closed-door talks, the two sides pledged to develop a new relationship and to continue high-level negotiations as soon as possible. The agreement also calls for both sides to recover the remains of prisoners of war and those missing in action in the Korean War, and to repatriate these.

However, while Trump described the declaration as “very important” and “pretty comprehensive,” it does not give particulars of timing or checks on whether North Korea is making changes to its nuclear program.

It does not use the words “irreversible” and “verifiable” to describe the denuclearization process, two things the U.S. has long pursued. It appears to echo an agreement signed by North Korea and South Korea in April, according to a Wall Street Journal report....

Life is fragile, handle with prayer