Author Topic: German ministry says 774,000 Mercedes cars contain unauthorized software  (Read 532 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
These kraut car company's are brazen.  VW Audi and now Dailmer.  Frank Cannon is going to be ticked

Reuters Staff

2 MIN READ

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany’s Transport Ministry said on Monday that 774,000 Mercedes-Benz vehicles in Europe had been found to contain unauthorized software defeat devices and ordered Daimler to recall more than 200,000 cars in Germany.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class and Vito models with diesel engines and a sports utility variant of the sedan, known as the GLC, were the main cars found to be at fault, the ministry said.

“The government will order 238,000 Daimler vehicles to be immediately recalled Germany-wide because of unauthorized defeat devices,” the ministry said in a statement.

Germany can only order the recall of vehicles within its own borders, or of those vehicles issued with a pan-European road-worthiness certification via German authorities.

Daimler has pledged to work on removing the software and to cooperate with authorities, the ministry said.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-daimler-emissions-scheuer/german-ministry-says-774000-mercedes-cars-contain-unauthorized-software-idUKKBN1J722N
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline darroll

Are they going to tattle on us like the Big Semi's do? :nono:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Are they going to tattle on us like the Big Semi's do? :nono:

Most new cars have a black box which record the drivers actions before a crash.  Recently two street racers hit a woman pushing a baby carriage here in tampa.

The black box recorded him doing 102 in the 40mph zone.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Most new cars have a black box which record the drivers actions before a crash.  Recently two street racers hit a woman pushing a baby carriage here in tampa.

The black box recorded him doing 102 in the 40mph zone.

Same system Ins cos plug into to record your driving habits under the guise of offering you a "Safe Driving Discount"
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."