Author Topic: Supreme Court Upholds Controversial Ohio Voter-Purge Law  (Read 1506 times)

Offline bilo

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Controversial Ohio Voter-Purge Law
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 11:56:08 pm »
Just purge the rolls completely after every election cycle.  For convenience, hand out voter registration cards at the polling places.

Where I live you can register to vote and vote on the day of the election with 2 pieces of id that show you live at the address you claim to live at. The pieces of id can be an electric bill and a gas bill, no need to prove your a citizen.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2018, 12:00:38 am »
Where I live you can register to vote and vote on the day of the election with 2 pieces of id that show you live at the address you claim to live at. The pieces of id can be an electric bill and a gas bill, no need to prove your a citizen.

And, no way to tell if you are voting elsewhere also. 

Offline bilo

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2018, 01:30:34 am »
And, no way to tell if you are voting elsewhere also.

Absolutely right! I'm still convinced the write ballots is where at least half of the systematic fraud occurs. The other half being people voting multiple times and illegal aliens voting. It just shows how brilliant the founders were in setting up an electoral college. It at least firewalls the fraud to a few states.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2018, 02:13:48 am »

And the Dems will churn out fake electric or gas bills and hand them out like candy.
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2018, 02:48:50 am »
Ever notice when the court swings against a liberal ideal it is deemed "Controversial" by the lames?

Updated 11:19 a.m. ET

By a 5-4 margin, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld a controversial Ohio voter-purge law.

It's known as the "use-it-or-lose-it" law, and it's the most aggressive voter-purge system in the country. The state currently strikes voters from the registration rolls if they fail to vote in two consecutive elections — and if they fail to return a mailed address confirmation form.

Those challenging the law said it violated the National Voting Rights Act, which says that a state cannot strike someone from the rolls for failure to vote. The emphasis is to get more people to vote — and not have them purged.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/11/618870982/supreme-court-upholds-controversial-ohio-voter-purge-law

Yup.  I honestly have no idea what makes this case controversial, other than that the liberals on the Court are clearly acting out of partisan political motives.