Author Topic: Crisis at the National Archives  (Read 4855 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Crisis at the National Archives
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2018, 06:47:28 pm »
Apparently it doesn't matter to anybody the story at the top of the thread is not about President Trump tearing up papers.  It's about Obastard destroying documents, a more serious matter.   :shrug:

It's a pity this turned into a Trump War thread.  This could have been a good discussion.

I guess people can't chew gum and type at the same time.  The topics are related and it could have been a good discussion about the importance of making sure that all records that belong archived actually get and stay there.  Instead of asking Suppressed to post a separate topic people bitch that Thing 2 is completely unlike Thing 1 and the the whole effing thread is closed. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2018, 06:55:11 pm »
I guess people can't chew gum and type at the same time. 

I guess not, if there is a way for the subject of Trump to be dragged in.  Then it ends up yet another AT vs NT argument.  I'm hardly seeing any posts about the Archives.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2018, 07:05:24 pm »
I guess not, if there is a way for the subject of Trump to be dragged in.  Then it ends up yet another AT vs NT argument.  I'm hardly seeing any posts about the Archives.

Those arguments seem to happen, not just because Trump is brought up. If the story had been that Trump found out about this and was ordering an investigation (or whatever) things would have been fine.

But the stories are related and AT doesn't seem to be able to handle it being pointed out that Trump is not helping a situation with his actions.  The convo could have been as simple as 'That's interesting' in response to Suppressed's article, but instead it was a whinefest about being off topic.  It was the whining that was off topic.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2018, 07:09:59 pm »
Those arguments seem to happen, not just because Trump is brought up. If the story had been that Trump found out about this and was ordering an investigation (or whatever) things would have been fine.

But the stories are related and AT doesn't seem to be able to handle it being pointed out that Trump is not helping a situation with his actions.  The convo could have been as simple as 'That's interesting' in response to Suppressed's article, but instead it was a whinefest about being off topic.  It was the whining that was off topic.

My mistake...I thought that was already another thread (because I read it), but I was wrong.  Probably should have been, but that's not my call....

And I am not one to call Mods "whiners."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2018, 07:15:00 pm »

@RoosGirl

Its customary to ping those you are accusing of whining @MOD3
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2018, 07:18:20 pm »
@RoosGirl

Mod 3 sucks. Just a baggy pant wearing boxer shorts showing Thug Mod.   The only Mod I every cared for was #2.   And he/she has been MIA ever since, since....well since a long time. :shrug:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2018, 07:21:03 pm »
Mod 3 sucks. Just a baggy pant wearing boxer shorts showing Thug Mod.   The only Mod I every cared for was #2.   And he/she has been MIA ever since, since....well since a long time. :shrug:

They all suck, especially @MOD8

Anarchy rules, long live ANARCHY!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2018, 07:26:07 pm »
@RoosGirl

My apologies for not pinging you @driftdiver

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2018, 07:27:05 pm »
My apologies for not pinging you @driftdiver

@RoosGirl
Thats ok, I'm used to be stabbed in the back.  Perhaps thats why I find Trudeau's behavior unacceptable.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2018, 07:33:18 pm »
@RoosGirl
Thats ok, I'm used to be stabbed in the back.  Perhaps thats why I find Trudeau's behavior unacceptable.

I prefer stabbing in the front so I can see the look of shock and disappointment in their eyes.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2018, 07:45:24 pm »
I prefer stabbing in the front so I can see the look of shock and disappointment in their eyes.

Hah!  I always knew you are a Sammich Pro, you even have the little toothpicks for sammiches.
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2018, 07:47:03 pm »
There should be jail time for somebody.  Laws are broken.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WingNot

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2018, 07:48:34 pm »
Hah!  I always knew you are a Sammich Pro, you even have the little toothpicks for sammiches.

Lady Fingers? 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2018, 07:53:42 pm »

Of course I can cook, I'm from the South.  But, one would be wise to take into account my personality when requesting food.  🖤

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2018, 07:55:26 pm »
There should be jail time for somebody.  Laws are broken.

Yup.  We have another Sandy Burglar at work here.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2018, 07:58:15 pm »
Apparently it doesn't matter to anybody the story at the top of the thread is not about President Trump tearing up papers.  It's about Obastard destroying documents, a more serious matter.   :shrug:

It's a pity this turned into a Trump War thread.  This could have been a good discussion.

@Cyber Liberty

I think destroying documents is a problem regardless of who does it.  It's a shame others have differential outrage.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2018, 08:00:06 pm »
Yup.  We have another Sandy Burglar at work here.

Exactly!

There's some question about whether electronic document management will improve this problem or not.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2018, 08:01:58 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I think destroying documents is a problem regardless of who does it.  It's a shame others have differential outrage.

It's hard to get a singular outrage when the problem isn't being discussed at all, no?
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2018, 08:03:00 pm »
But, one would be wise to take into account my personality when requesting food.  🖤

Toxic?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2018, 08:03:55 pm »
Exactly!

There's some question about whether electronic document management will improve this problem or not.

The problem in the original topic is the documents aren't anywhere to be found in order to get them into a digital management system.  They disappeared somewhere between the White House and the Archive. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2018, 08:04:50 pm »
Toxic?

Naw, she would never do that.  Maybe some Montequma's Revenge, but she wouldn't kill anybody.  Just make them wish they were dead.
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2018, 08:06:55 pm »
Exactly!

@Suppressed
There is no question that electronic document management improves document storage.  When you have millions of documents the only way to store documents dependably is electronic.   Doesn't mean its fool proof.  It still requires integrity and doing your job.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2018, 08:09:08 pm »
Naw, she would never do that.  Maybe some Montequma's Revenge, but she wouldn't kill anybody.  Just make them wish they were dead.

Exlax brownies?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2018, 08:10:50 pm »
Kinda funny that people hand Trump documents that don't exist anywhere else. Have they heard about computers? Digital copies?
Countdown to Resignation