Author Topic: What to do when someone is suicidal  (Read 493 times)

rangerrebew

What to do when someone is suicidal
« on: June 10, 2018, 03:02:49 pm »

June 9, 2018 by From Mayo Clinic News Network, Mayo Clinic News Network

The U.S. suicide rate is increasing in almost every state, according a report released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Suicide is listed as a leading cause of death in the report, and more than half the people who died by suicide did not have a known mental health condition. The CDC says "other problems contribute to suicide, such as those related to relationships; substance use; physical health; and job, money, legal or housing stress."

When someone says they are thinking about suicide or makes comments that sound as if he or she is considering suicide, it's upsetting. You may not be sure what to do to help. You might wonder if you should take talk of suicide seriously, or if your intervention might worsen the situation. Taking action is always the best choice. Here's what to do.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-06-suicidal.html

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: What to do when someone is suicidal
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 11:18:15 pm »
I give them something to read because reading is relaxing, that's why I keep a few copies of this book around, just in case.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 11:22:28 pm »
Don't mind me, I'm just here for the ideas.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 11:26:05 pm »

Wipe down fingerprints. A suicide can turn into a murder investigation really fast.