Author Topic: Trump: America Will No Longer Be the ‘Piggy Bank that Everyone is Robbing’  (Read 922 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump: America Will No Longer Be the ‘Piggy Bank that Everyone is Robbing’
Breitbart, Jun 9, 2018, John Carney

Donald Trump concluded his trip to the Group of 7 (G7) economics conference in Canada with a combative, unscheduled statement in which he promised that the United States would no longer be the “piggy bank that everyone is robbing.”

Flanked by Economic Adviser Larry Kudlow and National Security Adviser John Bolton, Trump said the ultimate goal of U.S. trade policy was the elimination of tariffs and subsidies. But short of that, he also pledged the U.S. would raise its own trade barriers to combat unfair trade practices around the world.

“We’re like the piggy bank that everybody’s robbing and that ends,” Trump said.

Trump praised the G7 nations for what he described as their efforts to “take advantage” of weak U.S. leadership

“I blame our leaders and I congratulate leaders of other countries for taking advantage of our leaders,” Trump said. “It’s going to stop. Or we’ll stop trading with them. And that’s a very profitable answer, if we have to do it.”

More:  http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/06/09/trump-america-will-no-longer-be-the-piggy-bank-that-everyone-is-robbing/

Oceander

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I thought this was covered under the other stories. Why post it again? What's the point?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:57:39 am by TomSea »

John Bolton
Verified accountï‚™ @AmbJohnBolton 

Just another #G7 where other countries expect America will always be their bank. The President made it clear today. No more.

3:56 PM - 9 Jun 2018

https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/status/1005584419304898566

I thought this was covered under the other stories. Why post it again? What's the point?

Not everyone reads through every thread @TomSea   This encapsulates the core of the summit so it's been posted separately.  Why the hell get upset about it?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

vicarious  (vÄ«-kâr′ē-É™s, vÄ­-)

adj.

1. Experienced or felt by empathy with or imaginary participation in the life of another person
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

vicarious  (vÄ«-kâr′ē-É™s, vÄ­-)

adj.

1. Experienced or felt by empathy with or imaginary participation in the life of another person

While no one asked for your personal worldview and raison d'être, thanks for sharing it.   :beer:

Offline edpc

While no one asked for your personal worldview and raison d'être, thanks for sharing it.

When you’re dusting off your 'worldview' and 'raison d'être' hackneyed routine, I know I was correct.     :cool:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 02:34:51 pm by edpc »

Online Hoodat

The  most prolific robber of America's piggy bank is its own government.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

^^^THIS!

And Trump was right there giving the Beast a giant helping hand to the tune of nearly 3 Trillion dollars in deficit spending.  Robbing not only from us, but our posterity to the 3rd and 4th generations.

I'm less worried about other nations being able to dump cheap goods into our market than I am our own government spending us into oblivion with all the Social Welfare crap and explosive government oversight programs.

As far as other nation's 'robbing' from this 'piggy bank' - if memory serves, it is our own government that puts it's greasy hands into that piggy bank to hand it to those nations they want to give a helping hand.  You know, like Iran, the Palestinians, ISIS and so forth under Obama.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 05:16:22 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

So, instead, Trump has America rob Anericans.

Great.

That's not an alternative I prefer.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

Oh, come on now....

Everyone knows it’s the unfair trade polices of the last decade that raised our GDP/debt ratio from 68 up to 106 percent.  Right?    :pondering:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Bolton
‏Verified account @AmbJohnBolton

Just another #G7 where other countries expect America will always be their bank. The President made it clear today. No more.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34