Author Topic: College Student Who Falsely Accused Football Players Of Rape Heading To Prison  (Read 766 times)

rangerrebew

College Student Who Falsely Accused Football Players Of Rape Heading To Prison

ByJames Barrett
June 8, 2018

A female college student who was facing six years in prison after admitting to falsely accusing two football players of raping her has gotten off relatively easy: As the result of a last-minute plea deal, former Sacred Heart University student Nikki Yovino will only spend one year behind bars, if that. Meanwhile, both of the falsely accused men have left the school after saying they were dismissed from the team and had their scholarships revoked, which the school has disputed.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31637/college-student-who-falsely-accused-james-barrett

Offline Applewood

Not nearly enough punishment, but fine with me.  This is what bothers me about MeToo and even ordinary individual cases like this one.  How many people are being falsely accused without evidence, tried in the court of public opinion and ruined, while their accusers are not punished? 

These guys should sue her/her family.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
College Student Who Falsely Accused Football Players Of Rape Heading To Prison

ByJames Barrett
June 8, 2018

A female college student who was facing six years in prison after admitting to falsely accusing two football players of raping her has gotten off relatively easy: As the result of a last-minute plea deal, former Sacred Heart University student Nikki Yovino will only spend one year behind bars, if that. Meanwhile, both of the falsely accused men have left the school after saying they were dismissed from the team and had their scholarships revoked, which the school has disputed.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31637/college-student-who-falsely-accused-james-barrett

Good! I hope they get their scholarships back and get their names cleared.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Oceander

Not nearly enough punishment, but fine with me.  This is what bothers me about MeToo and even ordinary individual cases like this one.  How many people are being falsely accused without evidence, tried in the court of public opinion and ruined, while their accusers are not punished? 

These guys should sue her/her family.

Why her family?  What did they have to do with it?

Offline Applewood

Why her family?  What did they have to do with it?

I don't see her age.  Could she still be a minor or was she a minor at the time of her accusations?  I don't know what the law is, but perhaps there might be a claim against the parents if she is/was a  minor dependent. 

Oceander

I don't see her age.  Could she still be a minor or was she a minor at the time of her accusations?  I don't know what the law is, but perhaps there might be a claim against the parents if she is/was a  minor dependent. 

Even assuming she was a minor, on what basis would there be a claim against her family?  Blood libel?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't think her parents are the appropriate target anyway.  The school who kicked the player out should be, and the fact the school is disputing the expulsion from the team is a strong indication they know that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

I don't think her parents are the appropriate target anyway.  The school who kicked the player out should be, and the fact the school is disputing the expulsion from the team is a strong indication they know that.

Agreed.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Am glad this is getting publicity.

Lying about something as serious as rape should be considered very serious as false accusations impede convictions of real rapists.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Am glad this is getting publicity.

Lying about something as serious as rape should be considered very serious as false accusations impede convictions of real rapists.

Unfortunately, the light sentence she got tells me we're a long way from that ideal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: