Author Topic: Former burn pit inspector says warnings were largely ignored by Pentagon officials during Iraq War  (Read 281 times)

rangerrebew

Former burn pit inspector says warnings were largely ignored by Pentagon officials during Iraq War

By Perry Chiaramonte, Lea Gabrielle

Published June 07, 2018
FoxNews.com

FOX NEWS EXCLUSIVE –  It was over a decade ago when U.S. Army Lt. Col. Dan Brewer was faced with the daunting task of finding a solution to control the toxic fumes hanging over the military bases across Iraq.

As a part of a multi-national force, he was dispatched to different locations across the region to examine the burn pits being used to incinerate numerous types of waste. To this day, Brewer vividly remembers what he saw—and smelled – while examining the flaming, open-air pits.

“I’d get to new base camp, I could follow my nose and find it. They didn’t have to tell me where it was, I just followed my nose,” Brewer said in an exclusive interview with Fox News at his home in Leesburg, Ga. “It’s like if you ever smelled a dead animal. You may not be able to describe it, but you’ll know it the next time you smell it.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/07/former-burn-pit-inspector-says-warnings-were-largely-ignored-by-pentagon-officials-during-iraq-war.html