Author Topic: Trump hits the world stage, Day 1: Come late, leave early, offend host, alienate allies  (Read 609 times)

Offline Suppressed

Trump hits the world stage, Day 1: Come late, leave early, offend host, alienate allies
The president made quite an impression at the G-7 meeting in Canada on Friday. Saturday he departs to Singapore for his summit with Kim Jong Un.
by Jonathan Allen / Jun.08.2018 / 6:37 PM ET
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-world-stage-come-late-leave-early-offend-host-alienate-n881576

QUEBEC CITY — The world is getting a good look at the two faces of the Trump administration at this week's G-7 meeting in Charlevoix, Canada: One is that of a team of government officials working hard to find common ground with like-minded nations on a wide range of policy issues, while the other is that of a president who at times seems bent on taking a hammer to the whole process.

[...]

And there's good reason for Trump to want to upend the table and reposition all the pieces. His trade battles with allies, including Canada and the European Union, have left the U.S. isolated at these talks. As a result, Trump's in danger of being faced with the choice of either being excluded from any agreement on economic and security issues or joining with nations he says are cheating American workers.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Trump hits the world stage, Day 1: Come late, leave early, offend host, alienate allies"

Some of the so-called "allies" we have could be usin' a little "alienatin'" ... !!

Offline dfwgator

The butthurt is strong with this one.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
The butthurt is strong with this one.

He's a hater.   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RedHead

Come late, leave early, offend host, alienate allies

His work there is done.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon