Author Topic: Anthony Bourdain dead at 61  (Read 2715 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Anthony Bourdain dead at 61
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2018, 12:48:40 am »
I'd never heard of Anthony Bourdain until today...

Neither had I ......

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2018, 12:52:34 am »
@dfwgator

I don't know about that, and I certainly hope not.  I've never seen a clear Scriptural answer for suicide.  If he was mentally ill, and he seems to have been, he wasn't in his right mind.  God would take that into account.

I agree with this @CatherineofAragon  It's too difficult to believe a loving God would throw away a wounded child.

Silver Pines

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2018, 12:53:46 am »
@CatherineofAragon

Please read "kitchen confidential " or "medium raw". Incredible talent. And super enjoyable

@Freya

Okay, they're going on the list.

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2018, 12:55:01 am »
Suicide is sad and it is not the answer but people who do this are not in their right mind. I know during a very short time of my life I was very very depressed I had a husband who was abusing me both physically and emotionally. I was going through a divorce to get away and was stopped by the judge who said if I left the house I would loose my two boys who were still home my other two were grown so I was stuck in our home with him and even after he went to jail for slugging me the judge still allowed him to stay. When he kept blocking the divorce which back in 1985 in Michigan could go on forever my depression was awful and I tried suicide. I meant it too I waited for everyone to go to bed started both cars in the garage took some over the counter sleeping pills and lay down in my car with a pillow and blanket and went to sleep didn't wake up till the next day my oldest my daughter was home for the weekend she never came downstairs to get a snack but that night she did and heard the cars and found me. Never since that night have I ever wanted to commit suicide. The judge was retired by force and I was given my divorce a few weeks later. I love life and always except for those few days after two years of continual abuse have thought I could do that. It made me a very strong woman after that I vowed never to let anyone or anything bury me in depression again and it hasn't. I love life and am so glad I didn't succeed I have now lived 33 years longer and enjoyed every minute of it. God was with me that night or I wouldn't be here but if I had died I do believe he would have understood how sick I was to try it the real me never would have I can barely believe it ever happened. These people just were to depressed to think straight.

@raml

Oh, my God, what an account.  So thankful you lived.

Silver Pines

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2018, 12:57:04 am »
@CatherineofAragon

I saw the episode he filmed in Jerusalem and didn't care if I never saw another one of his films.  He laughed at the idea of religion, said he did not believe in God and he made fun of religious sites there.  I was shocked he did that.  He was kind in other countries about their customs, but he was like a different person in Jerusalem.  He wanted people to know he did not believe in God.

@Victoria33

Yeah, he definitely had many of the qualities of the typical liberal...just like you describe.  I just hope that somehow God was able to get through to him in his last moments.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2018, 02:16:28 am »
@Victoria33
Yeah, he definitely had many of the qualities of the typical liberal...just like you describe.  I just hope that somehow God was able to get through to him in his last moments.
@CatherineofAragon

I didn't mean to suggest he was a liberal - I didn't know his politics.  I just knew he didn't believe in God because he said it in the film.  It surprised me he would say that, but he was being true to those who would see the film.  His coverage of the religious locations was poor since he didn't believe any of it.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2018, 01:20:37 pm »
Two bizarre stories from NY Post:
Asia Argento posts and deletes bizarre pic before Bourdain’s death was reported
By Lia Eustachewich and Ruth Brown
June 8, 2018 | 2:17pm

Asia Argento posted — and later deleted — a bizarre message on social media just before her boyfriend Anthony Bourdain committed suicide, according to reports.

Three hours before his death was first reported, the Italian actress posted an Instagram story that showed her wearing a ripped, black T-shirt that read, “F–K EVERYONE” — with the cryptic caption, “You know who you are,” in an image obtained by People  ...  rest of story

and this  *****rollingeyes*****
Barack Obama pays tribute to Anthony Bourdain
By Lia Eustachewich
June 8, 2018 | 12:50p

“Low plastic stool, cheap but delicious noodles, cold Hanoi beer.” This is how I’ll remember Tony. He taught us about food — but more importantly, about its ability to bring us together. To make us a little less afraid of the unknown. We’ll miss him. pic.twitter.com/orEXIaEMZM

— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) June 8, 2018
Former President Barack Obama tweeted a heartfelt post about Anthony Bourdain‘s legacy as a globe-trotter who brought people together with food.  ...

Bourdain and Obama notably shared a $6 meal in Vietnam in a 2016 episode of his show “Parts Unknown.”  ... rest of story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2018, 02:06:32 pm »
Suicide is sad and it is not the answer but people who do this are not in their right mind. I know during a very short time of my life I was very very depressed I had a husband who was abusing me both physically and emotionally. I was going through a divorce to get away and was stopped by the judge who said if I left the house I would loose my two boys who were still home my other two were grown so I was stuck in our home with him and even after he went to jail for slugging me the judge still allowed him to stay. When he kept blocking the divorce which back in 1985 in Michigan could go on forever my depression was awful and I tried suicide. I meant it too I waited for everyone to go to bed started both cars in the garage took some over the counter sleeping pills and lay down in my car with a pillow and blanket and went to sleep didn't wake up till the next day my oldest my daughter was home for the weekend she never came downstairs to get a snack but that night she did and heard the cars and found me. Never since that night have I ever wanted to commit suicide. The judge was retired by force and I was given my divorce a few weeks later. I love life and always except for those few days after two years of continual abuse have thought I could do that. It made me a very strong woman after that I vowed never to let anyone or anything bury me in depression again and it hasn't. I love life and am so glad I didn't succeed I have now lived 33 years longer and enjoyed every minute of it. God was with me that night or I wouldn't be here but if I had died I do believe he would have understood how sick I was to try it the real me never would have I can barely believe it ever happened. These people just were to depressed to think straight.

What a powerful testimony, thank for sharing something so personal with us.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn