Author Topic: KFC Will Test Vegetarian ‘Fried Chicken,’ Original Herbs and Spices Included  (Read 812 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Ceylan Yeginsu

June 8, 2018

LONDON — KFC says it’s cooking up a new, healthier recipe, one that will be missing the restaurant chain’s most famous ingredient: chicken.

The company famous for its “finger lickin’ ” Southern fried chicken announced this week that it was testing chicken-like “vegetarian options” in Britain with its signature blend of herbs and spices.

“Development of the recipe is still in its very early stages, and so the options we’re exploring in our kitchen are still top secret,” a spokesman for KFC said in a statement.

“Once we’ve perfected the recipe, we aim to test with customers this year, and if all goes well, we hope to launch a new vegetarian option in 2019.”

The spokesman declined to comment on whether the menu item would go global.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/08/world/europe/kfc-vegetarian-chicken-uk.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I bet it doesn't taste like chicken
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
How can anyone call something that contains no chicken, fried chicken? That's like believing that Peking Duck they bring you out from the kitchen in China is actually not only from the duck they presented to you for approval, but actually duck.

is not

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Ever ate a wallaby? tastes like chicken.  Everything tastes like chicken?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

Good them for expanding their reach. So long as good old real chicken remains available, a vegetable-based alternative is welcome.   

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I built a time machine. I went back in time. To the dinosaurs.

I caught a T-Rex and ate it. Tasted like chicken.

{dinosaurs were birds}
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

{dinosaurs were birds}

Oceander

{dinosaurs were birds}

That, or birds are dinosaurs.  Which implies that everything tastes like dinosaur.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yes
That is true.....
Everything taste like dinosaur.