Author Topic: Mueller brings new charges against Paul Manafort  (Read 1487 times)

Offline corbe

Mueller brings new charges against Paul Manafort
« on: June 08, 2018, 07:38:10 pm »
Mueller brings new charges against Paul Manafort

By Olivia Beavers and Avery Anapol - 06/08/18 02:03 PM EDT

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has been hit with new charges filed by special counsel Robert Mueller's office.

Mueller filed a superseding indictment Friday in a D.C. court that brought two new accounts against Manafort and Konstantin Kilimnik, a longtime Manafort aide.

The two new counts, which layer onto five previously issued charges, accuse Manafort and Kiliminik, who ran the Kiev office of Manafort’s political consulting company Davis Manafort Partners, of obstructing justice and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/391394-manafort-hit-with-superseding-indictment
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Mueller brings new charges against Paul Manafort
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 07:39:33 pm »
This gig of his has really gone to his head.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 07:46:41 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 08:00:03 pm »
This gig of his has really gone to his head.

What do you find wrong with the indictment?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 08:08:48 pm »
What do you find wrong with the indictment?

Screw the indictment that isn't what has me pissed.  What I find despicable is how Herr Mueller never happen to notice the MANY crimes Hillary, Barack, Holder, Lynch, Comey, McCabe, Lois Lerner etc commited when he was on "the Job".  But now this SOB's witch hunt is doing nothing but wasting out tax dollars and padding his fat cat wallet. 

Okay.  Ohmmmm Ohmmmm Ohmmmmm 

all better now.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 08:15:17 pm »
   We could have had a Real Conservative in 76, instead of the peanut farmer and again 40 years later instead of Trump, if not for this azzholes Convention shenanigans.  Spending the rest of his life in jail is too good for him, I'd rather he burn in hell, one place Trump can't pardon him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 08:20:28 pm »
"From approximately 2006 through 2017".   Looks like Manafort is dirty, and all of this pre-dated his involvement with the Trump campaign. 

The timing is interesting also in that, while this was being investigated before Trump became the GOP candidate, the prosecution only came about after the election.  May just be a coincidence.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 08:24:30 pm »
"From approximately 2006 through 2017".   Looks like Manafort is dirty, and all of this pre-dated his involvement with the Trump campaign. 

May just be a coincidence.

Gibbs Rule #39   Saunguine.

Ask @txradioguy about it!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 08:30:20 pm »
Throw whatever you can at the guy and see what sticks?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 09:24:44 pm »

The timing is interesting also in that, while this was being investigated before Trump became the GOP candidate, the prosecution only came about after the election.  May just be a coincidence.

Manafort hadn't been relevant in American politics for decades.  He'd spent most of the 21st Century doing known, publicized work with Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska and Ukrainian politician, Viktor Yanukovych - both had Putin links.  Yanukovych fled in 2014 to Russia and his corruption became obvious in the aftermath.  The campaign either maintained willful ignorance of Manafort's connections or he's exactly what they wanted.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 09:46:06 pm »
As Judge Eliis said, this charge-hanging is all about making Manafort sing.  Nobody gives a crap about these charges.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 10:38:06 pm »

Manafort hadn't been relevant in American politics for decades.  He'd spent most of the 21st Century doing known, publicized work with Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska and Ukrainian politician, Viktor Yanukovych - both had Putin links.  Yanukovych fled in 2014 to Russia and his corruption became obvious in the aftermath.  The campaign either maintained willful ignorance of Manafort's connections or he's exactly what they wanted.

As usual, there is more than two options - another one being that they didn't know he was being investigated and/or that he was dirty.

Offline edpc

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 10:54:15 pm »
As usual, there is more than two options - another one being that they didn't know he was being investigated and/or that he was dirty.

The campaign advisors couldn't, as anyone involved in politics, not know about his work with the Ukrainian election and the events following.  If so, they'd be the most incompetent staff ever assembled.  One contribution to the purges at TOS was the argument over appointing Manafort to the campaign manager position.  Some people already heavily suspected or knew he was a millstone.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 11:04:03 pm »

The campaign advisors couldn't, as anyone involved in politics, not know about his work with the Ukrainian election and the events following.  If so, they'd be the most incompetent staff ever assembled.  One contribution to the purges at TOS was the argument over appointing Manafort to the campaign manager position.  Some people already heavily suspected or knew he was a millstone.

They're not indicting him for working with Ukranians.   I agree that he wasn't a good choice and should have been better vetted, but I doubt they knew what Mueller claims to know.

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 11:50:34 pm »
They're not indicting him for working with Ukranians.

No, but the point is, he did work with known corrupt people.  It should have been a red flag to most people.  The Clintons were up to their eyeballs in Whitewater, but they couldn’t get the McDougals to flip.  Manafort’s background probably wasn’t a problem for Trump, because many of his foreign projects are in places where graft is common.  If the ever did forensics on his Panama and Azerbaijan dealings, it would probably be messy.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 11:54:26 pm by edpc »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 12:03:20 am »

No, but the point is, he did work with known corrupt people.  It should have been a red flag to most people.  The Clintons were up to their eyeballs in Whitewater, but they couldn’t get the McDougals to flip.  Manafort’s background probably wasn’t a problem for Trump, because many of his foreign projects are in places where graft is common.  If the ever did forensics on his Panama and Azerbaijan dealings, it would probably be messy.

If who did forensics?  Wouldn't that kind of stuff go through the FBI?  Who were almost certainly not telling the Trump campaign what they knew?

Offline edpc

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 12:22:43 am »
If who did forensics?  Wouldn't that kind of stuff go through the FBI?  Who were almost certainly not telling the Trump campaign what they knew?

I’m not certain I understand the premise.  Yes, the FBI would probably look into business deals, especially after the Cohen case was opened.  I don’t know if they were investigating that aspect during the campaign.  If they were, they wouldn’t have made that known.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2018, 12:30:02 am »

I’m not certain I understand the premise.  Yes, the FBI would probably look into business deals, especially after the Cohen case was opened.  I don’t know if they were investigating that aspect during the campaign.  If they were, they wouldn’t have made that known.

Then we do agree.  As you say, the FBI would not have told the Trump campaign what they were investigating and they would be the ones who would know that Manafort was a problem, and so there may have been no way for the Trump campaign to know what a problem Manafort was. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2018, 12:40:02 am »
Then we do agree.  As you say, the FBI would not have told the Trump campaign what they were investigating and they would be the ones who would know that Manafort was a problem, and so there may have been no way for the Trump campaign to know what a problem Manafort was.

Well, we may agree on the fact the FBI would not of told him, but perhaps disagree on whether it was their responsibility.  Nevertheless, I don’t think that Manafort was potentially dirty was a big surprise to anyone.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2018, 02:54:53 am »
Gibbs Rule #39   Saunguine.

Ask @txradioguy about it!

@Wingnut that rule holds true 100% of the time.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 03:10:22 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 03:33:19 am »
Mueller is going to indict Manafart tomorrow for J-Walking in Boston in 1987.