Author Topic: Trump Slaps Nancy Pelosi With This New Nickname  (Read 646 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Trump Slaps Nancy Pelosi With This New Nickname
« on: June 07, 2018, 01:53:53 pm »
“MS-13 lover.”  :silly:

President Donald Trump gave a new nickname to Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi in a tweet encouraging California Republicans to turn out for House Majority leader Kevin McCarthy.

Trump has targeted Pelosi repeatedly since she defended the humanity of MS-13 gang criminals calling her an “MS-13 lover.” He also told supporters at a recent rally that Democrats are “more interested in taking care of criminals than they are in taking care of you.”

In a recent public appearance, Trump declared, “I notice, recently, [that] Democrats like Nancy Pelosi, as an example, are trying to defend MS-13 gang members. I called them ‘animals’ the other day. I was met with rebuke. They said, ‘They’re people.’ They’re not people. These are animals.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/05/trump-nancy-pelosi-new-nickname/
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump Slaps Nancy Pelosi With This New Nickname
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 02:06:29 pm »
“MS-13 lover.”  :silly:

President Donald Trump gave a new nickname to Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi in a tweet encouraging California Republicans to turn out for House Majority leader Kevin McCarthy.

Trump has targeted Pelosi repeatedly since she defended the humanity of MS-13 gang criminals calling her an “MS-13 lover.” He also told supporters at a recent rally that Democrats are “more interested in taking care of criminals than they are in taking care of you.”

In a recent public appearance, Trump declared, “I notice, recently, [that] Democrats like Nancy Pelosi, as an example, are trying to defend MS-13 gang members. I called them ‘animals’ the other day. I was met with rebuke. They said, ‘They’re people.’ They’re not people. These are animals.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/05/trump-nancy-pelosi-new-nickname/

I honestly admire Trump's ability to flip the narrative on some issues.  "Fake News" originally was used as a perjorative for pro-Trump media reports.  The left used the term first.  But Trump picked it right up, and then relentlessly pushed the term as applying to his critics instead.  And now, the MSM basically acknowledges that "fake news" amounts to an unfair attack on "legitimate" media.

He's now doing the same thing with MS-13.  The left jumped all over his initial statement as referring to all immigrants as "animals".  But he's been pounding the "MS-13 are animals" phrase so hard that he's shifted the debate to Democrats having to defend MS-13 members.  He's grabbed the high ground again, and Democrats don't realize they should just drop the issue.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 02:16:05 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Spot on analysis.  It has worked well for him.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 02:25:40 pm »
Like to see Nancy slapped with a rotten halibut as well.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 02:28:28 pm »
Like to see Nancy slapped with a rotten halibut as well.

I think Roos knows where you can lay your hands on one.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 10:44:58 pm »
Major Martin wrote:
"I honestly admire Trump's ability to flip the narrative on some issues.  "Fake News" originally was used as a perjorative for pro-Trump media reports.  The left used the term first.  But Trump picked it right up, and then relentlessly pushed the term as applying to his critics instead.  And now, the MSM basically acknowledges that "fake news" amounts to an unfair attack on "legitimate" media."

Well, sir, I understand that is kinda called "fighting back".
Giving it back to them rougher and tougher than they gave it to you.

After having to endure so many political milquetoasts and mealy-mouths, isn't it downright refreshing to have a president who isn't afraid to do that...?

C'mon, Mr. Trump.
Keep swinging !!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 10:57:54 pm »
Not a good one.  "MS-13 Nan" sounds better.

In my misspent youte, a "N-Lover" had specific connotations that Trump doesn't want to get quoted saying.  Might have been a Michigan/Detroit thang.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: