Author Topic: Seasonal Depression Doesn't Just Happen in the Winter. Here's What to Know About Summertime Sadness  (Read 729 times)

rangerrebew

Seasonal Depression Doesn't Just Happen in the Winter. Here's What to Know About Summertime Sadness

By Jamie Ducharme June 5, 2018

As a kid, Krista Golden loved to play outside in her family’s yard when the weather turned nice. But by her mid-twenties, something changed.

“As I’ve gotten older, I’d rather be by myself and stay in the house during the summer,” says Golden, who is 43 and lives in Ohio. “I just accepted it as, ‘This is me.'”

http://time.com/5287625/summer-seasonal-affective-disorder/

Silver Pines

I don't get depressed, and I like sunlight, but I hate summer with everything in me. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I don't get depressed, and I like sunlight, but I hate summer with everything in me.

I suppose it could depend on how temperate the climate is June, July and August.   

Growing up in the Great Lakes states...Summer is magic.   Humid/arid states...not so much.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

I suppose it could depend on how temperate the climate is June, July and August.   

Growing up in the Great Lakes states...Summer is magic.   Humid/arid states...not so much.

@DCPatriot, what kind of temperatures did you have up there during the summer?

We've had a lot of rain, and it's as humid as a jungle.  When you drive out of the garage, the car windows fog up.  Just nasty.