Author Topic: Justice Department to show lawmakers classified materials on FBI source  (Read 809 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
In a significant shift, the Justice Department will extend an offer on Thursday to top lawmakers on Capitol Hill to review certain documents related to the FBI's use of a confidential intelligence source during the 2016 presidential campaign, according to a senior Justice Department official.

The move represented a notable concession for the department in an ongoing saga over the FBI source who reportedly met with at least three Trump campaign aides during the campaign -- a point President Donald Trump has seized on in recent weeks to assert, without evidence, that his campaign was wrongfully spied on.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/07/politics/gang-of-eight-fbi-source-materials/index.html
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Are we getting truth from these Justice liars or is this more smoke and mirrors?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Justice Department to show lawmakers classified materials on FBI source
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 02:00:59 pm »
Justice Department to show lawmakers classified materials on FBI source
CNN Digital Expansion 2017

By Laura Jarrett, CNN

Updated 8:21 AM ET, Thu June 7, 2018

(CNN)In a significant shift, the Justice Department will extend an offer on Thursday to top lawmakers on Capitol Hill to review certain documents related to the FBI's use of a confidential intelligence source during the 2016 presidential campaign early next week, according to a senior Justice Department official.

The move represented a notable concession for the department in an ongoing saga over the FBI source who reportedly met with at least three Trump campaign aides during the campaign -- a point President Donald Trump has seized on in recent weeks to assert, without evidence, that his campaign was wrongfully spied on.

House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes served the department with a subpoena for the documents, threatening to hold Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein in contempt of Congress on several occasions if he did not turn them over.

Initially, the Justice Department resisted providing Congress with the materials, fearing the source's life would be placed at risk, but it later decided to provide members with classified briefings to answer questions.

more
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/07/politics/gang-of-eight-fbi-source-materials/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Are we getting truth from these Justice liars or is this more smoke and mirrors?

How can we tell?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
How can we tell?

If their lips are moving is always a good indication....
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yes....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Give them enough time and they can 'show' anything on a website. Hell, they can even produce an image of a birth certificate....

A few memos and such should be a piece of cake.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis