Author Topic: Robert Reich: Is Trump Pushing America Towards a Second Civil War? | Opinion  (Read 451 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Funny I remember hearing the same stuff about Obama when He termed out?

Hmmm

Robert Reich
,Newsweek•June 6, 2018
Imagine that an impeachment resolution against Trump passes the House. Trump claims it’s the work of the “deep state.” Fox News’s Sean Hannity demands every honest patriot take to the streets. Right-wing social media call for war. As insurrection spreads, Trump commands the armed forces to side with the “patriots.”

Or it’s November 2020 and Trump has lost the election. He charges voter fraud, claiming that the “deep state” organized tens of millions of illegal immigrants to vote against him, and says he has an obligation not to step down. Demonstrations and riots ensue. Trump commands the armed forces to put them down.

If these sound far-fetched, consider Trump’s torrent of lies, his admiration for foreign dictators, his off-hand jokes about being “president for life” (Xi Xinping “was able to do that,” he told admirers in March. “I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll give that a shot some day."), and his increasing invocation of a “deep state” plot against him.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/robert-reich-trump-pushing-america-080003185.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline endicom

I guess this turd Reich hasn't noticed that the squadristi are on his side.

Offline Frank Cannon

Imagine that an impeachment resolution against Trump passes the House.

You have to imagine that because it ain't ever going to happen you dirty little midget.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

He is a greasy little stool sample isn't he.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Exactly.

No Mr. Reeiiiiiiiiiiiiiicchhhhhha - Trump is not pushing us into civil war.

You guys already started pushing for it long ago.

This is just the pushback portion that you don't like, and it would not have mattered who was in office from the GOP - you would have made the same accusation unless they were compromising 100% with you turds.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Exactly.

No Mr. Reeiiiiiiiiiiiiiicchhhhhha - Trump is not pushing us into civil war.

You guys already started pushing for it long ago.

This is just the pushback portion that you don't like, and it would not have mattered who was in office from the GOP - you would have made the same accusation unless they were compromising 100% with you turds.

They aren't the only one pushing for it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.