Author Topic: Talcum Powder Risks: 5 Reasons to Never Put Baby Powder on Your Skin Again  (Read 388 times)

rangerrebew

Talcum Powder Risks: 5 Reasons to Never Put Baby Powder on Your Skin Again

Talcum powder - Dr. Axe

Talcum powder. It seems innocent enough, but did you know scientists have been warning us about potential risks since the 1960s? Talcum powder is a mineral-based product used in baby powder and many other cosmetics. Although published health studies show a link between use of talcum powder and ovarian cancer, millions of men and women still use it to absorb moisture and promote freshness. (1) In fact, it’s still a popular diaper rash prevention tactic used in infants and young children.

Johnson & Johnson shelled out more than $700 million dollars in talcum powder/ovarian cancer-related lawsuit cases in 2016 and 2017 alone. Still, people continue to use products containing talc on themselves and their children. Maybe they aren’t convinced of the potential health hazards of talcum powder, even though many studies and case reports clearly point out its dangers.

https://draxe.com/talcum-powder/
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:34:16 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Next thing they will say is Vaccines cause autism.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
JOHNSON & JOHNSON BABY POWER

Current Ingredients:
Zea Mays (Corn) Starch,
Tricalcium Phohosphate (Note:  tricalcium phosphate is comparable to other calcium supplements)
Fragrance (Aloe Barbaderisis Leaf Extract),
Tocopheryl Acetate(Vitamin E)

"When talking about whether or not talcum powder is linked to cancer, it is important to distinguish between talc that contains asbestos and talc that is asbestos-free. Talc that has asbestos is generally accepted as being able to cause cancer if it is inhaled. This type of talc is not used in modern consumer products. Nov 13, 2017"

More information:  https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/talcum-powder-and-cancer.html
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 01:10:06 pm by Texas Yellow Rose »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
J&J has deep pockets, which is the true cause of cancer among people who use talc.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.