Author Topic: Levin: ‘This was a complete setup’ by Philadelphia Eagles management  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Levin: ‘This was a complete setup’ by Philadelphia Eagles management
Conservative Review, Jun 5, 2018, Phil Shiver

LevinTV host Mark Levin slammed the Philadelphia Eagles Tuesday night on his radio show, calling their handling of the team’s White House visit a “complete setup.”

According to a report from Politico, the White House was informed last week that 81 players were planning to attend the event. But on Monday, the Eagles organization notified the White House that only a handful of players and team representatives would attend.

Levin went on a tirade against the Eagles for attempting to “sabotage” the president.

Listen:

https://soundcloud.com/conservativereview/levin-this-was-a-complete-setup-by-philadelphia-eagles-management

“You can take your union, your football, and your football field and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine,” Levin blasted.

More:  https://www.conservativereview.com/news/levin-this-was-a-complete-setup-by-philadelphia-eagles-management/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm surprised that Trump fell for it.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm surprised that Trump fell for it.

???

Fell for 'what'?

The team told him a week ago that 49 people would be attending and at the last possible moment said just nine players and team personnel would be coming.

Trump wisely canceled.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
???

Fell for 'what'?

The team told him a week ago that 49 people would be attending and at the last possible moment said just nine players and team personnel would be coming.

Trump wisely canceled.

I'm with you on this. :amen:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Seriously he knows a con when he sees one. Besides, No one makes Donald T Trump Look Like A Possums Pecker.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Seriously he knows a con when he sees one. Besides, No one makes Donald T Trump Look Like A Possums Pecker.

So you're saying he knew it was a con, but he went for it anyway?   :shrug:

Offline WingNot

You are giving me a headache.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You are giving me a headache.

I already had one.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'm not sure you can say he "went for it."  Going for it would be accepting the half-dozen or so people from the team that were coming and let the media photographers record the snub.  He didn't do that, he canceled it and made a fan event out of it.

He would be smart to cancel all future plans for champion jocks coming to the White House for photo ops.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I already had one.

Share the wealth!   *girl beer*
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm not sure you can say he "went for it."  Going for it would be accepting the half-dozen or so people from the team that were coming and let the media photographers record the snub.  He didn't do that, he canceled it and made a fan event out of it.

He would be smart to cancel all future plans for champion jocks coming to the White House for photo ops.

I agree with that last sentence.  The only people who were harmed in this one was the players who had put themselves out there and agreed to attend. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I agree with that last sentence.  The only people who were harmed in this one was the players who had put themselves out there and agreed to attend.

I think that was one player.  All the rest decided to stick it to Trump out of "Team Solidarity."  But canceling all the future greets for any winning sports teams is the long-term way to go.

Lebron James, acting as official spokesman for both the Cavs and the Warriors, says nobody on either team will go to the White House after the Basketball Finals presently under way.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I think that was one player.  All the rest decided to stick it to Trump out of "Team Solidarity."  But canceling all the future greets for any winning sports teams is the long-term way to go.

Lebron James, acting as official spokesman for both the Cavs and the Warriors, says nobody on either team will go to the White House after the Basketball Finals presently under way.

The other article that up now says it was 10 players.  Which would have seemed like enough. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I love my Eagles,  but turning a traditional honor into a platform to embarrass the President is, well, unsportsmanlike, to say the least. 

I don't blame the President in the slightest for cancelling the event.   And like several others above,  I see no reason to hold these ceremonies for winning sports teams in the future.   Well, maybe for the Washington Capitals.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline WingNot

Or the Redskins.  But only because of their name has so much win

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The other article that up now says it was 10 players.  Which would have seemed like enough.

I've been reading that too, but it was unclear whether they were "Players" or "Team members."  You know how the President is about crowd sizes....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I've been reading that too, but it was unclear whether they were "Players" or "Team members."  You know how the President is about crowd sizes....

The right camera angle can make a few seem like a lot and vice versa.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The right camera angle can make a few seem like a lot and vice versa.

I would guess the perception would be controlled by the guys with the cameras.  The ones who have been fair to Trump so far.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I would guess the perception would be controlled by the guys with the cameras.  The ones who have been fair to Trump so far.

Well, there's that.

Offline dfwgator

I love my Eagles,  but turning a traditional honor into a platform to embarrass the President is, well, unsportsmanlike, to say the least. 

I don't blame the President in the slightest for cancelling the event.   And like several others above,  I see no reason to hold these ceremonies for winning sports teams in the future.   Well, maybe for the Washington Capitals.   

They'll probably accuse Ovechkin of putting a secret message from Putin in the Stanley Cup when they meet Trump.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@Cyber Liberty
So you're saying the white house controls all the cameras?

umm no
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
They'll probably accuse Ovechkin of putting a secret message from Putin in the Stanley Cup when they meet Trump.

@dfwgator
Ovechkin probably would
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
So you're saying the white house controls all the cameras?

umm no

No, quite the opposite.
I will NOT comply.