Author Topic: Comedian Chris Farley's family suing bike-maker Trek  (Read 859 times)

Offline corbe

Comedian Chris Farley's family suing bike-maker Trek
« on: June 06, 2018, 12:34:18 am »
Comedian Chris Farley's family suing bike-maker Trek

1 hr ago

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The family of late comedian and film star Chris Farley has filed a federal lawsuit against Trek Bicycle for naming its fat-tired bikes Farley, saying the Wisconsin-based bike company misappropriated Farley's name and traded on his "fat guy" brand of comedy.

Chris Farley was born and raised in Madison, about 30 miles from Waterloo, where Trek is based.

The Wisconsin State Journal reported Tuesday that the lawsuit originated in California last year but a judge on Friday ordered that it be heard instead in federal court in Madison because that is closer to all of the parties involved.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/comedian-chris-farleys-family-suing-bike-maker-trek/ar-AAygCCX?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Comedian Chris Farley's family suing bike-maker Trek
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 12:40:04 am »
In a van down by the river
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 01:06:06 am »
"You remember when you  misappropriated my name for your bike?   .....That wasn't awesome."

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 02:09:00 am »
No fan of Trek but Farley has been worm food for a long time now.  Most Buyers of that Trek Fat Tire bike wouldn't even grasp the loose connection to the dead guy.

Trek should prevail.   The bad thing for Trek the trial is in Madison.  so it is a crap shoot.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 09:00:48 pm »
If truly a "forgotten celebrity", then why name the "fat-tire" bike "Farley"?  Trek better have a good long-term, provable reason, otherwise they lose.