Author Topic: Terrible-Twos Trump Disinvites Philadelphia Eagles to White House Celebration  (Read 2398 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
   Sure, @DCPatriot  you put it that way and everyone's a winner since Trump didn't summarily execute the whole damn team on the South Lawn.   
   Thank You President Trump.

LOL!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Night Hides Not

Sure, @DCPatriot  you put it that way and everyone's a winner since Trump didn't summarily execute the whole damn team on the South Lawn.   

That's the only way the Dallas Cowboys win the NFC East for the forseeable future...then again, until Jerry Jones passes on to the next plane, and/or fires the Red Headed Genius, there's not much for Cowboy fans to hope for.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 02:26:57 am by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline corbe

Cowboys will always find a way to Lose, It's in Jerry Jones DNA.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
   Cowboys will always find a way to Lose, It's in Jerry Jones DNA.

Cannot wait to see where Kirk Cousins takes the Vikings!     Super Bowl??
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

Always had an affinity for Tennessee after all Texas wouldn't be here if not for them Volunteers but when Bud took my Oilers out of Houston I lost all hope for the NFL. 
   The Titans are looking damn good, though, so far.

REPEAT ASTROS!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

Cannot wait to see where Kirk Cousins takes the Vikings!     Super Bowl??

Hoping the Vikes can set a record with 0-for-5?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
That's the only way the Dallas Cowboys win the NFC East for the forseeable future...then again, until Jerry Jones passes on to the next plane, and/or fires the Red Headed Genius, there's not much for Cowboy fans to hope for.

@Night Hides Not   Hah.  That reminds me of my husband who used to call Jason The Red Jesus.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Yeah, nice gesture on Trump's part, @corbe   but I wouldn't have minded his picking off a couple here and there.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I don't blame the President for never hosting another sports-related event, but I don't believe in sacrificing things we love and have loved for decades because of a few spoiled miscreants.  The pro sports people are beginning to realize they need to get a grip on their employees or their franchises will go down the tubes.

Realistically, they can't.  If they mandated that players actually come out onto the field and stand for the Anthem or be fined/suspended, they'd have a mass player rebellion that would likely lead their franchises to go down the tubes even more quickly.  And the press would jump all over them.  The truth is that once the players decided to politicize games, the pretty much guaranteed that the league was going to suffer.  There's really no way around that.

In a couple of years this will be completely over and we can go back to celebrating sports.

I may sometimes come across as a 'reasonable guy", but I'm also vindictive as hell.  I would be extraordinarily pissed off if "the country came together" the next time a Democrat gets elected.  That lets them define "divisive" as "electing someone I don't like", and screw that.  They started the open culture war, and refusal to accept the results of an election they didn't like.  As far as I'm concerned, that should be the permanent end of comity, working together, and "respecting the office".  If it's going to be a war, then I have no desire to play permanent defense.

So in terms of visits by teams to the White House, I would hope that players who are Republican/conservative would not go to any future such meetings if it is a Democrat in office.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 12:45:03 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »