Author Topic: Nearly half of Bay Area residents want out, poll shows. The reason why is no surprise  (Read 762 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: SACRAMENTO BEE

URL: http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/article212449489.html

by  MICHAEL MCGOUGH

The idea of a Bay Area "exodus" is no joke, and appears to be growing more vivid and real with each year.

A poll released Sunday by a local advocacy group showed that 46 percent of Bay Area residents surveyed said they want to move out of the area within the next few years. That number is up from 34 percent in 2016 and 40 percent last year in the same poll.

The survey was a joint effort by advocacy group Bay Area Council and public opinion data firm EMC Research. The poll involved 1,000 registered voters in the Bay Area.

The reason for the urge to leave might be pretty obvious, at least to anyone knowledgeable on California: It's just too expensive. Cost of living (45 percent) and housing prices (27 percent) were the main reasons cited among the 461 residents who said they want out.

The idea of a Bay Area "exodus" is no joke, and appears to be growing more vivid and real with each year.

A poll released Sunday by a local advocacy group showed that 46 percent of Bay Area residents surveyed said they want to move out of the area within the next few years. That number is up from 34 percent in 2016 and 40 percent last year in the same poll.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Offline dfwgator

They need to find new nests to foul.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
They need to find new nests to foul.

I hear Washington State is nice this time of year.  Wine, apples and antifa....
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Cash out while you can.

When my wife's company shut down the NYC office, those people arrived in NC and went from a 2,000 sq foot house in NY to a 6,000 sq foot house in NC.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
SF is one of the most high priced markets in the country. Not that I want the locusts to move out and pollute wherever they go, but the bottom line is they could sell low and still have enough to buy a small ranch somewhere in the Midwest.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

I hear Washington State is nice this time of year.  Wine, apples and antifa....

They wouldn't like Texas, it's hot and the mosquitos are as big as pick-up trucks, it's pure hell living here, I tell ya.

Offline the_doc

They wouldn't like Texas, it's hot and the mosquitos are as big as pick-up trucks, it's pure hell living here, I tell ya.

Surely you didn't really mean to malign Texas.  I am sure you just wanted to discourage Californians from moving to the Great and Lovely State of Texas.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Yup. 
To bad Moonbean hasn't extended his CA travel Ban to Texas to include moving to Texas.  The evil spawn come and bred in those disgusting Mcmansions they build ans send their scum kids to infect the local schools with Califorincate Values...   Pure communism plan and simple I tells ya.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

Surely you didn't really mean to malign Texas.  I am sure you just wanted to discourage Californians from moving to the Great and Lovely State of Texas.

! No longer available