Author Topic: Starbucks Baristas Reflect On The Company's Anti-Cop Propaganda Disguised As 'Anti-Bias Training'  (Read 310 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Starbucks Baristas Reflect On The Company's Anti-Cop Propaganda Disguised As 'Anti-Bias Training'
Beth Baumann

|
Posted: Jun 02, 2018 4:15 PM

On Tuesday, Starbucks closed their stores across the nation to hold an "anti-bias" training after Donte Robinson and Rashon Nelson, two black men, were arrested for loitering at a Philadelphia store without buying anything.

Multiple Baristas who attended the training told Philadelphia Magazine that the company beat around the bush when discussing racial issues.

"I was really disappointed when I walked out of there because I was expecting so much more,” an 18-year-old black woman, pseudonym Tina,  said.

According to the woman, Baristas were given a 68-page guide where they were asked to respond to writing prompts with various scenarios.

“It felt like we were off task the entire time because we didn’t reflect on the situation itself,” the woman said, referring to the incident involving Robinson and Nelson. “The training materials focused a lot on police brutality, which had nothing to do with the incident that happened.”

Another attendee, a 27-year-old Latino man, pseudonym Jamie, said the executives leading the session came close to talking about the incident only when attendees asked about it.

more
https://townhall.com/notebook/bethbaumann/2018/06/02/starbucks-baristas-reflect-on-the-companys-anticop-propaganda-disguised-as-antibias-training-n2486718
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34