Author Topic: More Winning: Costco Raising Hourly Wages For Over 130,000 Employees  (Read 1533 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
dailywire
Hank Berrien
June 1, 2018

[excerpt]

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31334/more-winning-costco-raising-hourly-wages-over-hank-berrien

On Thursday, Costco announced it would raise the hourly wage for 130,000 of its American employees. CEO Richard Galanti, while discussing the company’s fiscal third-quarter earnings, said that starting wages for employees would be raised $1 an hour to $14.50 an hour while other hourly wages would be hiked 25 to 50 cents an hour.

Galanti added that the new wage increases would be probably be added to the company’s regular wage hikes. He acknowledged that the tax cuts would garner Costco an added $300 million each year.

The impetus for the wage hike was the windfall Costco received from the GOP tax cut; the company made $32.36 billion in sales and membership revenue in the twelve weeks ending May 13. That represented a 12.1% increase over the same period last year. Costco has enjoyed four straight quarters of double-digit sales growth.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Oceander

Re: More Winning: Costco Raising Hourly Wages For Over 130,000 Employees
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 06:19:52 pm »
It’ll all be taken back, and then some, in order to pay for the trillion dollar Trump deficits. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 09:38:36 pm »
It’ll all be taken back, and then some, in order to pay for the trillion dollar Trump deficits.

Lol...

We’ll just print the money to cover those/s
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 10:00:50 pm »
Lol...

We’ll just print the money to cover those/s

So then the resulting inflation will take the money back.  TINSTAAFL

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 10:03:57 pm »
More tangible proof......Trump is GOD!!!!!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 10:08:50 pm »
More tangible proof......Trump is GOD!!!!!

You needed proof, Frank?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 10:34:17 pm »
That crappy Costco, I guess they're planning on pocketing the remaining +/-$29.6 million from their tax cuts instead of giving it all to their employees.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 01:08:39 am »
That crappy Costco, I guess they're planning on pocketing the remaining +/-$29.6 million from their tax cuts instead of giving it all to their employees.

Or opening a few more stores and creating thousands more jobs and Millions more of that evil Capitalist Profit!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 01:09:00 am »
 Fantastic. Now the people who lost jobs at Harley Davidson, Boeing, and Carrier can get work at $14.50 instead of double that amount in their former positions.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2018, 02:27:00 am »
That 25 cent a gallon gas tax costs them much more than the pay raise.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2018, 02:51:11 am »
Or opening a few more stores and creating thousands more jobs and Millions more of that evil Capitalist Profit!

:laugh:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 03:06:09 am »
That 25 cent a gallon gas tax costs them much more than the pay raise.

I agree. Their life is more hopeless than even yours. They should all kill themselves immediately.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 03:07:50 am »
I agree. Their life is more hopeless than even yours. They should all kill themselves immediately.

Sure would help the unemployment numbers.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 03:09:15 am »

Well in this high tax political atmosphere maybe some will.  If they have to drive to get to their $14.75 hour jobs.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 03:22:16 am »
Well in this high tax political atmosphere maybe some will.  If they have to drive to get to their $14.75 hour jobs.

I know. I have never seen this level of misery on the streets ever before. People starving to death in the streets. Hooker only taking gallons of gas for payment. Not being able to get a standard shift on the American import Alfa Romeo Giulia.

It's a damn disaster out there and it is all Trumps fault!!!!!

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 03:52:44 am »
I know. I have never seen this level of misery on the streets ever before. People starving to death in the streets. Hooker only taking gallons of gas for payment. Not being able to get a standard shift on the American import Alfa Romeo Giulia.

It's a damn disaster out there and it is all Trumps fault!!!!!

I'm going to be quite blunt here Frank.  I live in a state that is famous for imposing taxes.  One of the biggest is gas.  Gas, cigarettes, booze, soda.  Anything they can tax they will.  I know where it is all coming from.  My liberal local government.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 04:02:12 am »
I'm going to be quite blunt here Frank.  I live in a state that is famous for imposing taxes.  One of the biggest is gas.  Gas, cigarettes, booze, soda.  Anything they can tax they will.  I know where it is all coming from.  My liberal local government.

You can always move......but you won't be able to with the snappy response of the ZF 6 speed manual transmission in the Alfa, because, well you know.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2018, 04:07:06 am »
You can always move......but you won't be able to with the snappy response of the ZF 6 speed manual transmission in the Alfa, because, well you know.

The point was that gas tax is a liberal trick.  Where can I move to get away from Trump without leaving the country?  No thanks on the Alpha.  I will take American muscle any day!