Author Topic: Starbucks Quietly Walks Back "Homeless Shelter" Bathroom Policy In New "Color Brave" Employee Manua  (Read 679 times)

rangerrebew

Starbucks Quietly Walks Back "Homeless Shelter" Bathroom Policy In New "Color Brave" Employee Manual
Profile picture for user Tyler Durden
by Tyler Durden
Thu, 05/31/2018 - 20:55

Starbucks has quietly walked back their "all inclusive" bathroom policy, perhaps after realizing that their employees and customers alike weren't responding well to the prospect of vagrants using their stores as a homeless shelter.

As part of their new "Third Place Policy" which the company shuttered 8,000 stores to pound into employees heads on Tuesday, Starbucks says "We want our stores to be the third place, a warm and welcoming environment where customers can gather and connect. Any customer is welcome to use Starbucks spaces, including our restrooms, cafes and patios, regardless of whether they make a purchase."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-31/starbucks-quietly-walks-back-homeless-shelter-bathroom-policy-new-color-brave

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Heh.

That didn't take long...

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What I find weird is the statement "Any customer is welcome to use Starbucks spaces, including our restrooms, cafes and patios, regardless of whether they make a purchase."

Starbucks is defining a customer as anybody in their store.

And here I thought a customer was someone who a company could make money from.

How will this company possibly survive?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

Starbucks Employees Say 'Bias' Training Was Mostly Anti-Cop Propaganda
by SandyMalone
7 hrs

Employees who attended Starbucks' unconscious bias training on Tuesday said the seminar was all about police brutality

Philadelphia, PA – Employees of color who attended the highly-publicized “unconscious bias training” for Starbucks employees on Tuesday have reported it was more of a lesson on police brutality than anything else.

Starbucks closed 8,000 stores for several hours on May 30 to facilitate seminars for its employees after the coffee shop was at the forefront of a racial controversy in April.

“It felt like we were off task the entire time because we didn’t reflect on the situation itself,” a black 18-year-old Starbucks employee called “Tina” told Philadelphia Magazine.

“The training materials focused a lot on police brutality, which had nothing to do with the incident that happened,” Tina said. ...

“It’s weird they focused so heavily on how we feel about our racial identity, because how is that going to help me deal with a homeless person using drugs in my bathroom?” asked Jamie, who is Puerto Rican. ...
Full story at BlueLivesMatter
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Coming as a surprise to no one that isn't fed by a keeper.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!