Author Topic: Royals: Man pleads guilty in plot to attack Prince George's school  (Read 436 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Man pleads guilty in plot to attack Prince George's school
The Associated Press Published 2:57 p.m. ET May 31, 2018

LONDON  — An alleged Islamic State group supporter who encouraged attacks on 4-year-old Prince George of Cambridge admitted to a string of terror offenses Thursday, two weeks into his trial in London.

Husnain Rashid, who previously said he'd done nothing wrong, switched his plea to guilty on four counts of preparing terrorist acts and encouraging terrorism due to the "overwhelming weight of evidence," the Crown Prosecution Service said in a statement.

Rashid, 32, a former teacher at a mosque in northwestern England, was accused of using the Telegram messaging site to encourage "lone wolf" attacks and to provide advice on the use of bombs, chemicals and knives.

Read more at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2018/05/31/man-pleads-guilty-plot-attack-prince-georges-school/660690002/

I'm not sure if this was included in the Royals thread, it is a bit of a different story.  Maybe someone already posted it, it's been big news. I will delete if I see another story on this same topic.