Author Topic: Gowdy: Come on, the FBI didn’t “spy” on Trump  (Read 404 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gowdy: Come on, the FBI didn’t “spy” on Trump

Ed MorrisseyPosted at 10:01 am on May 30, 2018

Well, this will make for awkward conversation the next time that Trey Gowdy and Donald Trump meet, which will … be the first time the two have met. The retiring chair of the House Oversight Committee told CBS This Morning that Trump’s allegation of FBI spying on his campaign doesn’t hold water. Gowdy tells John Dickerson that the FBI acted appropriately and that their target was Russia, not Trump’s campaign:

“When the FBI comes into contact with information about what a foreign government may be doing in our election cycle, I think they have an obligation to run it out,” said Gowdy on “CBS This Morning” on Wednesday.

He added, “Based on what I have seen, I don’t know what the FBI could have done or should have done other than run out a lead that someone loosely connected with the campaign was making assertions about Russia, I would think you would want the FBI to find out whether there was any validity to what those people were saying.” …

more
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/05/30/gowdy-come-fbi-didnt-spy-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34